News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Time to Fish or cut bait (newsman)- talk about it in Sharing 4-3-8

Started by Roscoe, June 05, 2011, 12:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

I have figured out the perfect gift to give for a wedding shower.  A box full of the little things you use in the house every day but never notice.  A spatula, salt and pepper shaker, can opener, toilet plunger (well hopefully not that one EVERY day,)  broom, dustpan, light bulbs, rubber bands, pens, pins, etc.  It would save a lot of trips to the store to get stuff when the happy couple is starting their own home, and if they already have one of something it's no great loss having an extra one.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In other news, howdy y'all!  Fairly hectic day at work today, but that made it go by faster.  We got a notice on the board that tomorrow is a normal work day, mandatory.  Eh... I didn't have any plans this Saturday anyway.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

REASONS MY KIDS DO NOT NEED ANY MORE TOYS

By Tammy Rosenfeldt

~ They started off as babies who found my Tupperware drawer much more fascinating than their toy box.

~ The days I change the paper towel roll in the kitchen bring great excitement as they claim their new sword or telescope.

~ Their current toys are only exciting when I either reorganize them/put them neatly away or when I start my garage sale pile.

~ Who needs toys when jumping on my bed like the five little monkeys brings tears of laughter?

~ They are content to look at the clouds and find shapes - most recently Caleb claimed he saw Thomas the Engine. Really - just shouted it out while in the car.

~ To make one of them want to play with a toy, all I have to do is give it to the other one. Suddenly, that item becomes the best thing in the whole entire world.

~ The days I mop the kitchen floor and move the chairs into the living room are cause for adventure as they build tents and "dark, dark rooms."

~ A flashlight brings amusement to all for hours.

~ And my personal favorite - the other day they literally fought over who got to play with the fly swatter. I really wish I was kidding.
-----------------

Tammy's blog, Tales From a Stay-at-Home Mom:
http://www.tjrosenfeldt.blogspot.com/

Copyright 2010 Tammy Rosenfeldt. Permission is granted to send this to others, with attribution, but not for commercial purposes.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Well, well, well.  If it isn't Shrewby....I actually was thinking of your earlier. 

Not in a good way of course.  :hypocrite:  :P  ;)

Been laying in the floor sleeping.  Woke up and eventually got unstiff and awake enough to get up...lol

Went out to survey for coons or critters.  Took the one gun with me, well, that thing has issues, keeps getting jammed....  Lo and behold, there was a coon out there on the fence....had to come back for the other gun....  Went back out there and couldn't get the stupid thing to chamber the bullet....it was Mr. Magoo Round #2.  :roll:  Finally got that going, and blasted it...a time...or two...or...whatever....  Come to find out, dad had set a couple snares along the fence, I didn't know he had put any out up there, but it had got caught in one...yay.  And now it's old nasty tick-infested self is laying there dead....  Surveyed the compound for any other intruders or carnage, and thankfully found none....especially since the gun was out of bullets...lol 

But, these lightning bugs around here need to quit imitating coon eyes if they don't want to get shot.  :freaky:

Newsman

Seth, to add a little spice to your militant adventures, you should use a boar-spear (OOPS, I said BOAR) or a sword!  :thumbsup2:

John  :waving:

Chseeads

Psssh, Lord.....

Did I recently mention the hatred of bugs?

Oh my lord.....there are, what I have learned to be - with some semblance of relief to know actually, grain mites all over the garage, particularly crawling around on all the feed bags and areas near....  Horrendous....yet a relief that it's not poultry mites....Thank God....poultry mites are nearly impossible to totally avoid when you have...poultry (imagine that)....but with some treatment for them and things on occasion, they stay at bay fairly well.... 

So these grain mites mortified me, but upon a bit of research and finding their identity, it's not so awful....I mean awful that these bugs are everywhere yes, but a relief to know they're just looking for and living on grain......

Lord.

Plus this nasty coon which is probably tick-ridden needs disposed of.

I think I'm just going to set everything on fire and burn the whole place to the ground. 

That'd also get rid of the roaches that live in the cages and buildings around that apparently also eat bird feed....

Good night, Irene.....

Roscoe

Alright now, don't everybody post at once! Man, it's dead in here. Echos almost as much as Mini's head.  :lol:

And Hi, Lady wooby!
I am nearly through another saturday. We've had a girl in the capitol having wedding pictures taken that looks like she's all of twelve years old. There's no way this kid is old enough to get married, yet she had her entire family gathered at the capitol while she was photo'd in a wedding gown. Perhaps I'm just getting old and everyone looks younger....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: five-oh on June 11, 2011, 05:59:39 PM
Alright now, don't everybody post at once! Man, it's dead in here.
In the words of the great Confuse-Us, "When you have nothing to say, say nothing."

I have nothing to say except Grandma and I went out for breakfast and I'm still full.  Even supper might come a bit too soon for my appetite.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Alright now, don't everybody post at once! Man, it's dead in here. Echos almost as much as Mini's head.  :lol:

And Hi, Lady wooby!
I am nearly through another saturday. We've had a girl in the capitol having wedding pictures taken that looks like she's all of twelve years old. There's no way this kid is old enough to get married, yet she had her entire family gathered at the capitol while she was photo'd in a wedding gown. Perhaps I'm just getting old and everyone looks younger....

Keep your snide comments and your 12 year old brides in Arkansas...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

And Hi, Lady wooby!

Your last statement is very true.

*cough*

And it's Arkansas after all.....I mean, c'mon.  12 is plenty old enough.

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on June 11, 2011, 06:47:51 PM

And Hi, Lady wooby!

*cough*

:pound: Methinks the pot calleth the kettle black..........
And Mini, it WAS a valid comparision.... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

People came and got some birds...yay...thank God.  Made a little bit of room....lol

5 silver pheasants, 8 melanistic pheasants, 7 chukar partridges, 2 turkeys, and 17 coturnix quail.

Chseeads

Quote from: five-oh on June 11, 2011, 06:49:48 PM

And Hi, Lady wooby!

*cough*

I call the kettle whatever color it is.  :P

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Quote from: five-oh on June 11, 2011, 06:49:48 PM

And Hi, Lady wooby!

*cough*

My head is not empty. I'll have you know its full of nonsense.

Chseeads

Chseeads

Lord, I need to go get rid of that nasty coon still....

mini

taco_harvell

Quote from: minnesota68 on June 11, 2011, 08:00:51 PM
Spilled jet fuel on me...I smell like....jet fuel.

Stay away from Seth and Mel, they might give you a light. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.