News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

How Many Chickens Are In Your Crate? Count 'Em In Sharing 448.

Started by Chseeads, October 13, 2011, 01:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

GRRRRR! 

The laptop I ensconced in the church sound booth is going out... hard drive again, getting worse as time passes.  So (sigh) I sacrificed one of my external hard drives, cloned a Linux Mint from the computer I'm using right now and the external hard drive will also be a permanent fixture in the sound booth.  As the laptop is old anyway, I'm thinking about supergluing the USB cable in.  Maybe not.  But this setup will work for the foreseeable future.

No, this does not mean I'm smart because I can do this.  It just means I have tools that really smart people made, like a Linux distro that you can install on an external hard drive and boot through USB.  :D  I'm standing on the shoulders of giants to hold up the sound booth. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 14, 2011, 06:43:32 PM
  ....As the laptop is old anyway, I'm thinking about supergluing the USB cable in.  Maybe not.  But this setup will work for the foreseeable future.

I recommend Duct tape. And if'n that don't work- JBWeld.  :hypocrite:

There's nothing on this earth that can't be bond together with one or both of those products. I've saw engine blocks that were cracked repaired with JBWeld. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I have heard of that use for that product but never had a cracked engine block and no experience with that product.  It seems a bit overkill for the current situation though.  As to duct tape, the position of a USB cable in a USB port precludes efficient application.  You'd have to wrap it around the whole keyboard to get any hold.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 14, 2011, 07:29:47 PM
I have heard of that use for that product but never had a cracked engine block and no experience with that product.  It seems a bit overkill for the current situation though.  As to duct tape, the position of a USB cable in a USB port precludes efficient application.  You'd have to wrap it around the whole keyboard to get any hold.
Yeah, well, my daddy never let a little thing like that stop him.... I've posted before about coming back from the corner store to find 9 month old Cheyenne wearing a diaper made of red neck kerchiefs and duct tape. He didn't want to risk sticking her with a diaper pin.... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

I always get the flu shot, not for myself though. My mothers immune system is basically nonexistent thanks to a Brown Recluse spider bite that nearly killed her when I was about 12. Since then the doctors recommend all   family member get the flu and pneumonia shots. One went as far as to say "if they don't then ban them from your house".  She gets sick very easily.

I usually end up getting the flu though anyway. lol

How long till Seth is done?

Praying you are feeling better Ruby, and you too John and Roscoe.

I got homework that has to be done and turned in tonight, so I better get on it.

Later folks!!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Well excuse me for breaking the GP status quo and getting a flu shot unlike almost all the rest of you blasted tree-hugging hippy wannabes.  :-?

:P

Sweet Marie....got the church washed....but have to bleach the front and east wall because you can't wash them without brown dirty water running out and leaving horrible looking stains like tobacco juice....  Road dust from years ago...mud dauber nests....I dunno what exactly does it all...I think road dust must have to do with it, cause it's on the front and the side of the sanctuary part of the building, and the road was still gravel back when that siding was put on.....and the back side is not bad that way, so....

Filled the baptistry back up too....now we can flush the toilets.  lol

Lord, we're a mess.  :ugly:

Roscoe

For what it matters, I'm with the majority. I don't get flu shots either. :P

And when Lou came in from work, I left her watching Chey and headed for the shop. Two or three hours of  just me and my toys, with the Hinsons, the Payne family, and The glenn Kaiser Band playing on the shop Cd player gave me a little peace. And, with minimumal wishes for the deaths of the designers of my truck, I managed to install the starter that I bought in February of 2010, when Rusty's starter first started acting up. Now he fires off every time, with no dead "clicking" before firing off.  :thumbsup2:

And I got the 'vette running again too. I'm becoming quite the mechanic. :hypocrite: and I sincerely hope God never makes me do that for a living. If the book says it takes two hours, that's what you get paid. I'd starve to death... I think the two hour job I just completed was supposed to take an hour. :laughhard:

Melody

Sethers, those are the precious stories that make ya. Our old IA church was built on an area that flooded in any decent rain. All the way to the platform.  It would mess up the plumbing that ran on a well. During some major flood they actually took ppl from the parking lot to the doors in a boat. 

Lynx

Yeah but think of the sermons you could preach about Noah!  :D

In other news:  Went to work... still at work.  Furnace line 1 is having major problems and is out of commission for the rest of the night.  2nd shift boss has said repeatedly that I could bring my computer to work as long as he doesn't see it, so I'm currently typing on a laptop that is resting in a tilted tray.  Tilted away from where most people can see it. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

I'm sure you could bring handguns, drug paraphenalia, and anything else you wanted to, as long as no one saw it. 

Lynx

Actually he walked right by multiple times - he was setting up a rework job right next to the furnace line.  Never said anything.  He was the one who kept saying I should bring it... probably so I would quit asking him for something else to do on nights when the furnace line was slow.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

MelodyB

Chseeads

Try to keep up, dear....  The pump is not working right, and the well has been low.

MelodyB

Sorry...dear, I've been skimming posts again cause with my limited web access, I can't keep up with everyone.

So there!

:thumbsup2:

MelodyB

Well. I'm awake.

After two hours of somewhat of a nap!

Lord. I'm too old for this mess.

Chseeads

Well, dear, if you don't have time to keep up with everyone, then you should ignore the rest, and keep up with ME. 

Roscoe

Oh Lawd. Y'all are nuts. Not that that's news. I'm up and about for the day. :waving:

Lynx

Went to sleep, woke up.  I think before breakfast I'll go out and pet the cat for a while. 

Speaking of which, my little kitten is growing up.  Not fully adult yet, she still has the rangy look of an adolescent cat, but she has almost reached her full height.  She has also developed the internal elevator most cats seem to have, that allows them to effortlessly rise to heights many times their own height, and she has been making good use of this new ability.  I walked outside yesterday and she meowed at me from somewhere above my head.  I looked up and asked if she got lost. 

It comes in handy with food though.  I can now put her cat food where she can reach it, but the dog can't.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Chseeads

Nearly killed myself trying to load a round bale of hay on a stupid cart.....  Lord....if our John Deere tractor was up to running we could move thousand pound bales of hay like normal people instead of wrestling them by hand.....  Bout broke my neck and/or back....thank God the tongue of the cart didn't fall on my face of I'd have been in a much worse world of hurt.  It would've made an interesting video though, I'm sure.

MelodyB

Lynx

Why do soundtrack CDs break each song up into bits?  Every time we get a christmas program with a soundtrack, the soundtrack CD has each song as at least three tracks.  The current project on hand has 12 songs, with 63 tracks.  Grrrr...

Good thing I have CDEX.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel