News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Fantasy Football (No gambling - just for fun)

Started by Scott, August 08, 2012, 04:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

We've had a Fantasy Football league for quite a few years. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

We need to have at least 6 players in the league to make it fun.  Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks...
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Does it require knowing anything about football?  I know two groups of guys try to get the ball to each other's end goal, but that's about it.  Do I have to study up on how the game is played to play this fantasy league?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

If there's no gambling, where's the fun in it?

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 08, 2012, 04:39:07 PM
Does it require knowing anything about football?  I know two groups of guys try to get the ball to each other's end goal, but that's about it.  Do I have to study up on how the game is played to play this fantasy league?

That is up to you.  We once had a gal from England play and she knew nuthin' 'bout football and she did okay.

This is a stat oriented game, so you should read about the games and don't expect your opponents to let you know when your players are injured or out for any period of time. Within in the game you will find stats, info and news updates on your players, it is your responsibility to read or not read them.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Quote from: Chseeads on August 08, 2012, 05:08:45 PM
If there's no gambling, where's the fun in it?

Just 'cuz you have a problem, don't mean the rest of us do.

The Never Ending Battle

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Scott

if I can get enough people that want to do it.. not it here or via PM.. we will set it up. I will put the info in here.

ESPN
NFL
or Yahoo?

The Never Ending Battle

mini

Explain how fantasy football works...I really dont understand it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_football_%28American%29

If we'd had Wikipedia a few years ago, we wouldn't have needed The Magic Schoolbus. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: