News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

They moved Seth to the "special" floor as we moved into Sharing 484

Started by mini, June 08, 2013, 11:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

What are you saying?  They went straight and ran smoothly for a full extended weekend.  Of course that was because we were there... :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on July 12, 2013, 06:33:08 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 12, 2013, 06:30:09 PM

...discovered that my forgetfulness has cost me $26 at the library...

That is SOME forgetfulness!
Yeah...a couple weeks before the car show, Chey and I did our usual Daddy and Chey day, which includes going to the library...She got two kids' movies, which have a one week loan period. I was busy getting things ready for company and the car show, then car show time, then Elona and Jason and the kids revival, then the fourth holiday- I didn't get 'em returned in a timely manner. The videos are what cost the whey outta me..... :pound:
Quote from: Psalm_97 on July 12, 2013, 06:37:30 PM
What are you saying?  They went straight and ran smoothly for a full extended weekend.  Of course that was because we were there... :D
They didn't. They just prolonged the inevitable crash. Might I remind you that my computer's charging cord gacked on me while you were present? And the Corvette was still refusing to run while you were here....I just didn't throw my usual fit -and hammers, ect- because I was trying to be a good guy around you'ns.. :hypocrite:
And speaking of the charging cord- the new one I got in had dismayed me. It works well, but creates tons of "hash noise"....electrical interference on my ham radio. Therefore I have to charge the computer, use it, then basically quit hamming until it's recharged. Gonna have to find me some ferrite beads for the cables... :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Could the noise be coming from the internal sound card?  It is possible a simple outboard (USB) sound card could solve the problem.  They are cheap and you don't need to know a thing about computers to use them - just plug one in and the computer will recognize and use it.

Easy to test, all you need is  a speaker or headphones and run a sound input through an audio program. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Please disregard the previous post.  Whether it's electrical carry-over to the sound card or interference with the ham radio frequencies themselves, stopping the interference from the charger cable would solve it.  I have a nerd reflex to find work-arounds.  Just ignore me.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

dropped off Lou's FMLA papers since she's been off work sick all week

Morning sickness can be terrible.  When is she due?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on July 11, 2013, 05:39:42 PM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on July 11, 2013, 05:19:16 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 11, 2013, 04:44:54 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 11, 2013, 01:19:51 PM
Howdy.  It's not my Friday... :(
:P :P :P
Okay son, if you REALLY want to play twist-the-knife... At least we don't have to work on Sunday.  :P

What?  Don't start nothin, there won't be nothin.  :hypocrite: I was thinking it when Fuzzy said it wasn't her Friday, but I wasn't going to say it... until you did that.
Nor do I. I have to go to my workplace on Sunday, but work?  Piffle. I think not.  :P That's my fast internet/ebay/craigslist browsing day.  :lol:
Ah, so that's what they mean when they say our tax dollars at work play.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on July 12, 2013, 08:19:16 PM

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: She has shingles. :cry: Apparently, they are more than a roofing material- who knew?
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on July 12, 2013, 11:55:40 PM
Quote from: mini on July 12, 2013, 08:19:16 PM

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: She has shingles. :cry: Apparently, they are more than a roofing material- who knew?

And you carry shingles home in bundles...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Oooooh, shingles... one of the ministers at my church has that and he can't leave the house sometimes.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Melodya - What documentaries? I'm always on the look out for more resources we can use for school. :)

Quote from: mini on July 13, 2013, 12:43:35 AM
And you carry shingles home in bundles...

:ugly:

Soooo.... is she having twins or triplets, Roscoe?

Oh yeah, about that library fine.... did you try renewing them before you took them back? Sometimes we can fake out our library system by doing that. :hypocrite: As long as there isn't a hold on the item. Also, if your library is like ours, you should use CHEY'S card to check things out - not yours - because (at least here) there is bigger grace period for kids than adults. And sometimes no fines at all. Even if it's ridiculously late.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

Roscoe

Mini- you are dead to me. As well as the rest of you that seem to be in favor of another wee one here........:pound:

Lynx

Personally I vote against another kid.  Cheyenne would be very unhappy having to share daddy's attention. 

Of course the hypothetical new one could be a momma's child...
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Too... much... chit-chat... can't keep up...

Man, it's dead here today.  Everyone must be taking advantage of the sunshine to mow the yard. 

Thought for the day:  Does it bother anybody else that we have refrigerators made by Hotpoint and ovens made by Frigidaire? 
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

A major GP wedding took place today.  Rae & Ant tied the knot....Nikjoy and Elfin were there.....

Oh the good old days.

Lynx

Who and who? All those people must have been before my time.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Way before your time.

Ahhh Memories.

Im alive. Dad is alive and doing well. Church tomorrow. Bought some home grown tomatoes that are delicious, and a watermelon that isnt what I expected. had to dig most of the middle portion out cause it was grainy and mushy. BLECH. But got a flat of strawberries and some corn for free. The strawberries were almost bad, so I washed and sliced a whole gallon bag worth and now they are froze.

My brother John was here and his wife. We have not seen them in over a year, and they stayed two days. That was nice.

Church and staff meeting tomorrow. And Ive already prepped sketti sauce for the crock pot while we are at church.

My update. That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

Quote from: Chseeads on July 14, 2013, 02:48:28 AM
A major GP wedding took place today.  Rae & Ant tied the knot....Nikjoy and Elfin were there.....

Oh the good old days.

Awwwwww!!!  That is so awesome!  Rae, Nicole, and Renee were really awesome on here.  Miss them.

Lynx

Yay for overtime!  My traveling rather overextended my budget (gas is expensive these days!) so I was very glad to hear we were working Saturday this week.  Here's hoping we're so busy we have to work Saturday next week too.  :D 

Now I'm gonna fall over and get some sleep before church tomorrow... er, later today I guess it is now.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:sob: I'm back at work. So did not want my weekend to go by so fast.... but it did. :pound: And now I'm dreading Wednesday. Lou and Chey will be gone to Tulsa all weekend. I don't know how I will survive without them home, I'll be a nervous wreck.  :smirk2:

mini

So...you will be a nervous wreck because they are gone, or because she is gone with your money and a plethora of thrift stores around?

Lynx

Did someone say thrift stores? 

:D :D :D :D

Just be glad you don't have a McKay's over there. You'd never see Sis. Lou again.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on July 14, 2013, 12:05:53 PM
So...you will be a nervous wreck because they are gone, or because she is gone with your money and a plethora of thrift stores around?
No worries about the money- I ain't got any anyhow.  :smirk2: I just tend to worry myself to death, imagining the worst, unless they are right with me. Stupid. One of my battles. I'll be a basketcase by the time they get home.