What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Pick on Chel thread #2

Started by Lynx, July 12, 2011, 05:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Okay... you know how people's faces get set in a certain way, depending on their general attitude?  Cranky people have a cranky face, people who worry all the time have a pinched, worry-wart face, jolly people have a face with grin lines, etc.

I've met a good few Amish people, and they usually have a kind face, fairly open and honest, down-to-earth, peaceful, with something about the eyes that suggests competence.  Probably something about their chosen lifestyle that causes it.  Though you certainly don't have an Amish lifestyle, your face reminds me a lot of them. 

Which reminds me... I need to pick up some farm eggs tomorrow.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

Hmm, I will have to think about that.

Lynx

Just consider what this thread topic is...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

If we park this forum as someone suggested, how will we be able to pick on Chel?   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

You could if you didn't have such an aversion to Facebook.  lol

Lynx

I would not join the Dark Side, even for so worthy a cause as picking on Chel. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 15, 2013, 04:26:40 PM
I would not join the Dark Side, even for so worthy a cause as picking on Chel.
Tis a mute point. The board ain't going nowhere... :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

If a person who could not speak had a point that was irrelevant, would it be a moot mute point or a mute moot point? 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Wait... this is the pick on Chel thread, not the pick on Roscoe thread.  Sorry. 
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:grin: there is always yahoo...

Lynx

When you're there... :P  Sometimes you go for MONTHS without showing up on Yahoo. 
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

That don't mean I am not there... Depending on which yahoo you are talking about... I am always on that one...

Lynx

The unknown winner backward backward one.  In theory you should always be on it, but it disconnects and you don't notice for months.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

I think you should restate that last statement more accurately... Mister... Lol.

Lynx

But the way I stated it works so much better for this thread.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight
I post in the calm before the storm? :halo:
Now that I think about it, it's more like you're getting antsy. We know that you are so busy that even your poor mother and father don't get to see your much, which is why you seldom have time to post on the forum. When you make time to post on the forum a lot anyway, it could be taken as a sign that you are missing your friends more than usual... in which case a trip is probably just around the corner.

"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:grin: you may be dead on right about that...

Lynx

Thought so.  So when should I tell the family to expect you?

By the way you're not supposed to agree with it... You're supposed to deny everything. This is the pick on Chel thread. How can I pick on you if you agree with me? :P
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

In Japan the young people have a general rule that if you do not respond to a text message or an email or something within half an hour, the next day you are targeted for teasing and being picked on.

What brings this up? Well it just came to mind because Chel still hasn't answered her PM. Fortunately we're not teenagers in Japan. Unfortunately there is this pick on Chel thread which needs some activity.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Guess what I figured out!  I learned if you make a post with nothing important, let it sit for a few days, then edit the post, you can post what you want and nobody will notice because it doesn't show up in the "Show unread posts since last visit" list. 

:freaky2: Watch this space for future developments :freaky2:
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

It has been far too long since anyone picked on Chel. 

It seems suspicious to me that Chel - who has, on this very forum, professed to hate surprises - should love to surprise others so much.  If she were a saint in the Catholic Church she would be Our Lady of Short Notice.  You never know she's coming until, at most, the day before she plans to arrive.  Also I remember one time she was expected here Sunday night, but drove all night (catching short road-side naps along the way) to get here about noon.  She looked insufferably smug when she got here, and very tired, but I think it was worth it to her because we were so surprised.

Also, for the record, she is a great collaborator when someone else is setting up a surprise...
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Lynx

And... we wouldn't have it any other way, frankly.  I'm not objecting to you surprising people, that's a good thing.  But it does seem a bit odd that you would claim you hate surprises.  :P
"Do you sing at church?"