News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Forget the C5, we want a C6, in sharing 456....

Started by Roscoe, February 02, 2012, 04:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

I used to work for an auctioneer.  I wrote up the tickets for who bought what item.

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 05, 2012, 05:14:58 AM
I used to work for an auctioneer.  I wrote up the tickets for who bought what item.

I've done that too.  My sister's ex husband was an auctioneer.  My mom used to do a lot of the writing and I would run the tickets from her back to my sister that was cashiering.  Did the writing myself a few times later on.

Lynx

These days all that is of course done by two connected computers, one up front where a clerk inputs who bought what, the other at the back where a clerk totals up the customer's current bill and takes money.  The runners at this auction just hold stuff up, call out and point when someone bids and run the items to the person who bought them. It's a big place though, lots of people every Saturday night, so it takes a good three or four runners, plus Jimmy and Joey (the bosses) just on the floor.  Then there's the auctioneer, the clerk who sits up there recording purchases and the clerk in the back who checks customers out.

They even have an emergency backup powered speaker for the PA system.  I know because I tried to buy it and they wouldn't sell it.  I thought it was for sale, it was standing near where the stuff for sale was.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

I still can't tell if my guts are sore, my muscles are sore, or it's gas, or what.....  I've had so many bizarre sensations in my lower abdomen the past couple months, I don't know anymore.....  I give up.  :reaction:

Going to church in a minute.

Roscoe

Back at work. Lord I'm tired. We got in late last night and we picked up "Couragous". I'd heard so much about it I wanted to see if it was any good. I bought the book at Walmart, since they did not have the DVD, then Lou suggested checking RedBox on the way home, and they had it.

I rarely watch ANY movie, no matter how clean, because I usually sleep half way through it. Not this one....I was up until after midnight, bawling like a baby. You'd have thought it was real. Without giving the plot away to anyone watching- it hit way too close to home. There's a little girl character in it that reminded me so much of my AngelFluff.....I just wanted to grab Chey and hug her.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

A grown man, a big strong police officer that, half blinded and seriously ticked dragged a much bigger crackhead through a mostly closed door and cuffed him... using a term like AngelFluff.  And capitalizing the Fluff, no less!  My my, how things have changed.   :P

Just picking of course.  Every dad needs an AngelFluff.   :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

w2cch.

Dad seems to be making a day of staying in bed again.  Mom did bring him some food so I guess at least he's going to eat rather than just lay there and starve, maybe, hopefully.

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 05, 2012, 03:02:00 PM
A grown man, a big strong police officer that, half blinded and seriously ticked dragged a much bigger crackhead through a mostly closed door and cuffed him... using a term like AngelFluff.  And capitalizing the Fluff, no less!  My my, how things have changed.   :P

Just picking of course.  Every dad needs an AngelFluff.   :cool:
Bah.  :laughhard:
Ordered the complete set of Jeremiah Yocum Cd's from "RedemtionRoadChurch"....$78 for 32 Cd's....Hope they are as good quality as the Youtube clips. You know, that church may not have the truth, but in some ways their worship shames us.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Chseeads

And in regard to the title of this thread, I'd much rather have a C-3 and a 122 Leslie.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

I need a nap.  Always need one when it's too late to take one.  :smirk2:

Dad never did get out of bed except to go to the bathroom after he ate.  Just laid back down.  He's been in bed more than out of it the past couple months. 

This place is like a nursing home.

taco_harvell

Soon gonna head back to church. Need your prayers tonight! Elona and I both are dealing with sore throats and crud which may make for an interesting night. We need a healing touch NOW!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Went to church at Sanders, came home. 

Gotta go shut up the fowl.  There was a big duck sitting in the driveway when I pulled in.  The muscovy drake.  They can fly so they get out and do their own thing.  He just sat there while I roared up there next to him in the car, but when I opened the door he acted like I scared him to death.  :roll:

taco_harvell

Just got home from church. It was a hard service. My throat feels like I swallowed razor blades and felt like I was fighting spirits through the whole service. Preached a short two fold message from Ezekiel 3:17-19 "Sinner you've been warned! Saints are you warning others?".
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

This one is for all the cat haters here:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STb6ZSo5CPw

The lesson here is, even a dog knows the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.  Wonder how many more bags that dog has stashed?
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Roscoe... HA! I knew you'd cry on that one! (Me too. *lol* And Chris hasn't seen it yet, but I'll guarantee you he will as well. Don't tell him I said that, though.) :lol: Amazing video, huh!?! We bought the licensing so we can show it at our church. Got a big event planned for next Sunday night with it. :D Can't wait. :D

Awesome services today. So thankful to see God doing such huge things for people lately. I'm tellin' ya!... we've had this explosion lately that we've NEVER seen in Central Oregon before. It's been tremendous. And it's makin' me cry. Multiple times. Because we've had several people who used to be in church (some of them have been like family to me) that had walked away from God.... and now they're back. And with such an enormous change in their attitudes that it's been completely astounding. One guy (Vincent) who has been like a brother to me (seriously, I love him about as much as I love Trenton and David - and to those of you who know me in person, you know what that really means) had REALLY messed up. Over and over again. And it was the whole in and out of church thing. For years. And years. So. He's back. And so is his wife. But this time... they are REALLY back. I wish I could show you the before and after effect here. It's just not the same to try to tell it. The prodigals came home - and I mean that literally and completely. Every time they'd show back up at church we'd hope and pray that this time it would STICK. But every time there was this lack of commitment, and a lack of faithfulness, and... gaps. Ya know? Well, this time, no one even has to ask. They're home. For good. I wish I could show you their faces. The peace. The commitment. The determination. The whole-hearted backing of my dad as their pastor, of the rest of the church as the body of Christ, of their desire to help wherever - not just the public spotlight stuffs. I'm seeing a compassion, a gentleness, a love for God and their family that just wasn't there before. And it makes me want to dance. And they aren't the only ones that I'm seeing this happen in. Seriously, I really wish I could show you. God is overwhelming. In such lovely ways. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Was super tired.  Went to sleep a while, to make a long story short.

Just woke up from a dream where I was sitting on the ground next to this chicken coop deal and a bunch of ducks and things were gathering around me sitting there.  And I was using the phone and such.  And then these little sharp pains started poking around the left side of my face or top of my shirt area below it, and I realized it was yellow jackets trying to sting me, so I took off to get away and go in the house.  Woke up trying to get away from the stupid thing that kept after me trying to sting my face. 

I like literally sprung backwards from where I was as I woke up.  Lord.

And this computer still has a stick up it's hard drive.  If it sits for a while, sometimes, it will become unresponsive and nothing you click on will respond and open up.  Have to restart it....forcibly, to get it to come back amongst the living.

MelodyB

*HUGS* Ruby. :)

I'm still up...watching NCIS. I'm halfway thru season two, and I just learned a very useful trick involving a cigarette and a book of matches. In case I ever need to start a fire, but need a 12 minute head start before it ignites. :freaky2: Might come in handy.

*manical laugh*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

MelodyB

MelodyB

I'm awake.

Another fitful night. Bad dreams.

I heard something from a family member on Saturday about a cousin of mine, and I have been trying to contact the cousin that its about do I can get this rumor stopped if indeed its not true. (which I fully believe its not true) and all night I tossed and turned and dreamed about it. The cousin that it's about hasn't called me back, and that bothers me. Usually she is quick to call me back.

I'm worried, and it caused me to lose sleep and have bad dreams when I did get to sleep.

:smirk2:

Roscoe

I am back at work. I wasn't feeling good last night and went to bed early. Mainly just tired, but my shoulder was really bothering me. Its felt like I've thrown it out of joint for the last few months, off and on. I hate going to a doctor, but if it continues to hurt I'm gonna have too. :(

Lord. If I hurt this much at 35, 85 will be unbearable.

The Purple Fuzzy