News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

They moved Seth to the "special" floor as we moved into Sharing 484

Started by mini, June 08, 2013, 11:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

So after they kicked me out of I left Arkansas, I spent about a day and a half at home mowing the yard and helping with the church kids' day camp, then I came up to East TN to visit family.  And it promptly started raining.  And raining and raining and raining...  If I didn't have stacks of CDs to process I'd be bored.  But even with the CDs, I'd still rather be back in Arkansas.  Or I'd like the folks who were in Arkansas to reconvene here, either way - if y'all were all here we'd have fun regardless of weather.

If it would stop raining I'd go hike up Margeurite Falls trail.  But all the weather services are predicting rain from here to the foreseeable future.  Feh.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Yep its monsoon season apparently here. How long are you up this way? After today i have the next 3 days off.

Work shouldnt be too bad today. Most of the people who make me want to stab my eyes out are off work.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

We were supposed to get rained out last night, but it was cloudy, and right before the show started it cleared up beautifully.

I really enjoyed igniting explosives. :freaky2:

I totally overslept today. Was supposed to take Dad and Allen* to breakfast at 6:30, and Mom came in here and woke me up at 7:03 and said Allen was waiting on me to take him to work. :o

I jumped up and got ready in 5 mins and he was nearly late.

(*Allen is my Aunts nephew who lives with them and moved here recently from AZ. He is ANNOYING. I dont care for him much. We are not really friends. I tolerate him mostly...but this week, Pastor and Sis Ramsey are out of town at LA campmeeting, so I have been babysitting him cause he doesnt have a license. So he has to be chauffeured everywhere, and kept out of trouble, and monitored. {THAT has been a job let me tell ya! There has been DRAMA all week that he wouldnt dare do if they were home...its all gonna hit the fan this evening though...I know that for FACT} :smirk2: He is 29 years old, but acts 13. A thorn in my side...but Im sure that this is Gods way of teaching me something. *sigh*)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

HeatherB:  Leaving tomorrow.  Gotta get back down to where I belong before night so I can type the bulletin for Sunday.  Being alone, at church, at night is really creepy.

Quote from: MelodyB on July 05, 2013, 01:11:07 PM
I really enjoyed igniting explosives. :freaky2:
I bet you would have been a blast at the Arkansas meetup. Literally.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I never saw it either, but I read a news byte on yahoo news, something about a promo for the movie, or something... anyway, the symbol stands for "hope." 

Lots of junk in yahoo news.  Wish there was a way to filter out all the "news" about hollywood stars.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Im spending the afternoon crying in my car because its the only place i feel at home. Sadly the radio stopped working again orid just live in here.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I am home!  After a lot of traveling around I have popped back into my lair and I'm staying here. 

Actually my bank account tells me I shouldn't do any more traveling for awhile... but it was fun. 

And Bobby, I think your AR sun is more harsh than our TN sun.  I drove three hours in AR and got somewhat sunburned - even the left side of my face got a bit burned, I think from the reflected sun off the pavement.  I drove a good nine hours in TN today and didn't get burned at all.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

My day got better. I went and ran on the treadmill. Plus i get to go to MY church tomorrow so thats awesome.

sunlight

I got like 34 hugs from a little guy named donavyn today... :hyper:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote for the day:  "My life is filled with 20/20 hindsight experiences... which usually translates to 'What in the world was I thinking?!'"
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Lord. I wanna go home. Back at work. Man, the weekend was too short.
Quote from: Psalm_97 on July 07, 2013, 12:13:01 PM
Quote for the day:  "My life is filled with 20/20 hindsight experiences... which usually translates to 'What in the world was I thinking?!'"
Oh, boy...can I ever relate.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Church was awesome this morning! Revival is about to breakthrough. You can just feel it building. Im excited.

Working on my resume this afternoon. 2 ladies i go to church with work at a medical office that is looking for a fulltime receptionist. Please Lord if this is Your will let me get this job!!

Lynx

Ooooh, fulltime!  :hyper:

Ask Brandon to be praying too.  Nothing like a cause to get a guy to pray.  ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

We had a forevermore powerful service last night.

A older pastor, retired, sits at the back of the church next to the sound booth.  He doesn't stand much in church due to age, but is keenly aware of everything that's going on.  Last night, worship service didn't want to stop.  It was going.  Pastor got up to preach, and there was a spirit of worship in the house.  This brother stood, looked back at me (I was in the sound booth), and motioned for me to help him up to the front of the church.

Friends, he was walking in the spirit.  Woodoggy....

God had nudged him to go pray for a precious lady in our church.  She just finished week 5 of chemo, and has only missed 1 service.  Shes a trooper.  Yesterday she was down, but there.  This brother signaled to the pastor to go pray with him, and drug me along.  I felt like I was in the blast zone of a red hot revival/healing outbreak.

Church went absolutely nuts.  I turned around and the altars were full, people were praying, weeping, worshiping.

Im in awe of God right now.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Mini:  Love it when that happens.  :D

Everyone else: Howdy y'all.

In local news: During my week off I reverted to my default morning-person nature. (Ask Bobby about that...) Over the weekend I was trying to resynchronize to second shift hours, lest I be no good at work tonight.  I succeeded, but at a price - I dreamed like one of Seth's nutboxes last night. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Well we've really only settled the question of ghosts that emit or reflect visible light.  Or move things around.  Or make any kind of noise.  But that covers all the ghosts that were in Ghostbusters, so I think we're good."
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Repost in the correct thread... :

Well. I'm fixing to take dad to Ocean Springs hospital. (about 20 miles away) His surgeon is there today, so he agreed to cut off his toe this evening after all his other surgeries. This is good and bad, good cause dad will get some relief, bad that it's in OS and we will have to drive over. In fact, after I take dad today, and come home, we won't be able to go back over and see him till after Wednesday cause there isn't ANY money for gas. So he will be alone unless mom borrows some money from somewhere. So I'm kinda worried about that too.

But God knows.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

That's fantastic, mini. Him being our portion is more than we could deserve or imagine.

I'm sorry Mel. I wish there were an easy solution that you could just do but I bet the lessons and faith you're getting are immeasurable.

Andrew turned 15 on Saturday. This boy is now 6'1" and growing. He got no "pinch to grow an inch" this year as he's in need of pants at the moment. Lol

He got a BB rifle and we went out and fished after hitting Red Lobster for inspiration.  I think we can never afford to go there ever again! My Word. Lol.

I was wearing leggings under my skirt when fishing to ward off bugs. They went mid shin. But I managed to get the worst ever chigger attack in my life. After traipsing through tall grass and finding good fishing spots through the brush around the water I got a horrid mess of them from the knees up. I'm pretty sure it's cause we got home and while my skirt went in the wash I was still in the leggings till midnight, not thinking anything of it. I needed to stay up and change over the laundry for church. Boy, I woke up Sunday morning with my legs on fire from the itchiness!  It took me a day to be sure what it really was. Last night I could not sleep I itched so bad. I was googling what it could be.  That is pretty much never helpful as it kind of freaked me out worse at first!!

I broke down and took some Benadryl. :Gasp:  Coconut oil really stops the itching for awhile but well, this is intense. I probably have a hundred bites on each thigh. This morning my head feels like a bowling ball. Not taking meds makes me more sensitive to it. A pot of coffee will help I hope.

I'm reading a life changing book called "The Blessing" that is cleaning my clock. Powerful stuff.