News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

My Coolest Photo Opportunity EVER

Started by mini, May 25, 2012, 07:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

My helper and I were driving airport property a few minutes ago, and I spotted a doe.  She acted a little funny, and as I drove close to where she was at, she ran off.  Then I spotted why she was acting funny.  Her fawn!

I ran, grabbed my camera, and went back.  Momma was hiding, and the baby spotted me, and ran to me, then bedded down in front of me.  I was able to get pictures of all this.  After a few moments the fawn decided we were no harm, stood up then shortly thereafter wandered off and we left, so that Momma could come back and take care of her baby.

What a great photo opportunity!  This was the fulfillment of a dream!  I have wanted to find a fawn in the wild, and be able to photograph it, and today, it happened.

This was our first view:  Notice how well it blends in?

Now the fawn decides I am no threat, and sticks its head up.  It was at this time, it came running toward me:

Then it bedded down right in front of me:

After several moments of looking us over, and deciding that we were no threat, it stood up.

When it was ready to go, it quietly wandered off a few yards, then started calling for Momma.

We left at this point so Momma could come back. 
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

I can't even see it in the first photo.

Lynx

Bambi eat your heart out. 

Good thing you didn't pet it, your scent might have made the mother reject her baby.  Or maybe not, I'm not sure how deer in particular react to that. 

Purple Fuzzy in the first pic the deer is dead center, that little shadowy blot.  I think.  Their camo is quite good.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

In the first photo, there is a dark spot, barely visible in the middle of the picture.  Thats the fawn.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

They're cute when they're little, but I hate deers.  lol

Niki

When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

rootbeer

I know of a man that had a deer as a pet, and one day it killed him.  They get dangerous during mating season.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

SippinTea

Awww... what adorableness. Great photos, Mini!  :thumbsup2:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

This was only your greatest photo op ever until you get the opportunity to photograph me.  :P

sunlight

now now cheese.... I HAVE photographed you...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

Well, we're talking about Jerbil's photo ops here.....  But I'm sure I rank high in your list as well. :P ;)

mesipie

@rootbeer
Was that outside of waskom?
Farm rd 9??
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...