News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The boar don't jive in Sharing 445

Started by Lynx, August 21, 2011, 06:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Well someone had to start it.  I kept waiting all through page 18, we're more than halfway through page 19 and nobody has jumped the gun yet.  So I did.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

QuoteHurricanes, earthquakes... how did you ever stand it when she told you where she was planning to go?
I didn't like that she was going to Haiti.  I didn't feel good about it at all.  I actually asked her not to buy her ticket yet and really pray about it.  I don't usually feel that way.  This was different than the usual motherly apprehension.  She did as I asked but still felt like she should go, so the only thing to do is trust that God has his reasons and if something comes up, he'll take care of her even better than I could if she were right beside me.  Lots of things seem to come down to trust, don't they?

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 22, 2011, 08:07:27 PM
so the only thing to do is trust that God has his reasons and if something comes up, he'll take care of her even better than I could if she were right beside me.

God can be even more ferocious than you are. 

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on August 22, 2011, 09:28:44 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 22, 2011, 08:07:27 PM
so the only thing to do is trust that God has his reasons and if something comes up, he'll take care of her even better than I could if she were right beside me.
God can be even more ferocious than you are.
But I wonder if He is as "handy" with a hickory hammer as Sis Dubois is....... :pound:   :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

IowaSkirtGirl

I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

IowaSkirtGirl

MEL! I miss you and the rest of GP. I feel like all I've done is work and sleep....and it seems like it's going to get worse..not better....my boss told me I need to make more friends...I guess I talk to the cows a lot... :sadbounce:

IowaSkirtGirl

Chseeads

Well, when you're up close and personal with so many cows...makes sense that you would.

MelodyB

I know! I feel like I havent talked to you in forever!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

IowaSkirtGirl

Jenn...that doesn't sound like a good done....What's the matter?

@ Seth....Cows are a lot like dogs....only more pigheaded like some people I know....

taco_harvell

I have a headache on top of a sinus headache, apparently I somehow caught whatever biological weapon Seth is spreading cause my stomach feels like it is trying to claw it's way out of my abdomen, and I still have a ton of junk to do tonight and nothing is cooperating.

:pullhair: :banghead: :surrender:

Could really use some prayers tonight!! 
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Chseeads

Chseeads

Quote from: taco_harvell on August 22, 2011, 11:34:24 PM
I have a headache on top of a sinus headache, apparently I somehow caught whatever biological weapon Seth is spreading cause my stomach feels like it is trying to claw it's way out of my abdomen, and I still have a ton of junk to do tonight and nothing is cooperating.

:pullhair: :banghead: :surrender:

Could really use some prayers tonight!! 

The other night I was waiting for either a baby or an alien to come out...from somewhere....

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

taco_harvell

IowaSkirtGirl

Well. I should go to bed. I have cows you depend on me in the morning. I might be doing a double tomorrow...Say a quick prayer that the new guy works out and I don't have to :-)

Night Night ya'll!

Roscoe

Pray for me. I am considering beating my wife severly. :teeth: She left me with the princess while she went to a school meeting. The important part is, she promised to be quick and bring me back dinner. Now I'm starving and she's not home yet. And more importantly for me, NEITHER IS MY FOOD!!!  :pound: :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Just checking in. Just found out today that APB got the time approved to take off to go on vacation with me in 3 weeks. I'm pumped!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Looooooooorrrrrrrddddddd........help meeeeeeee.

kmymbir

I just showed up and surprised MEL in Florida
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

taco_harvell

Amelia Bedelia

another project has gotten the better of me.  I had this unique fabric that my uncle gave my mom, from cambodia or somewhere, thats been sitting in the sewing bin awaiting inspiration so today I figured I'd make a 2-layer wrap-around skirt..... I've been working on it all afternoon/evening... I still have the waistband and buttons and I'm too exhausted at this point to finish it  :sadbounce:

also, whoever named the activity sewing was very misleading, most of it is measuring, pinning, ironing and cutting... sewing is a small fraction of what it takes to make material into clothing or whatever.

I also can't fit my radiator cover back on and when I tried to shove it in there it scraped off some of my new paint job.  :smirk2: