News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Seths gone to the Jewelry Store, Hes gonna Marry Mel in Sharing 474

Started by mini, December 05, 2012, 11:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

See, I TOLD you that YOU are the criminal mind in the crowd, Poopsie!

Quote from: kkay on December 07, 2012, 04:01:12 PM
I need to get rid of this puppy chow chex mix and chips today.

Guess you'll just have to eat it all today then.

kkay

I'm sure Seth would help you hide the evidence ;)

Think I'm gonna save the food for my mom's house. I've been trying to nibble on everything all morning but I'm not gonna be able to do it.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kkay

Was that a volunteer hand raised, Roscoe? You'll help her too?

:hypocrite:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

kkay

I got some sports tickets for December...but now I'm rethinking it. The team we're playing is actually doing pretty good :smirk2: Oh well. It'll still be an experience.

Lynx

After two nights of sleeping in a different part of the house, on something that is not an air mattress, I finally got a good night's sleep on a real air mattress in my darkened room where the sun can't wake me up.  I feel much better now.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

MelodyB

Lynx

Because besides the air mattress there is no bed in my bedroom.  If I did not sleep in other rooms, I would be sleeping on the floor.  Or on my swivel chair.

First night, I tried sleeping on the couch.  Second night I tried sleeping on the bed in the guest bedroom.  Both were not my air mattress and both were in rooms where the sun woke me up.  Mean ole sun!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

Quote from: MelodyB on December 07, 2012, 11:41:04 AM
Oh, and I have page number 2 on repeat in my head since I awoke.

Can anyone, besides Seth, name what song that is without looking? ;)

Of course I can. I'm amazing like that.  :cool:

Mel dearie, I think a GPer or two who live somewhat closer to you than I do should volunteer to come kidnap said stupid dog and "dispose" of him for you when you're *ahem* not looking. That way, you know nothing, and your mom can think whatever she likes.

Isaac, I know exactly what you're saying about the time off off without pay thing. Been there, thought that. But........... now that I'm trying to stretch a budget for a family of four (soon to be five) I'm realizing more and more how just a few days without pay can be a HUGE thing for some families. *shrug* I think it really depends on where you're at in life at the moment. Maybe. But I still don't see the point in grumbling and complaining about it. :)

A local coffee shop has some sort of "sponsor" for this morning, and all coffee drinks between 10 and noon are free. I asked hubby to take me on a date. :cool: And let someone else pay the bill for once. :cool: I don't THINK my boys will kill each other if we disappear for an hour...................... *lol*

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Heather

Due to my illness [which cost me around $70 even with insurance] and the fact I missed 3 days of work this week. I don't even want to think what my paycheck will be.......and right before Christmas too. Luckily I bought part of Brandon's already.

I've decided this sunday to attend the 'sister church' to the one I was going to where my ex now is. Bro and Sis Moore started a home missions church about 40 minutes away up in Damascus VA. They were actually the ones to do my first bible study and also prayed me through  :cool: I was looking on Google maps and it's literally only going to be 10 minutes more to get there than go the other way to my old church. The joys of living in the middle of the country....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Heather

Also Mel....I can take care of that dog for you when i make it down there  :dead2:  :cool:

Roscoe

Quote from: kkay on December 07, 2012, 05:07:20 PM

Quote from: MelodyB on December 07, 2012, 05:07:21 PM
I wish I could take him out with the trash.
When these two comments follow mine, it concerns me. I don't know if Mel is talking about the dog, me, or Seth........ :laughhard:
Quote from: SippinTea on December 07, 2012, 06:54:40 PM

Isaac, I know exactly what you're saying about the time off off without pay thing. Been there, thought that. But........... now that I'm trying to stretch a budget for a family of four (soon to be five) I'm realizing more and more how just a few days without pay can be a HUGE thing for some families. *shrug* I think it really depends on where you're at in life at the moment. Maybe. But I still don't see the point in grumbling and complaining about it. :)

:beret:
^^ I agree. There have been times, heck even to a degree, now is one of them, that a couple of days' loss of pay could be the difference in lights, water, gas- or not. Right now isn't quiet THAT bad for us, but it ain't that far off either, just like many of you here....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kkay

Quote from: Roscoe on December 07, 2012, 07:28:52 PM

When these two comments follow mine, it concerns me. I don't know if Mel is talking about the dog, me, or Seth........ :laughhard:

Why can't it be all of the above? ;)

Just ate half a cow and 1/3 of a chicken for lunch. I'm feeling very very gross. Oh well. Tomorrow starts the better part of eating.

Gotta go to the store today and stock up on chicken, veggies and fruit. We also need some other essentials.

Roscoe

Quote from: kkay on December 07, 2012, 07:31:57 PM

Just ate half a cow and 1/3 of a chicken for lunch. I'm feeling very very gross. Oh well. Tomorrow starts the better part of eating.

Gotta go to the store today and stock up on chicken, veggies and fruit. We also need some other essentials.
:pound: :pound: that would concern me too. Seth and the dog, not so much, but I'd rather not be hauled off...... May the half a cow stay with you indefinately for that comment.  :hypocrite:

Lynx

Yes, I understand how a few day's pay can make the difference in bills.  I just don't understand why they keep grumbling about the company.  I know for a fact most of them have worked at other places.  One would think they would be aware of how good they have it, even with low business at this time.

And MelodyB, I could drop down and um... accidentally pick up a dog.  Let me know when it will be outside. :furtive:
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 07, 2012, 07:38:28 PM
May the half a cow stay with you indefinately for that comment.  :hypocrite:
Oooh, now that's a curse I wouldn't wish on anyone!  :P

Speaking of eating half a cow though, I'm reminded of a line from Carl Hurley, a pretty good comedian.  He's a short little, fat little man, and he gets a lot of humor out of it.  He said he's going on the Atkins diet... not Dr. Atkins, Sam Atkins, his neighbor.  Old Sam will eat anything.

He said Sam told him his doctor put him on a liquid diet - he could have anything that came out of a blender.  He said last night he drank two chickens and a pot roast.  Oh well, back to the drawing board.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 07, 2012, 07:40:53 PM
Yes, I understand how a few day's pay can make the difference in bills.  I just don't understand why they keep grumbling about the company.  I know for a fact most of them have worked at other places.  One would think they would be aware of how good they have it, even with low business at this time.

And MelodyB, I could drop down and um... accidentally pick up a dog.  Let me know when it will be outside. :furtive:
Some people just like to grumble. My place of work doesn't ask you to do ANY physical labor,it's rare for you to have to take official action, the chief has been known to personally work for you so you can take off if necessary, and the pay is some of the highest in the state for my field of work. And yet I have a large amount of colleagues complaining nonstop. They were twisted off a few months ago because the boss decreed they walk the building three times an eight hour shift instead of two. Five floors- it takes thirty minutes to walk IF you shake every door.  :roll: Stupid people. If they had to work the streets like I did, they'd be thankful. But the majority haven't....

kkay

Quote from: Roscoe on December 07, 2012, 07:38:28 PM
Quote from: kkay on December 07, 2012, 07:31:57 PM

:pound: :pound: that would concern me too. Seth and the dog, not so much, but I'd rather not be hauled off...... May the half a cow stay with you indefinately for that comment.  :hypocrite:

Not nice :nono: Not at all :p

Heather

I don't like these steroids. They taste horribly and are making me jittery.

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on December 07, 2012, 07:49:16 PM
Ohhh....I hate that. Stuff that makes me jittery is never good. I hope ya get better soon...
And kkay- You started it...  :P

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Quote from: Roscoe on December 07, 2012, 07:52:06 PM
Quote from: HeatherB on December 07, 2012, 07:49:16 PM
Ohhh....I hate that. Stuff that makes me jittery is never good. I hope ya get better soon...
And kkay- You started it...  :P

they wanted to put me on a prescription sudafed but i refused it. that stuff does all kinds of bad to me. i've been told i look like someone on speed if i take it. steroids was the least of the 2 evils.

kkay

Someone smells reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally bad around here. PHEW!

Yuck.