Previous topic - Next topic

Newsman

Slow, but here it is.

Name: John Anglin Yates
Screen Name: Newsman
Home State: Great State of Oklahoma
Current State: as above!

Hobbies:Fishing, Military History, Medieval Reenactment

Brief Salvation Story Wasn't raised in the Truth, but was blessed to come in and receivce the gift of the Holy Ghost at age 25, and marked 20 years last year..still in the same church I received the Holy Ghost in.

Marital Status Never Married (has a rather ominous 'ring' to it, right?)

Children: None

Pets: Not any more. The cat that grew up with me died years ago, at age 20.

Occupation: News and Sports Director for a small group of Oklahoma radio stations. Newspaper Correspondent for (technically) two newspapers, and outdoors columnist for one of them.

Are you involved in your church? If so, tell us what you do. Currently Adult Sunday School teacher, preach nursing home and occasionally other sercvices. church secretary, a deacon, I think that is it right now.

Other info you wish to share: None at the moment.

John  :waving:

Scott

*bump*

This is something we've done about every 18 months or so. Please sign in.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

nwlife

Name: Brandon
Screen Name: nwlife, (formerly apsurf)
Home State: regretfully Oklahoma 
Current State: Same....

Hobbies:  Internet, pestering ladies to no ends, being an annoyance, reading, music, cooking, and a scattering of other things.

Brief Salvation Story: My Journey was predestined before creation,  Effectual the day God applied grace and mercy to change my heart and caused me to seek His face through the miraculous gift of faith.

Marital Status:  Never married, Not dating.    :P

Pets: one devilish male Maltese fuzzball named ally.

Occupation:  Hotel clerk, though I do have my degree and license for elementary Education.

Are you involved in your church?
• Acolyte
• Musician
• Song Leader
• Certified Lay Speaker
• Lector
Just a few of my job description/duties to the local church. While I don't mind the titles at times, all they describe is simply the details of what I truly am to be, servant of the pastor and the congregation. May I always remember the words of John the Baptist, "He [Christ] must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Other info you wish to share:
a word of warning, BEWARE of my sense of humor! LOL! I am very conservative in most issues of life (and in theology as well), for me some things are not up for debate. Theologically- I am can be summed up with leaning towards the Lutheran/Reformed positions.
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

MelodyB

Name: Melody
Screen Name: MelodyB
Home State: Florida
Current State: Mississippi

Hobbies: Reading, music, kids/youth.

Brief Salvation Story: Raised in truth. I'm something of a 6-7 generation Apostolic...we don't really know how far back it goes. Got the Holy Ghost and baptized at 17, and started a walk with God. But honestly I can say that up until I was 27, I really didn't serve Him with my whole heart. I credit my new found faith and love for God to stepping out and and following His call to move to MS. BEST DECISION I EVER MADE!

Marital Status:  Single. Never dated anyone either. At all.

Children: No natural children. BUT! I claim several as mine. Plus Neices and a Nephew.

Pets: A sweet almost 9 year old black cat named Eboni.

Occupation:  Currently unemployed, but I do a lot of babysitting for family.

Are you involved in your church? Yes, VERY. I sing in the chorale, do the occasional solo, I'm on the Youth staff, I head up the Sign Team, Im in charge of a Bible Study class every Monday night, and I'm the fill in drummer for Youth services and sometimes in church when our regular drummers are out.

Other info you wish to share: I collect and LOVE Duckies! I love to talk, and text. And don't Lie to me. If you have something to say, say it, don't cover it up with lies. I would rather know the truth and be hurt for awhile, then be lied to and be innocently happy. I love my Kiddos! From my Neices and Nephew and cousins, to all my kids that I claim as my own. My current life goals are: to lose weight and be healthier, be more fluent in ASL, and learn how to become a better drummer so I'm more than just a back-up drummer.

I think that's all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Scott

*bump*  :copcar:  *bump*  :copcar: : *bump*   :copcar:   *bump* :copcar:

This is something we've done about every 18 monthsor so. Please sign in.

*bump*  :copcar:  *bump*  :copcar: : *bump*   :copcar:   *bump*:copcar:

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Melody

Name:Melodyà
Screen Name:MellowYellow
Home State:Does this mean where we were born or grew up?  CO/IA
Current State:MO

Hobbies:culinary stuff, hmmm... I don't really have a lot of hobbies, there are things I like to do but don't get to often, like hiking.

Brief Salvation Story 4th or 5th generation Pentecostal, except every generation backslid, so not sure it counts.  Grew up in the PAW church till preteen yrs. Got the Holy Ghost @ 5. Was completely backslid during my teen years till I got married & started a family @ 18.  God called me back and I've been back ever since, 12 yrs now.  I love it, this getting to know Jesus, more and more each day.

Marital Status married 13 yrs now. Happily. ☺

Children: 2, ages 9 and 12, soon to be 13. Help me Lord.  :updown:

Pets: 1 distinguished looking black Lab Terrier.  I think all 11 lbs. of him is smarter than us all... lol

Are you involved in your church? If so, tell us what you do.My husband and I are over the Missions dept. which helps keep the church aware and interactive with what God is doing around the world. This includes Monthly highlighting testimony and leading the church in intercession for missionaries/ situations around the world, and quarterly prayer mtgs. We, along with some fabulous people, put on a Multicultural Service/Conference with an International Expo, and an All Nations Sunday Service each year.  We are on the praise team, coordinate baptismal ministry, are a part of visitor follow ups, Nathan is part of the Timothy group, and I am on the Ladies ministry team.  We teach Bible studies as it works out.  Umm.. yeah, I think that's it.  But there is still so much more to do! Oh, and I help in the nursery every once in a while, not sure that counts.

Other info you wish to share:  I'm opinionated but it doesn't negate grace. I need it, we all need it.  Only God has the final say.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

My Apologies... I haven't forgotten or tried to ignore this... at first I didn't have time, and then my internet went away for a bit... had to go out to eat at Perkins to use it, or try to make it to the library... it wasn't happening! LOL, but the internet is back... and I'll try and write up my "introduction" later on tonight...   :biglaugh:

"Be skeered... be very skeered!"   :biglaugh:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Scott

Quote from: YooperYankDude on April 25, 2011, 10:46:11 PM
My Apologies... I haven't forgotten or tried to ignore this... at first I didn't have time, and then my internet went away for a bit... had to go out to eat at Perkins to use it, or try to make it to the library... it wasn't happening! LOL, but the internet is back... and I'll try and write up my "introduction" later on tonight...   :biglaugh:

His name is Fred Flintstone and he is married to Wilma Flintstone, he has a daughter Peebles and a dog dino!
  :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

The Never Ending Battle

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Scott on April 25, 2011, 11:00:13 PM
Quote from: YooperYankDude on April 25, 2011, 10:46:11 PM

His name is Fred Flintstone and he is married to Wilma Flintstone, he has a daughter Peebles and a dog dino!
  :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

:laughhard:   Exactly! lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Lynx

Peebles?  Didn't she start a big clothing store chain?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Dew-Ax-238

Pebbles married Bam Bam. Who is the son of Barney and Betty and  they .........
Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

live in the town of Bedrock... and become good friends of the Jetsons...

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Lynx

Then that's a different person.  He said Peebles.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

BeccaBoo

Name: Rebecca or Becca
Screen Name: Shorty B, BeccaBoo
Home State:Arkansas
Current State:Arkansas

Hobbies: collecting keychains, playing games online, reading, lol (sad I dont really have any)

Brief Salvation Story: Born and raised in church, received the HG at the age of 7, and have been in the same church ever since. Love my church!  :clap:

Marital Status: SINGLE

Children: Nope.

Pets: 2 dogs, one is a malshi named Prissi, and the other is a full blooded shih tzu named Lauren aka Lo Lo.

Are you involved in your church? Praise singer, choir, ensemble, sometimes I sing a solo (very shy), head of clean up team, childrens choir and church, sometimes Sunday School teacher when needed, and sign team (Unspoken).

Other info you wish to share: MOOOOONNNNNKKKKKEEEEYYYYYSSS!!  :laughhard:

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

photogirl

Name:  Susan
Screen Name: Photogirl
Home State: Maryland
Current State: Mississippi

Hobbies: I enjoy reading, photography, Art, Museums

Brief Salvation Story I was blessed to be born and raised in the truth. I received the Holy Ghost when I was 8yrs old but KNEW with out a doubt at 11 yrs old. Just kinda been growing and walking in the Lord ever since.

Marital Status: Single

Pets: None  :clap:

Occupation: Photographer  ** I photograph the newborn babies in the local hospitals**

Are you involved in your church? I am a greeter, choir member, substatute sunday school teacher, part of  "THE CREW" children's ministry team

Other info you wish to share: I have just finished my first semester of nursing school. WOOOHOO!!

Lynx

Nursing school and photography... photogirl and Chel DEFINITELY need to get together!
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

You called me awesome more than once.  Your definition of awesome is therefore suspect. 

However, given her interests parallel yours so closely, and given you aren't half bad yourself, it is entirely possible she is in fact awesome. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Name: Thomas Richwine... but I also answer to Bob, Turkey, Teddy, Ted, and a few I don't want y'all to know! LOL
Screen Name: YooperYankDude
Home State: Narnia
Current State: Wisconsin

(Seth, confusion is a different type of state)

Hobbies:
Photography - Landscapes, Animals, and people when there is nothing else to shoot... lol. JK, I love taking random shots of people when they are not aware I am taking a picture. Posed shots are just that... posed. Rarely (just in my experience) can someone not trained... pose in a picture without plastering their fake smile, and the mannerisms are usually not the same... especially on the first shot.

Aviation - I love to fly... I need to get my license.

Traveling - This goes hand in hand with my passion for photography. I don't care where... by plane or car... train or bus if I had to.

People - haha... all of my hobbies are linked. I love meeting new people.

Brief Salvation Story
Raised in a broken home, attended an AOG church from the time my mom remarried, till I escaped into the military. I got the Holy Ghost when I was about 9. God saved my life more than once before I found out there was 1 God, and not a  "trinity."  Once out of my comfort zone, and going through BMT... I realized that I was nothing more than the shell of someone who had always believed in God, and spoke about Jesus on a regular basis... but it was a facade.

I was unhappy, and broken... God used BMT to start putting me back together... and continued the process while I was in Tech School (In Texas! LOL), and I was primed for going to Utah where I prayed with a open phone book, and I heard God audibly speak about which specific church to call. I called, went to church the next day, and it was the only church I ever attended in Utah for 4 yrs.

I spent a few weeks in Bible Studies proving that the God of the Bible was not a "Trinity" but One God... and it made sense. I knew from watching my family in their religion... one that they left on the steps of the church as they walked out the door on Sunday and Weds. These people were very real... a little strange... but sincere and real. One family in particular spent hrs and hrs with me... showing me how a real family is supposed to relate to one another. 3 weeks after arriving in Utah, I was baptized in Jesus Name... and on Fathers Day in June of the same year (2002)... I was refilled with the Holy Ghost, but now had a better understanding of what the Holy Ghost was... and what it was for.

Been at it ever since...  :) 

Marital Status
Single (but not for long... engaged and getting married on Aug 6th)

Children:
None

Pets:
None at the moment. I want a dog... :) 

Shipping / Receiving clerk @ Christensen Machinery.

Are you involved in your church? If so, tell us what you do.
Run the sound board, play the bass, generally in charge of comic relief. LOL, Missionary to Marinette, WI and  Menominee., MI.. and Guatemala!

Other info you wish to share:

Not at the moment.... maybe later...  *grin

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

Quote from: YooperYankDude on May 07, 2011, 03:44:56 AM

:eyebrow:

Really now...planning on going home anytime soon? Can I go?

awilkes05

"Take me to that place Lord, to that secret place, where I can be with YOU.  You can make me like You."

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: MelodyB on May 07, 2011, 07:15:31 PM
Quote from: YooperYankDude on May 07, 2011, 03:44:56 AM

:eyebrow:

Really now...planning on going home anytime soon? Can I go?

Yup, I'm going back on my honeymoon... Molly has never been to Narnia... and NO you cannot go along!!  LOL!

You can visit after the 13th of August... I'm sure Caspian will be excited to see you... as will Puddleglum... I know he misses you!   :hypocrite:

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

Amelia Bedelia

Name: Mary
Screen Name: Amelia Bedelia
Home State: NC
Current State:NY
Hobbies: Living
Brief Salvation Story Born, raised and anchored
Marital Status Available
Children: None that I know of
Pets: Basil, Parsley, Wildflowers, Chives and some other plants I forget the names of
Are you involved in your church? If so, tell us what you do. Don't go to church
Other info you wish to share: I am my own brand of awesome, limited edition, patent pending