The Wedding of Taco and RJ: The details

Started by RainbowJingles, January 10, 2012, 09:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowJingles

http://mission238.com/forum/index.php?topic=32497.300
The comments made me laugh.  So fun to read them after the fact.

Thanks to Jeremy for posting the link to the wedding for us.  The definite/final word on the broadcast was late in coming, and we hadn't put the link on GP.

The questions may have been answered later in the sharing thread, but I thought I'd fill in the blanks that I saw while skimming the comments.

Not in any particlar order, here are a few answers:

We were signing the family Bible.  This Bible was given to my mother by her grandparents when I was three years old.  When I located the Bible to take it with us to the wedding, I found my parents' marriage license inside near the family history section.  :-)  It was so cool!
Unfortunately, we forgot to put a pen at the table before the ceremony, so there was some commotion at some point during the ceremony as to where the pen was coming from.
On the table was also a bud vase in memory of my mother, in which my brother had placed a white rose at the beginning of the ceremony.

RainbowJingles

*sigh*  I had been warned multiple times that the balloons would be in the way of the actual video.  Unfortunately, there were times where they did make it difficult to see on the video, but the "balloon lady" had said for sure that it would be okay.  :-(

I was REALLY bummed that I have no video (just the audio) of the children who were singing during the recessional.  They did an AMAZING job!!

I wanted the balloons down the center aisle badly, but they had to be moved to the side aisles because of the location of the camera (which was permanently mounted in the church and a different camera than was used for the webcast).

RainbowJingles

Yes, I said "jellybeans" during the song.  No, that isn't part of the song.  lol  I changed it to be more personal for us.  Taco loves the green apple jelly belly beans.  :-)

The song just seemed right for us somehow, with or without the changes.

The song was "Love Makes a Friend be a Friend Like You" from Sandi Patti's Friendship Company album.  :-)  Yes, it was from a children's album.

RainbowJingles

Yup.  Clown hats.  Courtesy of my brother, who had done a children's service at Dad's church the night before, as we had forgotten to bring our own.  I LOVED how my nephew was playing with the bells on my brother's hat as they came back down the aisle.  :-)

RainbowJingles

No, we didn't have tacos and skittles at the reception.  :-)  We DID, however, have bar-b-q and brightly-colored sixlets.  :bigcheese:

RainbowJingles

Yes, Jeremy.  It WAS an UP theme!  :-)

The lollipops surrounding the cake were chocolate molds of balloons in various colors.  :-)

The groom's cake was red velvet.

sunlight

It was so amazing too! Can I please have that recipe? Pretty please? I need to try and make that...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

That was one of the funniest moments for me...when then light blub went off in my head and I realized it was a "Up" theme.  lol
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

Chel: The cake itself is pretty simple.  :-)

One DUNCAN HINES brand red velvet cake mix ($1.25 at WalMart; don't skimp and get any other brand for a cake)
Ignoring the ingredients list on the box, use the following:
Four large eggs
1 cup water
1/2 cup crisco oil
1 small box of INSTANT chocolate pudding (vanilla works, as well)

Mix and cook according to the directions on the box (approximately).  I usually check it a bit earlier than the box says.  A toothpick inserted in the center will come out clean when the cake is done.

My aunt made half of the icing, but the bottom layer of icing was my own concoction.
Mix one can of cream cheese icing (I think I used Duncan Hines) with one block of cream cheese.
Use the electric mixer to mix it together really well.

Ice the cake.

Keep hungry people away from it until you cut it into civilized slices that are ready to be shared.

RainbowJingles

Chel: Is there any (pretty please) chance that I can get a photoshopped version of that picture without the artwork on the wall behind the cake?

Lynx

No wonder Chel liked the cake so much.  It had cream cheese icing. 

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

RainbowJingles

The red velvet cake had cream cheese icing.  Yes.  The other cakes had BetterCreme icing (like whipping cream).  It was chocolate, yellow and strawberry.  And I hate to brag, but I think most of them tasted really yummy!!  Thanks to Chel for collecting slices for us to take with us to our cottage.

Lynx

I got news for you, that ain't the only place some slices went. 

The one with cream cheese icing didn't survive the trip though...  Fortunately I still have half of my pastor's wife's red velvet cake in slices in the freezer, so I gave her a slice. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

RainbowJingles

So did you get some cake from our wedding??  :bigcheese:

Lynx

Yes, the other two slices survived.  They didn't have cream cheese icing.

If you are having a hard time locating Chel, just set out a bowl of the stuff.   :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"

RainbowJingles

lol  I wish she had taken more with her!!

SippinTea

:bigcheese: I LOVED being able to watch your wedding online! And I didn't notice any balloons being in the way. :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

SippinTea

If someone can put a big smiley face over Chel's lovely smile, I'd love to see the GPer pic from the wedding. :)

(Or just email me the original... Muahahaha.) :bigcheese:

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

Melody

I enjoyed watching it too. Thanks for sharing you're sweet moment!

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on January 12, 2012, 06:24:36 PM
If someone can put a big smiley face over Chel's lovely smile, I'd love to see the GPer pic from the wedding. :)

(Or just email me the original... Muahahaha.) :bigcheese:

^^^yeah THAT!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:grin:

@Elona... the one you want edited is the one that you posted here?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

I would like to see it too!!! Especially considering I'm IN it :)
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

RainbowJingles

Yeah!  I'd like to see it, too!!!  The only pictures I've seen of the wedding so far are the ones that Chel posted!!!

Chel:  Yes!  Thanks so much for the edit!  It's LOVELY!  :-)

RainbowJingles

Ruby:  They weren't in the way.  We moved them from the center aisle before the wedding started.  But that's where I had wanted them to be: the center aisle.  *Shrug*  We still got married.  :-)

MY: So glad you got to be with us, virtually speaking.  :-)