News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

When your heart and brain disagree (or agree)

Started by SippinTea, January 17, 2009, 12:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: iridiscente on March 19, 2009, 06:21:46 PM
Or a better question, can you get a genie to give you some shrinking power?

:laughhard:

Well, we do get three wishes don't we?
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

RainbowJingles

*wishes to be skinny*

*wishes to be forever with a certain wonderful gentleman*

*saves the last wish*

Becca: you can be the co-author and inspiration.  :-)

Dina: I'm actually NOT doing so great right now.  I was a pound shy of the 30-pound mark, and then had fast food 3 days in a row and got lazy on the exercise.  *sigh*

iridiscente

Sis

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 19, 2009, 06:18:33 PM
Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 17, 2009, 08:22:38 PM
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 17, 2009, 03:47:31 PMLooks with nothing to back it up are dead!!!!

Thus we have I Becca 1:1

lol

...and though they have all good looks and all great hygiene, but have not love for you, they are NOTHING.
...and though he give you flowers and stuffed monkeys and cards galore... if he has no brains, it just ain't gonna work!

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

Do I get a publishing deal....do I? DO I?

Sure you do!

RainbowJingles

You'd think right now I'd have enough motivation to keep me afloat.  Not sure what on earth has gotten into me.  :smirk2:

Actually...  I guess I could blame it on being sick or feeling blah, but exercising and eating right help keeps me feeling good...

Stupid vicious cycle.  lol

Sis

Don't gain it back! I gained too much back and now I'm more than I was before I started the first time.

BeccaBoo

I get off track and gain a little back...

Then I get back on and lose it back...

But this time I  have gained 3 or 4 lbs and I cant get it OFF!!

:reaction:

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

Sis

Cut back on some starchy foods for awhile. Breads, pizza and/or potatoes. It might jolt you back into a losing streak.

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 19, 2009, 08:33:19 PM
You'd think right now I'd have enough motivation to keep me afloat.  Not sure what on earth has gotten into me.  :smirk2:

Actually...  I guess I could blame it on being sick or feeling blah, but exercising and eating right help keeps me feeling good...

Stupid vicious cycle.  lol

Hey...don't be soo hard on yourself we all have our up and down times!!!  The best thing to do when you slip; is to focus on the next moment, or to focus on the ways that you didn't slip..... For example: I've stopped drinking pop.....went for a week without anything then I had a half of glass...which I didn't beat myself up over!!  I celebrated the fact that it was only a half of glass...and that I made it a week with only that much!!!  :clap: Focus on the things that you have done really well on!!!!!  Also, I 'm trying to cut sugar out of my daily diet....so I went five days with no candy, cake, pop, anything....  I celebrated the fact that I was more interested in pretzels than a candybar at break the other day!!!  :clap: I didn't beat myself up over the fact that I had a piece of my Dad's birthday cake; I celebrated the fact that I took a healthy lunch to work three out of the five days this past week!!!!  :clap: Plus me and a friend did get our walk in at work at least once this!!!  :clap: We had been walking a mile on our lunch, and a mile on our break...but because of a very stressful week at work we couldn't work our breaks together, however we did make it once this week!!!!! :clap:

The bad part is coming up...I'm on vacation for nine days this week; plus I'm going to ladies retreat with Deb!!!  I'm just going to take it moment by moment!!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Brecxie on March 20, 2009, 01:48:13 AM
I get off track and gain a little back...

Then I get back on and lose it back...

But this time I  have gained 3 or 4 lbs and I cant get it OFF!!

:reaction:

Quote from: Sis on March 20, 2009, 02:24:55 AM
Cut back on some starchy foods for awhile. Breads, pizza and/or potatoes. It might jolt you back into a losing streak.

I usually try cutting out the bad sugars...pop, candy, anything else!!!  I can lose five pounds If I cut pop out of my diet for a week!!  Of course, It's not as easy as it was to lose when I was sixteen...lol

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: RainbowJingles on March 19, 2009, 07:00:33 PM

Becca: you can be the co-author and inspiration.  :-)

WoooooooWOOOOO!!!  I'm going to be an author!!!!  I always wanted to write a book!!!!  WOW, and I might get to be inspirational!!!!!   :clap:

Sis

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 25, 2009, 06:29:52 PM

I usually try cutting out the bad sugars...pop, candy, anything else!!!  I can lose five pounds If I cut pop out of my diet for a week!!  Of course, It's not as easy as it was to lose when I was sixteen...lol

Since she's already been dieting, I assumed she already had  cut those things out.

Assuredbyfaith

hmmmm...you never know? :updown: Some people around here have been doing the "cut out the bread and grains" diet!!

Sis

Actually, it's not a diet as much as a way of living. Some who cut them out find they were allergic to wheat and never knew it until the symptoms went away after cutting them out of their diets.

upcchris

Quote from: Jallen on March 14, 2009, 04:03:08 PM
Quote from: upcchris on March 14, 2009, 09:30:32 AM
My opinion on the divorce rate...and really, global mentality: is that humans are fallible and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be. Just my cynical 2c
I think you've made a profound statement.

:) Thank you kindly.

Respect: To my mind familiarity breeds contempt....in some cases. So you have to chose how you see your brothers: as brothers, as mates(friends that you hang out with alot) or as ministers
The minister bit includes those that aren't ministers...if you see your brother as your mates, you become overly familiar with them...and since you're not male...it becomes rather disastrous because you put yourself on the same wavelength as their male mates. As brothers...they're someone you admire and respect and are someone who is more important to you than if they were a mate and can always go to with a problem and they can always come to you... same goes for ministers, but added to that is the sense you get form them of someone who has the potential to be great for God, and minused from that is they won't often come to you with a problem...so it brings that little bit of distance. I'll get down from the pulpit now.
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

upcchris

...And it seems as though no one has anything to add :-?
Television is proof the people will look at anything rather than eachother

Life would be so much easier without hormones

Of all God's creations, humans are the only ones with enough imagination to be bored

Humans are fallible, and they unreasonably expect everyone else not to be

Tina~Chris

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Kloey

I can appreciate this.  So often, I meet interesting men, handsome men, sweet men, smart men, nerdy men, scruffy men  :freaky2:, etc, but I can't seem to find a single local man who is roughly near my age and is in church.  It's almost a shame that we don't have "Build-A-Man" workshops.  It'd make things seemingly so much easier, but again, that's up for debate.  We ladies would probably never make it out of the scruff section.   :biglaugh:
I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.

SippinTea

BOL! Kloey, I think I like you. ;)

Btw, my name is Ruby. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Kloey

Nice to re-e-meet you, Ruby...lol.

P.s.
I think I like you, too.  You're good for shenanigans!   :hypocrite:
I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.

SippinTea

Quote from: Kloey on December 22, 2009, 07:23:35 PM
Nice to re-e-meet you, Ruby...lol.

So where've you been hiding yourself? You just vanished off the edge of the world... err, WWW.

Quote from: Kloey on December 22, 2009, 07:23:35 PM
P.s.
I think I like you, too.  You're good for shenanigans!   :hypocrite:

That's true enough! *laugh* But that's not always a good thing. :updown:

Kloey

I was, for the most part, kidnapped by an evil employer!  I was made to do horrible things, like earn my money and stuff.  I had to work an insane amount of extra hours and then the baggages "promoted" me because I'm such a *good* employee...  They appointed me as the VP of Crime Stoppers and they make me train people now...  Those poor people... :sadbounce:  Plus, I sort of took a sabbatical from the internet.

Shenanigans are always good, though they may land one in a spot of trouble.  It's important to avoid, um, certain outcomes.   :lol:

All that aside, how've you been?

SippinTea

*laugh*

I'm doing pretty well. God's good, and the rest doesn't matter so much in light of that. Right? *smile*
Well, okay, so it DOES matter, but I'm trying to pretend it doesn't for now. It's easier that way. *wink*

iridiscente

* iridiscente renames this thread "Relations between the heart and the brain" since the disagree is promptly reneged by the "or disagree" part.

So much more stuffy that way!