News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

You don't need a doctors degree to post in Sharing 463!

Started by mini, May 18, 2012, 02:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Leave it off the hook...I've been guilty of that at work before. :hypocrite:

Well...a/c guy is here, and while the service call is free...he found the problem. A rusted out part on the outside unit. So $300 will be added to the bill that we already owe them. Dad is not gonna be too thrilled about THAT. But we have to have air. The last few days have been unbearable. :smirk2:

I am thankful for my Dads good name and our standing credit with this awesome a/c company. They are the best in the area.

In another 30 mins or so, we should be cooling down. :D
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on May 29, 2012, 05:17:53 PM
Pretend? She IS the crazy lady! She likes Target over WM. :nono:

and yet you still love me!!  :hypocrite:

Quote from: MelodyB on May 29, 2012, 06:00:15 PM

Can't tell you how many times I don't answer my work phone lol....I would never make it in the customer service phone industry....haha  :nono:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 29, 2012, 05:46:27 PM
Weeeellll.... we all have an easier time getting up from our chairs...  I imagine you couldn't get here as fast... (Loved that picture by the way!  Hilarious, and Nathan has SO done that before.)

LOL

Pa refuses to sit in them cause hes afraid they will break.  As I got up yesterday, it did break...LOL
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on May 29, 2012, 06:00:15 PM
Ha.  It rings to my supervisor as backup.  I don't think that would work very well.

MelodyB

Well blah. That's not good. Lol

The air is fixed! Yay!

Fixing to go cook us an early dinner, since we haven't had lunch yet. :)

Lynx

Yay and rats.

Rats because I just checked my checking account balance and it was in the red, where I thought I had some money in there.  Turns out I forgot my car insurance, which is an automatic monthly withdrawal. 

Yay because I just happened to check my balance today for no good reason, and caught them before I got overdraft charges.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

no fun Isaac.

So I'm making this yummy sounding casserole but I don't know how to pronounce it.  Beef and Potato Moussaka, it's supposed to have a Greek-ish flavor.  Oh and the Chicken Apple Stew last night was a hit.  Yummy stuff and nobody knew which chunks were apple and which were potato. If it hadn't had potatoes in it, I could've served it with rolls but we don't need that much carbs.  I think I'd be totally ok with going between grilling and making crockpot meals all summer... lol

Chseeads

Went to work, came home.

I was in Target again....I acquiesced to going in there for one call this week.  They need to not rely on me for it though, I don't want it and don't have time for it.  :demand:

And the boss has weird ideas about an issue at a Dollar General store....to make the long story short, and make sense in layman's terms...

The store had a remodel of the card department recently, and part of the fixtures (shelving and such) was not able to be finished due to stuff the store lacked.  There was also 4 feet of space not available that the card company had planned for.  So that means that there's cards to fill 4 feet worth of space packed in boxes in back because there's no room to display them.  (It includes the sympathy cards, etc...)

Well, the store has the stuff to finish things up now....but there is still no room for a 4 foot section, but the store was going to give us the end cap, which would be like 3 feet of space. 

To me, that makes sense....we would just need the parts to build the shelving for that in place of the 4 footer, and then that section of cards would have to be condensed (dropping some from display) to fit the 3 feet.

Well the boss says no way, they're not giving us an end cap, we'll just have to have a revision of the department to make the cards fit (meaning the entire department, or at least a large portion of it will have to have the cards all moved and redone in it to make things refit).....

That makes no sense to me....  Leave everything that's on display alone, have the company send us a new 3 foot cabinet section to put up, and have them redraw the layout to make all that boxed up stuff fit in 3 feet.  That seems much more sensible to me....we'd have more space and more product on display and wouldn't have to redo anything that's already there.

But that's her baby, not mine.  I don't know why she acts so appalled that they want to give us the endcap. 

Not my problem, I am but the lowly peon.

Anyways....

I need to go tend fowl and such.....  *sigh*

I have to pack egg shipments tonight.  And work again tomorrow.

Melody

Chseeads

Quote from: MellowYellow on May 29, 2012, 10:25:35 PM
Doesn't end cap stuff sell better?

Potentially.  The end caps are kind of hot retail space...  :smirk2:

I don't see why she's against setting an end cap, it wouldn't be anymore of a problem than redrawing the entire department.... 

As it is right now, the Sympathy (and maybe a few other 'thinking of you' type) cards are not on display at all. 

So they (meaning the corporate account rep or whoever is in charge of that) will either have to shave down and remove card designs from all the other sections to squish them together and make room for some Sympathy in the existing space, or else if the end cap was added on, all that would have to be shaved down would be that section itself and everything else could be left as it is.

I dunno....

Heather

I had a revelation about my family issues. I essentially am a large part of the good qualities each of my parents possess. Whereas my sister has a couple good but she got a LARGE part of the bad. And I have to say seeing the road she's going down I'm very glad for my portion....

Work was INSANE today. Waiting room full most of the day and the phone ringing nonstop. Tuesday's are rough generally because there are 3 receptionist but 1 is pretty much useless and the other is the bosses stepdaughter so she does nothing because she can get away with it.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

The house is cold again!! Yay!

Went to the hospital for awhile. Then went to WM and came home. I bought a watermelon! Yay! It's in the fridge and I can cut it tomorrow. I'm also making crockpot potato soup for tomorrow. It's already prepped and ready to turn on. :) I'll take some to the hospital and give to dads nurse...we have been talking crockpot recipies all weekend and I want to show her how awesome and easy this one is! (THANKS SARBA! ;) )

I just ate some Honey Bunches of oats and I'm headed to my nice cool bed to wait on a phone call I'm supposed to be getting in a few.

:hi:

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  Work was mostly slow today.  Good pace for first day after a long weekend.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Morning, all.  :hi: I'm back at work.....one day closer to the blessed weekend. :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Merning one and all!

Stormed here pretty good last night.  I took some allergy meds and slept right through it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

It stormed here right as we were leaving to go see dad yesterday. But it wasn't raining in town at all.

The Purple Fuzzy

We are getting some rain this morning.  We needed it.

MsJennJenn

It's raining here too.

Building my preferred section for Fall semester! Excited - ready for it to start!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Only a bit of rain here last night.

Oh my goodness you guys.  I am a DORK.  We had the Hemus' from England preaching last night.  I walk into the church and say, "Good Morning!"   :pound:  What a ditz.  I need PR skills... lol I meant to cheerfully greet them and that's what came out.   

At least they know the church is compassionate to the "special." 

Hannah and I were totally amused by Bro.Hemus' accent.  In her notes, she included some of his funny phrases: "That poppi can pray!  He was the big cheese, the big Duck. Boot (trunk of the car) Bonnet (hood of the car)"  :)

Lynx

And what's wrong with a cheerful "Good morning"?  I say it at any time of the day - after 12 noon it makes people wonder about me.  :D

And yes Chel, I was doing that long before I met you.  You're not the only crazy person here. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I say good morning all the time...morning or not. :)

Lynx

Yay, another crazy person in the group!

It's fun to do things people aren't expecting.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Lynx

Shhhh!  Keep it down, we're trying to take a nap over here.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

mini