News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Pick on Chel thread #2

Started by Lynx, July 12, 2011, 05:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

By the way, I found Chel's memory is excellent.  She remembered an incident from her first visit here, involving a stick of butter, and a separate incident involving a dirty spoon.  But she did not remember... why she came by here on that first visit.  (For the record, it was to pick up a desktop computer I no longer needed, to take to a church where she was eventually going.  Unfortunately, although Audacity recorded many records to CD while it was with me, when it got there it seemed to have trouble recording sermon audio in real time.  I hear she had a fellow nerd up there add some RAM to it.) 

Thus I propose a new thread, a Chel Quiz thread.  Next time Chel visits anyone, the person waits two weeks or so, then posts questions to see how much Chel remembered.  Questions like "what was the exact phrase we used to describe dinner" are unfair unless it was something memorable.  Questions like "what color is my dog" or "what did we eat for supper your first night here" are fair game. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

And for the record, you may now call Chel "Batty."  She has excellent hearing.  She mentioned the high-pitched noise a household appliance makes, a noise I have heard all my life but which nobody else seems to hear.  Whenever I mentioned this noise to anyone else, the person I was talking to would look at me as though I was crazy.  (Okay so I AM crazy, but the stupid thing still makes that noise!)  And lest you think Chel was just agreeing with me about the noise, 1-Chel doesn't lie, and 2-She mentioned it first.  Take that, everyone else who can't hear it.  I'm NOT crazy!  Or at least not about that noise.

Chel, by the good hearing vested in me I hereby dub thee Batty.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

I did warn you I was going to go for filling up the whole thread, or maybe two of 'em.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Oh hey Chel! 

Have you got to try your new Chipotle yet?

I have a kink in my back.  You should probably come back up here and and crack it with a hug.   

sunlight

Chseeads

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

RainbowJingles

This is the Pick on Chel thread, not Hit on Seth thread.
Get your own thread!

Lynx

I racked up enough posts picking on Chel to do for a while.  :hypocrite: Some diversion is acceptable, as long as we don't stray too far, too long from the main objective of picking on Chel. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

So Chel has (allegedly) been home for a while now, yet she doesn't post any more often than when she was on the road. 

Possibilities:
1.  She is avoiding us.
2.  She is as popular locally as she is on the forum and is just too busy. 
3.  She is too busy working and holding fund raisers to get money for the next trip.
4.  She was so exhausted from the last trip that she is STILL recovering. 

Feel free to suggest more possible reasons for her lack of forum posts.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

5. Her arms fell off from all the Chel hugs.

sunlight

:grin:

I am washing 5 loads of clothes today.

Somedays I wish I could just hang out and cook food and be creative and all that jazz. There are so many ideas! I need a house of my own.

Lynx

How would your own house help with time constraints?

And if you're waiting for the washing machine to get through, why are you not posting more?  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

What are you doing up this late?  Go to bed! :P

Well it's worth a shot, using that to pick on her.  It worked once totally by accident - we were talking on yahoo and I said that in jest, and she thought I was serious.  And if you took the trouble to copy/paste this or hit Quote to read it, you just learned something for which you will never have any use.  Oh well, maybe you'll forget about it so something more important can take up brain space.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Heather

Quote from: sunlight on October 18, 2012, 07:08:53 PM

Somedays I wish I could just hang out and cook food and be creative and all that jazz. There are so many ideas! I need a house of my own.

if you have a house of your own can i come live with you? you won't even need to give me a room. maybe just a storage building out back... :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

And maybe she'd let you borrow her crazy straws.   :thumbsup2:
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

Quote from: HeatherB on November 16, 2012, 08:19:41 PM
Quote from: sunlight on October 18, 2012, 07:08:53 PM

if you have a house of your own can i come live with you? you won't even need to give me a room. maybe just a storage building out back... :cool:

Yes! Totally!

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I finally figured it out!  First time I saw Chel I thought she looked familiar, and I finally pinned down the reason.  There's a large Amish community nearby, and her face reminds me so much of them.

I don't mean the physical construction dictated by genetic structure.  I mean the permanent look on the face, embedded by wearing it so long.  Emotions come and go across the face, but the one that is there the most will stick.  Chel has a very amish expression. 

And if you know Amish people, not just stereotypes from rumors and Weird Al's song, you'll know that's not a bad thing at all.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I know formerly Amish people! Does that count?
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali