News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Our first little one

Started by savedbygrace, September 20, 2008, 03:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

savedbygrace

Hello everyone, I am new to Godplace.com, and my husband and I are expecting our first little one, a boy, in about 4 weeks!  Just wondering if anyone might have some advice for us, on the labor and delivery part of our new adventure.  It has me a bit nervous... :roll:

BeccaBoo

Do Justly, Love Mercy, Walk Humbly. Micah 6:8

sunlight

awww! congratulations!  thats awesome!
are you going to be having it at the hopsital? home? have you visited the place you will be having it?

(:grin: i cant really give any advice because i dont have any... but many of the mom's that come up to the place I work at say that they wernt as nervous after they took a tour, and saw where things were, and stuff.)
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Congratulations on the pregnancy and welcome to GP.  :grin:

nicolejoy

Congrats! I'm also pregnant with my first, due only about a week after you!!

savedbygrace

Aww..thanks everyone for the great welcome, and best wishes!  Congrats also to you Nicolejoy!!! I know you are excited also, we can't wait. Just think not much longer now. Again thanks everyone for posting, and a shout out to my cousin Brexie for showing me this place. :)

BeccaBoo

Quote from: savedbygrace on September 22, 2008, 05:09:05 AM
Aww..thanks everyone for the great welcome, and best wishes!  Congrats also to you Nicolejoy!!! I know you are excited also, we can't wait. Just think not much longer now. Again thanks everyone for posting, and a shout out to my cousin Brexie for showing me this place. :)

newkris

well, it's been rather awhile since my first one . . . about 24 years so i promise you some things have changed.  but other things haven't.  visiting the hospital and meeting the nurses, etc. will be helpful.  they won't feel like strangers. 

be careful to not read too much about what can happen and all the potential "difficulties" that you could have.  it will only scare you.  honestly.  let someone else do that reading for you if you feel you want to be more prepared.  your hormones will give you enough emotion for ten people, which you probably already know by now, and it may only complicate things emotionally for you if there is a problem - or if you think there could be a problem.  chances are, the problem isn't really there.  thousands of babies are born every day and very few of them having problems.  really. 

let nature, and God, set the course.  remember that the docs and nurses have done probably hundreds of deliveries and yours will likely be like the majority.  don't worry about what could happen.  just trust that God knows what will happen and has it all in order.

HAVE FUN! 

of course, had you asked me, i would recommend having grandbabies first as they are much more fun than babies.  :pwink: 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

BeccaBoo

The Purple Fuzzy

BeccaBoo

okieoliveoyl

one word:  EPIDURAL!!!!!

lol.. it's not as bad as people make it out to be... 99% of the time.   :)    I just had my second child 3 weeks ago, and it was a WONDERFUL delivery and labor.  I told my hubby if it was always that easy, i'd have a ton more. heehee.   
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

nicolejoy

Well it's meant to get easier each time - so, keep going girl!! ;) lol

okieoliveoyl

um...right after john *newsman* gets himself hitched and has his 12...then Logan and I might have another one...lol.  But by the time they call the dr it'll be too late. hehe...i delivered 15 minutes after she got there with the second one...so yeah...
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

savedbygrace

:clap2:

Wow..I do hope my labor goes easy...we were worried that I would have to have a c-section because the baby (going to name him Nathaneal- because in Hebrew it means "gift from God") was breech, but thankfully after prayer and begging..lol we found out this week that he has turned into the corrct head down postion. We are now only about 15 days from our due date..hopefully he want keep us waiting to much longer...but I am already singing Epidural..lol..just ask the hubby..as soon as I saw that second line appear..I said..just know now that I will be using drugs for the pain..lol. True story...we still laugh about that being my first reaction.

BeccaBoo

newkris

i had epidurals with both of my boys.  it's cool because you can still hear and see everything, but you don't feel anything.  that part is strange.  babies are ever much fun.  just don't worry about everything.  God will take care of it all.  He does that you know.
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

savedbygrace

That is so true..God does know and take care of everything!  If there is one thing I have learned over and over during this pregnancy, it is that He never leaves us, and knows all our fears. He is wonderful and worthy of all our praise! I would have gone crazy with worry if it wasn't for all the prayers..and my trust in Him.

nicolejoy

Getting closer now! You should show us a pregnancy picture! I've only got 2 weeks today!!

Charlene

Quote from: nicolejoy on October 14, 2008, 12:12:02 PM
Getting closer now! You should show us a pregnancy picture! I've only got 2 weeks today!!

you need to show another one too!

savedbygrace

Two weeks...isn't is so exciting!!!  I am on count down and my husband is so excited, we can hardly wait.  We have our checkup tomorrow, and will hopefully get more news..I have 10 days...or so!!! :hyper:,,,jumps for joy!

nicolejoy

savedbygrace

Quote from: nicolejoy on October 15, 2008, 09:42:32 AM
I just posted new pics in my thread - http://godplace.com/forum/index.php?topic=28196.new#new if you wanna go see!!

I went and saw them, you are so cute!  I went to the doctor today and she checked me...she says it shouldn't be much longer now..and I have been have very small pains in my back..lol..not for sure..but maybe this little boy will come sooner than later..I hope you are feeling well!

Chseeads

When he gets there, I hope he's meaner than a snake and ornery as the devil....and that Cousin Brecxie has to babysit him all the time.

BeccaBoo

Quote from: Chseeads on October 16, 2008, 10:42:55 PM
When he gets there, I hope he's meaner than a snake and ornery as the devil....and that Cousin Brecxie has to babysit him all the time.

I hope I get to also.

Mean or not.

:girltongue: