News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Psalm_97 has music, so he's feeling fine. Listen to a tune in Sharing 449!

Started by Lynx, October 31, 2011, 02:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

We pray in the fellowship hall 30 minutes before service. If you're on the platform you BETTER be in there. In a couple of our old buildings there were separate rooms for men, women, and youth.

I'm awake an hour earlier than planned just because I went to bed so blasted early. I promised friends I'd go to church with them this am in Johnson City but I'll probably go to my home church tonight. Idk. I'll probably talk myself out of it.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

IowaSkirtGirl

My life is full of too many turns right now...

Do we have a church picture thread? I'd love to see everyone's churches. I think it would be neat!

I lost the baby.

Yes I'm alright. I'm keeping life as normal as possible right now. I had just kinda gotten used to the idea...but it's for the best.

Oh and it's John Freida Anti-breakage. it's normally 6 bucks or so a bottle and I got it for 4. and it was the 35% more bottles.
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

taco_harvell

Heading to church soon.

Preaching today and feeling 2 different messages very strongly. Pray God gives me clear direction on where to go, or leads me to something else if neither of these are HIS plan for today.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: IowaSkirtGirl on November 06, 2011, 02:33:21 PM
My life is full of too many turns right now...

Do we have a church picture thread? I'd love to see everyone's churches. I think it would be neat!

I lost the baby.

Yes I'm alright. I'm keeping life as normal as possible right now. I had just kinda gotten used to the idea...but it's for the best.

Oh and it's John Freida Anti-breakage. it's normally 6 bucks or so a bottle and I got it for 4. and it was the 35% more bottles.
ISG, I'm glad you are okay, and trust God for His will... still praying for you. :waving: And a church pic thread would be cool, I'll seee if I have any of my church.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Went to church, came home, eating lunch...gonna go back and paint, story of my life.....Good lord have mercy.....

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Went to church with my friends like I promised I would. My friend Melissa text me and asked why I wasn't at my home church. Told her my gas light was on in my car so I probably wouldn't make it tonight. So now she's coming to pick me up for service tonight. Way to make myself accountable I guess. Lol. Considering taking a nap even though I shouldn't be this tired....

Heather

Well nevermind going to church. There is a very high chance my ex-husband could be preaching tonight and I just can't deal with that yet....

Chseeads

I have painted for days on end.....and I am yet not done.....

* Chseeads dies.

Just embalm me with paint thinner.

Chseeads

Dear lord, the stupid pro wrestler's girlfriend duck girl is begging me go give her one of my conures....she was asking me for info on breeders....I don't know any directly, but I know of ones that go to the bird fairs, I keep telling here there are a lot there...she just ignores that...then she begs for mine....and says she doesn't have that kind of money to spend on one.....and said can she just have one and teach it to talk and give it back.  :roll:

I should let her take Snoopy and left him/her bite the fire out of her.  lol

Lynx

Weeeee!

Found a black gospel album that was really good in these old records.  :hyper:

There's a shortage on corn and there's a shortage on wheat
There's a shortage on bread and there's a shortage on meat
But I know one thing that there's no shortage of
There's no shortage on God's mercy, there's no shortage on God's love!

There's just something about it when people sing about God, and they sound like they actually know what they're singing about. :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

iridiscente

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 04, 2011, 02:30:56 PM
Hording nothing.  I have a whole candy dish full of other lesser chocolate confections.  I just horde the peanut butter cups.  And speaking of those, they need a crunchy peanut butter cup.
Yes! They do need one of those!

Lynx

For the record, Linux rocks.

I found a great CD, used, cheap.  Listened to it on a normal CD player, liked it a lot.  Put it in my music computer to rip it because an mp3 player can't play physical CDs... no luck.  This CD came from the bad old days when the music industry was so upset about people file-sharing that they thought it would be a good idea to make it harder for legitimate customers to copy their music to computer.  All I could get was a menu of photos, movies (on a music cd?) and a program to install.

Put the CD in my Linux computer, it ripped with no problem.  :D

Mind you, Windows is still my go-to for a music computer.  But a good workman sometimes needs more than just one kind of hammer.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Newsman

mini

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 05, 2011, 05:29:49 AM
I second the "ew!" about White Castle.  How is Whataburger better?  I thought it was just another fast food factory.  I don't have much experience with them though as they are not in this area, so I could be wrong.

I saw this last night, and didn't see a response to it.

From their website:

"Today, each and every Whataburger is made to order, right when it's ordered. And they're still made with 100% pure American beef and served on a big toasted five-inch bun with all 'the extras' to suit your taste. Grilled jalapenos, extra bacon, three slices of cheese, no tomatoes, extra pickles? No problem, your Whataburger will be made just like you like it 24 hours a day 7 days a week."

So yeah, everything is made fresh when you order.  And it tastes like a good burger should.  And if you like jalapenos, ask them to grill them, along with your onions.  Its the best.  And the fact that they are open 24 hrs a day, if you get a burger craving at 3 am, you can satisfy that craving... (if you have one close enough that is...)
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: minnesota68 on November 07, 2011, 12:42:46 PM
I second the "ew!" about White Castle.  How is Whataburger better?  I thought it was just another fast food factory.  I don't have much experience with them though as they are not in this area, so I could be wrong.

From their website:

"Today, each and every Whataburger is made to order, right when it's ordered. And they're still made with 100% pure American beef and served on a big toasted five-inch bun with all 'the extras' to suit your taste. Grilled jalapenos, extra bacon, three slices of cheese, no tomatoes, extra pickles? No problem, your Whataburger will be made just like you like it 24 hours a day 7 days a week."

So yeah, everything is made fresh when you order.  And it tastes like a good burger should.  And if you like jalapenos, ask them to grill them, along with your onions.  Its the best.  And the fact that they are open 24 hrs a day, if you get a burger craving at 3 am, you can satisfy that craving... (if you have one close enough that is...)
Mini, next time you stumble down this way, I'll have to take you to Dave's burgers in Conway. It's a little locaal chain- I think they have two resturaunts in this area- and burgers are all they do. Hand made patties, grilled to your taste in front of you. They'll put ole Whattaburger on the truck, I promise.

And I have court today, so I basically get a day off. I was subpeoned by my former department to testify on a Theft of Motor Fuel arrest I made five years ago. Five years ago!! A guy drove off without paying for his gas and I caught him. Yeah, I remember that. Not. I couldn't remember what the guy looks like if he walked up and punched me. Oh well, I'll go to court explain to the prosecuter that I don't have a clue, yak at former coworkers for a bit, and come home and relax. Not a bad deal..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Sure enough Matt preached last night. Glad I decided not to go. Yes I can finally attend church and be cordial to both him and his latest fiancé but I just cannot sit under him teaching me considering what he did to me.....

Should get out of bed. I think I hear the electric company back outside. They are replacing 2 leaning poles on my street on either side of my house. They'll kill my lights soon but I don't have to be to work for another hour. Sigh...

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on November 07, 2011, 01:05:32 PM
Sure enough Matt preached last night. Glad I decided not to go. Yes I can finally attend church and be cordial to both him and his latest fiancé but I just cannot sit under him teaching me considering what he did to me.....

Should get out of bed. I think I hear the electric company back outside. They are replacing 2 leaning poles on my street on either side of my house. They'll kill my lights soon but I don't have to be to work for another hour. Sigh...
I can see where that would be an icky situation. Is there not another Apostolic church in the area that you could attend where you wouldn't be put in situations like that?

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on November 07, 2011, 12:51:10 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on November 07, 2011, 12:42:46 PM

From their website:

Mini, next time you stumble down this way, I'll have to take you to Dave's burgers in Conway. It's a little locaal chain- I think they have two resturaunts in this area- and burgers are all they do. Hand made patties, grilled to your taste in front of you. They'll put ole Whattaburger on the truck, I promise.

And I have court today, so I basically get a day off. I was subpeoned by my former department to testify on a Theft of Motor Fuel arrest I made five years ago. Five years ago!! A guy drove off without paying for his gas and I caught him. Yeah, I remember that. Not. I couldn't remember what the guy looks like if he walked up and punched me. Oh well, I'll go to court explain to the prosecuter that I don't have a clue, yak at former coworkers for a bit, and come home and relax. Not a bad deal..

Deal! Hamburgers ranks right beside fried chicken and meatloaf as my favorite meals.

On other news, I my mother in law got me a 2 quart crockpot for work!  And seeing its a nice, rainy, dreary day, I have it full of chili.  By lunch, this place should smell great!

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Aw, that can keep Old Fries company....you can sit out a bowl of Old Chili.......  :ugly:

Stuff.

Lynx

Thanks Minnesota, I'll have to try that if I'm ever passing by one.  I'm always skeptical of the "100% ground beef" claim... that's what a certain fast food factory claims as well and I used to work there and know what it looks like before and after cooking... But at thy word I'll give it a shot.

In other news I'm starting to enjoy teaching Sunday night Children's Church.  We have some pretty sharp kids. 

In other other news Jennies (R) macaroons are pretty good if you ever happen to see them in a store somewhere.  I'm sitting here eating far too many.
"Do you sing at church?"

IowaSkirtGirl

Whataburger...is super YUM!

White Castle...is also super YUM! MMM Sliders!

Roomie and I eat at Red Robin almost every Sunday after church...Red Robin...YUMMMMM!
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Chseeads

I don't care for White Castle.

But I really don't eat any of that kind of stuff anymore anyways.

The Purple Fuzzy

Maybe you need a Taco Bueno, Sethie, they have black bean burritos.