News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Its cold.  It's snowed off and on today.  Pooty on that. 

Went to Grandma's and picked up some stuff.....foods, cleaners, etc., stuff that would freeze with no heat cause my aunt will be shutting the lights off before too long...  It seems weird to go there and her not be there.  She should've been sitting in her chair in the living room ready for church and ready to hop right up and go when I got there.....

But, as a friend said to me, she's in church all the time now. 

:smirk2:

Heather

Bristol got snow but I didn't!!!!!  :-( Rearranged my side of the dorm room. I'm one of THOSE people who moved my living room furniture around every few months in my old house. Not much I can do with very limited space, but I like it. In pulling everything out from under my bed though a tragedy happened. The suitcase my parents bought me for my first missions trip had been attacked by mold prior to them installing our dehumidifier. It couldn't be saved. I'd had that bag since summer of 2001. Mom refused to let me take her old blue Sears vinyl suitcase that had to be duct taped shut because the one lock wouldn't work anymore. [I still have the matching vanity case that will be with me til I die!] Me and that rollie bag has been through a whole mess of life together..... It served me well.....

Work all day tomorrow. Only supposed to be in the 30's tomorrow
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on November 14, 2014, 04:05:19 AM
Rearranged my side of the dorm room. I'm one of THOSE people who moved my living room furniture around every few months in my old house. Not much I can do with very limited space, but I like it.

I rearrange my living room every few months too. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on November 13, 2014, 12:43:16 PM
:hi:
Cheesehead, doesn't it cost more to run space heaters instead of the furnace?

And yes, probably.  But try to tell him that. 

There's a heater upstairs and downstairs....  He wants the one that's upstairs to blow on the thermostat so the furnace won't run as much.....  Last night, he wanted me to bring it downstairs though.

But then today, he had mom take it back upstairs.

He's a strange old pitiful man. 

*sigh*

Chseeads

Roscoe

Been a fun day. Trying to find a local computer shop that won't rip my head off is a fruitless endevour, apparently. One shop had the nerve to quote a price of $275 for a Windows Vista machine that wasn't worth half of that.
But, I did have some success- while wandering through a flea market I found an old metal cooler from the 50's like what I have been searching for for quite sometime. It was reasonable, and promptly followed me home.
Then I bought groceries,came home and got Lou's car and took it to Russellville, where the cupped rear tires that made so much road noise that you couldn't talk with each other at highway speeds were replaced.
While waiting for the tires to be installed, I overheard a big ole rawboned country boy wearing overalls preaching a sermon to a scrawny Iranian dude. Nearly stood up and shouted when he got over on the oneness of the Godhead and began quoting scripture. Turns out the kid attends an independant church about 20 miles south of Russellville. I can see he and I becoming good friends...we talked for twenty minutes after the Iranian retreated to call his cell and tell them we were too crazy to bomb. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Waiting on a buttermilk pie to come out of the oven. First time making one.

Young adult group has "Friendsgiving" tomorrow. Thanksgiving with friends if you didn't catch it. ;)
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

$275 for a vista box?  It better have an i7 processor and at least 4 gigs ram. 

I am a HUGE fan of buttermilk pie.  Let me know how it turned out.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 15, 2014, 08:09:43 AM
$275 for a vista box?  It better have an i7 processor and at least 4 gigs ram. 

I am a HUGE fan of buttermilk pie.  Let me know how it turned out.
That was my thought. It had DuoCore processor and 2 gigs. I  left without telling the dude he was a moron.  :P I honestly think he saw me-dressed as usual, overalls,ect- and saw an illiterate, non computer savvy hick. Which, while not far from the truth, was his mistake. I may be all of that, but I have friends. And they are geeks.BWAAAHHAAAA!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Roscoe

Cold today. I ended my search for a new to me laptop today with a craigslist purchase. Dell E6500, with Windows 7 Ultimate loaded on it. Absolutely spotless, bought it from a 50-ish lady schoolteacher for $130, with her offering unconditional moneyback guarantee for 24 hours. I am pleased.

They are saying possible snow and ice here tonight and tomorrow. I HAD been planning on a slight trip with two friends to northern Arkansas for hoghunting and just general sightseeing, but that may be on hold...

The Purple Fuzzy

It's drizzly here and in upper 30s but supposed to drop to 20s tonight.

Heather

its been rainy since sometime during church til current. supposed to keep at it til sometime tomorrow. I'm actually kind of happy that the snow that was being called for is just going to be rain. staying with my parents tonight since i have to be at the bristol store for inventory at 6 am. 10 minutes to work instead of 45. that's 30 extra minutes of sleep!!!!

excellent church this morning!! really bummed Brandon had to work and couldn't make it. we had 1 filled with the Holy Ghost and 6 baptized in Jesus Name.

Chseeads

:smirk2:

Dad continues to scoot the heater closer or farther from the thermostat to dictate how much the furnace kicks on.

He's a strange, strange, man.

And a poor pitiful one as well. 

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I saw what looked like sleet on a few surfaces on my way to work.

Roscoe

It snowed around 2 inches here last night, but curiously enough, the roads were clear, something which caused Chey untold grief, as she wanted out of school. Since I had taken a vacation day, and Lou was off, we went to Conway where Lou shopped at Goodwill, then we came home and I cooked chili. After eating a large bowl, I have discovered that it seeks revenge and has been trying to eat me. Thank God for acid controllers....

Chseeads

Pray for dad.....he's having pain.....he had a doctor's appointment today.  They did an xray.  Hoping and praying that it's not anything bad.  *sigh*

Lynx

Bobby I have to agree with your daughter.  As Calvin (of Calvin & Hobbes) said, "Getting two inches of snow is like winning ten cents in the lottery." 

"But it's pretty..."
"Nobody ever closed school on account of prettiness."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Yes, well... Bill Watterson lives substantially north of Texas.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 18, 2014, 02:25:16 PM
Oh, I don't know, 2 inches of snow is a big deal here. ;)

Yea I was about to say - 2inches here and EVERY thing shuts down. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

We got a dusting but nothing more of the white fluffy stuff. 2 inches of snow would have caused some school delays but life would have continued as normal for the most part.

Roscoe

:hi: Home. Tired. Studying for tomorrow night. Lands, I shall be glad when pastor is back to full strength. A full time job and trying to find the mind of God for every service is killing me. I struggle to find God's mind for me, much less 40+ other people...:lol: