News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

who told the lord no and got away with it

Started by joeloflin, July 18, 2011, 12:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeloflin

Who in the new testament told the lord that he was not gonna do what he said ?

Melody

Why don't you just tell us & make your point?

joeloflin

It was peter on the roof top the lord told him to eat unclean animals and he said not so lord

Niki

True. And then God said not to call common or unclean what He has cleansed. :)
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

So I am guessing I'm having a blonde moment (which doesn't occur often... lol)... but was there a point that you were going to make regarding this? :)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Lynx

Peter didn't get away with it.  It just took him a bit to comprehend what God was trying to tell him.   :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Already I disagree with the whole premise of the original post.

God's not a tyrant. You don't get away with anything. Either He is being patient or it falls under His love & grace.  This was the way Jesus & Peter often conversed.  I don't read this at all as Peter being defiant but discusing it with God.

Scott

Actually a lot of people told God NO and seemed to get away with it..until they day they meet their maker.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

The only one I can think of wasn't even in the NT.  Moses told God no, don't destroy Israel and make a new nation from Moses' line. 

I've always wondered if God told Moses to move so God could destroy the people, just to see where Moses' heart was.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

joeloflin

Yea peter was a Jew and paul was a gentile . Point was he was talking about people using animals as example

joeloflin

I was not talkin about defy in god I just showin people that the Jews thought of getiles as dogs or unclean people . It was just a bible question worded wrong sorry peps

Chseeads

Quote from: joeloflin on August 27, 2011, 02:40:24 PM
Yea peter was a Jew and paul was a gentile . Point was he was talking about people using animals as example

Wooooooooooooooooah, hoss.

Paul was a Hebrew of the Hebrews.  He was no Gentile. lol

Lynx

And a Pharisee of the Pharisees.  Unless we're talking about a different Paul here.

Maybe you're thinking about Cornelius? 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Paul being an apostle to the Gentiles is what first came to my mind.....

lol

Scott

Telly you what; before posting biblical discussions...add some bible to support what you are saying and people just might not make fun of you.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle