Cupid thinks he's gonna get an arrow thru me

Started by Backseat Radio, April 22, 2008, 10:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backseat Radio

I just got this email from my grandmother...

QuoteTia this young man goes to our church. He is a school teacher. and is very nice. If you e-mail him be sure to in the subject write "Sis *name removed* Grand-daughter" so he will know you are for real.He has a weight problem but his spirit is so sweet.  Lov Ya    grandma

This makes the 2nd time someone on my mom's side of the family has tried to play possible matchmaker.  Why is it folks think they have to play match maker? Can't a person be happy with being single at almost age 28 and have folks not try to play matchmaker?

Nice try cupid but I'm gonna play hard to get.

gabbtastic

thats how ppl are... they think u have to be married... or else ur not a complete person...... and that its their job to get u married off... even if ur only 16 (im 19 now but its still annoying)

Backseat Radio

Probably gets worse as you get older cause some folks just don't handle the idea of someone being almost 30 and still not married.

gabbtastic

yera i know :-/ they should mind their biz... its also kinda embarrassing when ppl try and hook u up like u cant get ur own date lol

MelodyB

Preach it yall!

God will find me a man, if He so chooses...I dont need any help!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Backseat Radio

I'll agree if its in God's plan for me to get married he'll bring along the right guy when that time comes.  I will have to admit that I'm not as cupid proof as I try to make folks think I am - seeing as how there are certain guys that will get a reaction out of me. 

SippinTea

Quote from: MelodyB on April 23, 2008, 12:31:55 AM
Preach it yall!

Hear ye, hear ye...
I disagree with Melody.

*ahem*

_If_ in God's plan for my life, there's a man out there for me, I'll need some help. Lots of help.
An introduction would be nice, so I can meet him.
Group outings with mutual friends would be nice, so there's not the couple-sy pressure when I'm just trying to get to know him.
Family events would be nice, so I can meet his family, and he can meet mine.
A friend or two that will assure him I'm not _always_ like that, when I'm being a brat.
A few friends that will listen to confidences, and pray with (and for) us.
And if/when the day comes that he stakes his claim by putting a shiny new ring on my finger, we'll need lots of family and friends in attendance to help us celebrate how God brought us together.

:beret:

(And yes, the Ice Maiden really did post this.) :updown:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Backseat Radio

I might have more reason to be worried if the matchmaker's name was TriciaLea

:hypocrite:

MelodyB

Quote from: SippinTea on April 23, 2008, 01:51:01 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on April 23, 2008, 12:31:55 AM
Preach it yall!

Hear ye, hear ye...
I disagree with Melody.

*ahem*

_If_ in God's plan for my life, there's a man out there for me, I'll need some help. Lots of help.
An introduction would be nice, so I can meet him.
Group outings with mutual friends would be nice, so there's not the couple-sy pressure when I'm just trying to get to know him.
Family events would be nice, so I can meet his family, and he can meet mine.
A friend or two that will assure him I'm not _always_ like that, when I'm being a brat.
A few friends that will listen to confidences, and pray with (and for) us.
And if/when the day comes that he stakes his claim by putting a shiny new ring on my finger, we'll need lots of family and friends in attendance to help us celebrate how God brought us together.

(And yes, the Ice Maiden really did post this.) :updown:

:o You disagree with me?? WOW.

Actually, you didnt get what I mean...well, you did, I know you did, but you are choosing to be contrary. :P

I meant, that if God sends me a guy, He doesnt need anyone trying to play matchmaker. If he APPOINTS someone to be machmaker, then thats great (Like the Tricia and Sis Mom thing...) but as for everyone seeing that I am single...and that I "NEED SOMEONE" and trying to set me up cause of that....UM....NO THANK YOU.

MelodyB

Haha, Tia! I didnt see that till AFTER I posted.

And Ruby...I agree with your little speech there. I do NEED others to help along the way, I just dont need them deciding for me. KWIM?

Backseat Radio

wondering if I should email the guy just because my grandmother sent me his email.  I'm assuming she's probably already talked to him since the email included what to put in the subject line.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: bsr on April 23, 2008, 01:53:29 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now theres a challange

lolol

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Tricia Lea on April 23, 2008, 02:03:41 AM
Quote from: bsr on April 23, 2008, 01:53:29 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Now theres a challange

lolol

I'd almost dare ya to try it

Tricia Lea

Did I hear dare, Debates and Thinks up a thread title to start an application thread for tia lololol

MelodyB

:popcorn:

This could really get good...

Hey TL...do you know Bro Bobby?  :freaky2:

apsurf

Matchmaking....Also one reason I don't make a lot of get togethers in churches/family/etc... right now.....

Tricia Lea

Quote from: MelodyB on April 23, 2008, 02:13:53 AM
:popcorn:

This could really get good...

Hey TL...do you know Bro Bobby?  :freaky2:

No, Should I?

MelodyB

Backseat Radio

At least with mom's side of the family any matchmaking attempts they do is with a godly guy.  My dad's side of the family God only knows what kind of guy they might try to set me up with since none of my dad's family serves God.

apsurf

Quote from: nwlife on April 23, 2008, 02:14:13 AM
Matchmaking....Also one reason I don't make a lot of get togethers in churches/family/etc... right now.....

Also got to thinking, that is a reason to avoid GP gatherings.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Tricia Lea on April 23, 2008, 02:13:31 AM
Did I hear dare, Debates and Thinks up a thread title to start an application thread for tia lololol

:pound:  for even thinking about that

SippinTea

Quote from: MelodyB on April 23, 2008, 01:55:40 AM
Actually, you didnt get what I mean...well, you did, I know you did, but you are choosing to be contrary. :P

:eek!: Me?!? Surely not! :hypocrite:

Quote from: MelodyB on April 23, 2008, 01:57:22 AM
And Ruby...I agree with your little speech there. I do NEED others to help along the way, I just dont need them deciding for me. KWIM?

Yes, I KWYM. ;)

Quote from: nwlife on April 23, 2008, 02:18:22 AM

That's a good reason TO go to a GP gathering. *grin* You never know when one introduction will lead to another introduction, will lead to yet another introduction.... and in the meantime, you'll make some awesome friends.

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Backseat Radio

Quote from: nwlife on April 23, 2008, 02:18:22 AM

Don't give the GP Domer's any ideas

MelodyB

apsurf

All I know, is anyone tries matchmaking on me, I am very likely to dissappear.    :nono:

But then again, I don't see any apostolics trying to match me up with other apostolics right now!!!

or wanting to be matched up with me in the first place.   :smirk2: