News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Good Music?

Started by Kimmy07, January 05, 2008, 06:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmy07

HIDDY-HI-HI!!! :P
Like most teens, I like music :cd: ( I.E Christain/Pop/Gospel), but it is SO hard to find good (& NON ANTICHRIST :angel2:) artists now-a-days. I listen to a few songs by Aly & AJ, HelloGoodbye, Plain White T's, 6-Pence None The Richer, & soft bands such as those because they have CLEAN backgrounds, SUPER lyrics, & they do not use risque or swear words in their music to get their melodic concept across.   :hyper:
Do you know any good artists such as the ones I listed above? No rap or metal, plz.
:pound:

Backseat Radio

I like black gospel myself - Artists such as...

John P. Kee - http://www.johnpkee.com/
Hezekiah Walker  - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=134042859
Joe Pace and the Colorado Mass Choir - http://www.joepace.org/
Isreal and New Breed - http://www.newbreedmusic.com/
Tye Tribbet - http://www.myspace.com/tyetribbettandga

TRAV

Robert Randolph and the Family Band - good funk, rock and gospel mix

MuteMath is an awesome band, too. They've got a cool sound.
PROVERBS 3:5,6

Cody P

I heard a young lady sing a song the other night at my church and I really loved the song. But I dont remember the name of it or even who sings it but it says something about my god is ondipent or something like that. and it is not a choir song that I know of. Can someone please help me find it?
I Am A Child Of God !

onli-one-jehovi

Well, I know of some "oldies" from the 80's. My son and the youth group liked them. I sure they're still around at Christian Bookstores or Amazon.

DC Talk..... David & the Giants..... Whiteheart.... Bash-N-TheCode..... Amy Grant..... Petra....

Today you might try.... Casting Crowns..... Avalon.... Third Day..... Kirk Franklin....

Just check the CB in your area. Most have a "demo" disc to listen to.

Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Young man, how is it that you do not?

onli-one-jehovi

Oh, what I came here to post.  :pound:

My son's band just finished a CD.  :sing:

Samples and other info can be found at www.myspace.com/foretold1

It's rock but all written by them. What's that commercial say?.... Safe for the whole family.  :thumbsup2:
Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Young man, how is it that you do not?

Babs

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on April 13, 2008, 01:40:38 PM
Oh, what I came here to post.  :pound:

My son's band just finished a CD.  :sing:

Samples and other info can be found at www.myspace.com/foretold1

It's rock but all written by them. What's that commercial say?.... Safe for the whole family.  :thumbsup2:

wow. i really like their music!!!! reminds me of my sons band!  :great:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

LeahMarie

You have a son? He has a band?
Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

sunlight

do you remember anything else about the song?
It has "my god is omnipotent" in it?

Quote from: upc_guy21 on January 11, 2008, 05:40:43 AM
I heard a young lady sing a song the other night at my church and I really loved the song. But I dont remember the name of it or even who sings it but it says something about my god is ondipent or something like that. and it is not a choir song that I know of. Can someone please help me find it?

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

lol Chellay I was thinking that too.

Do you know anymore of it? You know how many songs talk about God's omnipotence in them? lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

TRAV

LeahMarie

Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

TRAV

LeahMarie

newkris

i have two sons and no bands.
but i have sons who play and could play in a band.
and i have friends with bands.

so. 

yes.  i have son.  and bands.

but not a son in a band.

:pwink:

just puttin' my two bits in . . .  . 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Cody P

One of my new favorite christian music artist is Selah. You should check them out.
I Am A Child Of God !

The Purple Fuzzy

I love, love, love Selah!

Sis

Melody

I think it was Tara who introduced me to this group. 

or

nicolejoy

Third Day!!

Casting Crowns!!

They're my 2 fav bands! Awesome :)

Legendary_roxy_girL

Ludovico Einaudi

Regina Spektor

Leszek Mozdzer
KayV Blog" style="border:0

<!-- SpringWidgets | RSS Reader (#23) | HTML | Generated on 07/21/2008 --><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="336" width="400" id="springwidgets_23" align="middle" data=

TRAV

Familia Forcefully Cinco
Evil Spirit Hunter 
LOLLING LTD

I'm sure I'm missing somebody...

newkris

i'm kind of digging red and amberlin right now.  and the new thousand foot crutch song "i wish you well" is clearly one of my favorites.
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

faith2u35

:hi: I like newsboys , and tobymac, i think they have a great upbeat that almost anyone can listen to anywhere, i also like carman, the cute italian singer, lol what other music do you all listen to, has anyone heard of walter hawkins? they are great~