News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Psalm_97 has music, so he's feeling fine. Listen to a tune in Sharing 449!

Started by Lynx, October 31, 2011, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Today started out musically with piano lesson.  Today ended very hectic at work.  Glad it's over.

In other news, the topic of this thread is still holding true.  :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Laid in the floor and went to sleep a while.  Got up and tended fowl.  Going to sleep again in a bit.  :smirk2:

Earthquakes are a really weird feeling.  I've only felt one (and one small aftershock), the one we had a few years ago.  Really bizarre sensation, cause you're just stuck in it....  Wind and rain, other weather elements, you can go inside and take shelter from (barring a tornado or something that's ripping your roof off, of course), but no matter where you go, the earth quake is there, unless you take flight...lol 

Melody

I think I just experienced my first one! It woke us up out of a dead sleep & seemed to last awhile. Not thunder tho it's been pouring all evening. Too strong for it to be a distant train.

I don't have Tv so I don't know how to find out. & is this an aftershock of oklahoma or our own? And then are our Okie's OK?

I'm awake now. Lol

mini

All the okies are ok.  And really excited about having some "new" force of nature to talk about on facebook and at the local coffee shops.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Glad all the okies are alright! Thought of you all when I started reading about quakes. I have a friend from HS who is out there at the Air Force base. She's ready to pack up and come back east. Lol

I've started kinda looking on the Internet for different local churches. Alot of the problem is there are ALOT of apostolic/pentecostal holiness churches in my area within an hours drive. And 85 percent of them are full of old fogeys who'd have a heart attack if someone like me walked through the door. The other 10 percent are waaayyyy too worried about there appearance for me. I like the pastor and quite a few of the people at Gate City but you drive an hour to church to just turn around and leave because you haven't grown up there and out of 120 people you're not dressed cool enough to hang with any of them.

I just love my church but it's so super hard with my ex-husband and his latest fiancé there. I was really hopin they'd go to HER church but alas she came to Restoration. Sigh....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

At work. And the storms that have been in oklahoma are supposed to be here just in time for my commute home. Joy joy. Its not enough that I have to deal with 60 miles of bad drivers, now I have to deal with storms too. :smirk2: oh well. I just home mini's earthquakes stay with him.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

The OK earthquakes were felt in TX.  Chel and Dina both felt one of them.

Melody

Um.  I haven't heard anyone else say anything so maybe it wasn't an earthquake?  Not sure what it was then tho. We live on a city road so the traffic goes by at 35 mph. It lasted like what felt like a min but probably was 30sec.  Too long for traffic.  I feel dumb now.  Woke us both up though! 

Lynx

Getting off to a slow start today.  Woke up feeling blah.  Probably ate too many macaroons and whoppers too close to bed... but these things are addictive!

At any rate, howdy y'all!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 08, 2011, 04:19:14 PM
Getting off to a slow start today.  Woke up feeling blah.  Probably ate too many macaroons and whoppers too close to bed... but these things are addictive!

At any rate, howdy y'all!
whoppers as in the malted chocolate candy? Man I love those things! Try the milkshake hat they print the reciepe on the side of the carton. Its awesome!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Yeah, those whoppers.  But I am not even up for a milkshake right now.  Bleh. 

I hate feeling bleh.  I'm accustomed to feeling better than bleh.  But I was a bit hard on my system yesterday... chili cheese onion rings, cheeseburger, walnut sundae, chips... My body is accustomed to better food than that.  I just felt like being unhealthy yesterday, so I'm feeling bleh today.   :smirk2:
"Do you sing at church?"

IowaSkirtGirl

Quote from: HeatherB on November 08, 2011, 12:48:45 PM

I've started kinda looking on the Internet for different local churches. Alot of the problem is there are ALOT of apostolic/pentecostal holiness churches in my area within an hours drive. And 85 percent of them are full of old fogeys who'd have a heart attack if someone like me walked through the door. The other 10 percent are waaayyyy too worried about there appearance for me. I like the pastor and quite a few of the people at Gate City but you drive an hour to church to just turn around and leave because you haven't grown up there and out of 120 people you're not dressed cool enough to hang with any of them.

I wish you were closer! My church is really accepting of ALL kinds of people. I remember my first time there..and having at least 10 people welcome me! *sigh* I really wish churches held more to the way Jesus felt about people. Accept everyone....I try really hard not to base my opinion of anyone on their hair or clothes or  any other physical appearance, I mean what if I didn't talk to someone because they weren't dressed a certain way, I could miss out on a new great friend. Yet another reason I love my church, I'm accepted even though I'm not thin with extremely long hair that always lays perfect and wonderful clothes. I'm me, I try my best to be me, a better me than I used to be....they all know my faults...and still love me....

*HUGGGS!* for everyone!
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

IowaSkirtGirl

Oh and I've been looking around the web. Roscoe I really love expanding your sig line. I have a few more for you to consider :) and

I'm also on the look out for a couple more for a few others :)

Someone might like these ;)  and

Maybe one or two for Sethers. or

I'll add more later...after I get my cat down from the top of the curtains...

Lynx

Okay either it was something I ate (yeah, as if that narrows it down  :roll: ) or I have a stomach bug.  I am not feeling well.  Had to call in to work, which is a pity because I really need that money for the Youth Retreat trip.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Hello all.

Had to come to church to print some SS stuff. Leaving now. Going to the store and then home to cook dinner for the parents...lord knows they might starve. :roll:

Goodbye all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

I am IN THE LINE at Walmart and I just placed a CRUNCHY REESE'S with my stuff.

Justsoyouknow.

:hypocrite: hehe.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Quote from: MelodyB on November 08, 2011, 09:53:08 PM
I am IN THE LINE at Walmart and I just placed a CRUNCHY REESE'S with my stuff.

Justsoyouknow.

:hypocrite: hehe.

Dirty rat.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Heather, I've been thinking on your situation...

I think it would be profitable to
1.  Pray and fast about what church God wants you at.
2.  Check out the old fogey churches, just in case they are growing and have new people and may be ready for or in revival.
3.  Talk to and Elder or someone that you can get some deep Godly council from that knows you or can at least look you in the eye and use discernment.

God has a will in this sis, it's just a matter of recognizing it.

Ok, I'm outta here.  Have church tonight.  I still feel really dumb for thinking I felt an earthquake.  And I really want to know what it was.  Nothing in the news.  I may be losing my mind... bwuahahahahaha!

Here's looking at you kid.. LOL

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

IowaSkirtGirl

What happened to that girl I was right after I was baptized? I was so immersed in everything Holy....now...I make the same mistakes over and over...and I feel like I'm looking for something...but it's hopeless really.

I'm just a little down tonight...I think it's the fever...at least I have tomorrow off work thanks to one of the guys picking up the AM shift for me.

Lynx

IowaSkirtGirl are you fasting regularly?  I had a bout of temptation from something I used to do.  Prayed about it, agonized over it, but the temptation kept coming stronger and stronger.  Then a light bulb went off in my head and I tried fasting... Everything cleared right up, no problem here anymore.

In other news:  I got a good night's sleep, either slept or just lay down almost all day... so now how am I going to get any sleep tonight?  I don't want to take sleeping pills, they make me feel funny.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 08, 2011, 10:34:37 PM
Heather, I've been thinking on your situation...

I think it would be profitable to
1.  Pray and fast about what church God wants you at.
2.  Check out the old fogey churches, just in case they are growing and have new people and may be ready for or in revival.
3.  Talk to and Elder or someone that you can get some deep Godly council from that knows you or can at least look you in the eye and use discernment.

God has a will in this sis, it's just a matter of recognizing it.

I can't give any advice better than that.   :great:
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Melsipoop wanted this posted....I don't even remember if this is where it was being discussed or not. lol

Well...carpet laid...stone spread....furnace worked on......pump in the cistern started to be worked on....  Didn't paint a lick, was too busy with various other pursuits and such.