News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

My approval or lack thereof is not a factor.  My sourdough bread would never hold soup like that bread bowl.  Different product for a different use.

Evening service was canceled here for fear of the weather.  Never saw anything even close to ice, just rain.  Missed a good service for nothing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

The roads are icy here. My friend trying to get home from Dallas got stuck on interstate for hours before she finally stopped in canton.

Roscoe

Roads are bad here too. The 45 minute drive from work took my friend who works secdond shift 2 hours and 45 minutes, and he said he was concerned that he wasn't going to make it at all.......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

The roads I drove on weren't bad, but they were quite empty. Took me less time then usual.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 03, 2014, 03:29:48 AM
Lots of folks around here have lost electricity.

Lots of folks around here (GP) have lost their mind.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on March 03, 2014, 04:47:25 PM

You were the first to go.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 03, 2014, 05:03:26 PM

Not true. He never had a mind to lose...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on March 03, 2014, 09:35:41 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 03, 2014, 05:03:26 PM

Not true. He never had a mind to lose...

Like you can even talk.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

GP is alive and well I see... :D

I havent so much as even worn long sleeves in weeks. I dont know what yall are talking about. Temps have been in the 60s, and Saturday we sat on the porch, enjoying a cool breeze while Kendall sweated and did yard work. Then we went out to eat and enjoyed the sunshine.

Today its rained, but not cold.

I had a great day at work today, busy busy busy, but I really enjoyed it for some reason. lol I also brought home some chicken that I fried, so thats what we are having for dinner.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Lynx

Yup, that puppy is in the family to stay, looks like.    :teeth:

In local news, driving to work today was FUN!  Ice on all the roads.  More than 3/4 the work force reported to work, and this is Tennessee, so you know the roads were still navigable... but there was some sliding into ditches by people who just don't know how to drive on snow and ice. 

Unfortunately by the time we got out of work all the roads were clear.  Ah well, I had my fun. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Heather

By decree of the Governor all state colleges were canceled. Which is a bummer because I was ready to go at least take my Theatre test to get it out of the way.

My roommate text me today to let me know she brought a cat home..... I'm still undecided. He's cute and all but the current plan is for him to stay with us a week then head home to Cornersville [wherever that is] with her to her moms house over spring break next week. So, I'm trying not to get attached. I am however bringing him in on Friday to have his shots and be neutered. No cat needs those tumors hanging around.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Newsman

Roscoe

:hi: Morning. Made it to work. Not too bad- just a few icy patches here and there..

Melody

It's a brisk 14° now so it was colder the 10x I took the puppy I out last night.  I'm not sure which is more challenging, a newborn baby or puppy?  Taking a puppy out in the middle of the night a number of times and it whimpering to sleep with us, and her trying to teeth on my face,  or getting up to crying and changing diapers.  At least with nursing you can just bring baby to bed.  This puppy's schedule is the same as a newborn's. 

I've got to read up on breaking biting. She literally just went from her mama and siblings in a barn to us yesterday afternoon so she's totally from scratch!

Lord, send a family with a farm.

MsJennJenn

My parents brought a puppy home too from Oklahoma. She was my Mom's Dads puppy. My Mom couldn't leave her. I don't think she could. A piece of her Daddy if you will. She's half chihuahua and half yorkie. She's ugly, but cute. lol

I made a 55 on my Biology lab midterm. Told you I am no good at tests.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

With a dog ugly doesn't matter. What's her personality like?

Mellowyellow: Though I don't have a farm, I would love to take the dog off your hands, but one Australian Shepherd already has way too much energy. He's wearing me out. Although if I took your dog, maybe they would tire each other out and leave me alone...
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 04, 2014, 05:38:56 PM
With a dog ugly doesn't matter. What's her personality like?

She's feisty....very very hyper. And also skittish at the moment.
She kept trying to get our other two dogs (half chihuahua/half jack russell) to play with her last night and they weren't having it. They just sniffed and inspected and barked. lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

Whoever takes her right now needs to be around all day and all night.  She isn't potty trained, doesnt sleep through the night and is pretty thin. I was told she was weaned too early so I'm watching what I feed her.  If someone hasn't taken by time she's at least sleeping through the night, let's talk if you're serious. She comes across kind of dainty, but she's a baby so she may not be. 

Pyrenees get very thick coats and someone told me they need shaven in the summer if it's warm regions.  Idk if that's true or not.

Currently she's asleep. Lol

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

As long as the coat is taken care of [brushed regularly, no matting, etc] that is a myth.

So no ladies conference and no spring 'break' for me. I will start my new job on Tuesday. My last day at my old job is Wednesday. I will be at my new job Thursday and Friday. He is desperate for help. He had another person give notice this past week and his last day is next Friday. They are already talking of promoting me as soon as I'm eligible.

2 tests done and my paper is already submitted. 1 more test on Thursday then no school for a week. Wahoo!!!!

And I detest male cats who still have their boy parts. Our apartment smells very strongly of cat urine. I'm just glad it's all in the box and not all over the house. UGH!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

No an outdor dog but it's been below zero and she's not set up for outside yet. You can't just toss a 6wk old out in -25 by themself because they'll be an outdoor dog.  :roll:  I have no way to have her be outside right now anyway.

MsJennJenn

Applied to join up with the team from http://7minutefix.com/
Had to write an article, plus design the header for it, on "3 Goals of Every Hyphen Ministry".

Just finished that up. Gotta say I'm pretty stoked.
-Alexander Den Heijer-