News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Should I Accept a Date With...

Started by RainbowJingles, December 13, 2007, 06:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowJingles

Myself?

You know, I've been thinking...  I want to go see Handel's Messiah.  Last time I went, it was amazing to be sure.  That was at least 4 or more years ago.  I've never seen/ heard it performed at the San Francisco Symphony Hall.

Sooo...

What if I got a ticket and got dressed up and went to hear Handel's Messiah by myself?
What if I dressed in my black velvet dress with my hair curled magnificently, and my high heels on (ouch) and my cute little sequined bag...

A date with me.

Would I be good company?
Would I hold the doors?
Would I pull out a chair for me?
Would I take me out to eat afterward?
Would I pick up the tab for the meal?

And the clencher:
Would I decide I would rather keep it as "just friends" afterward?

Amelia Bedelia

:laughhard:

I think you should go
and I think you'll have such a great time that you'll make a lifelong commitment and should make it a regular habit to spoil yourself
:great:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

Anyone else planning a date with yourself this month?  :-)

I figure if no one asks me out on a date, then I'll just have fun by myself.  :-)

MelodyB

I think Im going to plan a birthday party for myself. And celebrate by myself.

RainbowJingles

Just don't eat the whole cake.  Then you'll be throwing up by yourself.   :-\

Tricia Lea

Quote from: RainbowJingles on December 13, 2007, 11:49:45 PM
Just don't eat the whole cake.  Then you'll be throwing up by yourself.   :-\
:o

Amelia Bedelia

I go out with myself all the time

just sometimes I double date with someone else  :biglaugh:

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on December 13, 2007, 11:53:59 PM

:pound:
That SO does NOT count!!!   :roll:

NessasMama

Quote from: RainbowJingles on December 13, 2007, 06:39:15 PM
Myself?

You know, I've been thinking...  I want to go see Handel's Messiah.  Last time I went, it was amazing to be sure.  That was at least 4 or more years ago.  I've never seen/ heard it performed at the San Francisco Symphony Hall.

Sooo...

What if I got a ticket and got dressed up and went to hear Handel's Messiah by myself?
What if I dressed in my black velvet dress with my hair curled magnificently, and my high heels on (ouch) and my cute little sequined bag...

A date with me.

Would I be good company?
Would I hold the doors?
Would I pull out a chair for me?
Would I take me out to eat afterward?
Would I pick up the tab for the meal?

And the clencher:
Would I decide I would rather keep it as "just friends" afterward?

You go girl!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup2:

If you do this, make sure you take pics of yourself!!!!!!!!
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

RainbowJingles

lol  I'm REALLY thinking about doing it.  Only thing kind of holding me back is that I don't like driving in the city very much, especially alone at night.

*shrug*  I just might do it anyway, though.

Yup.  I'll have to take pictures of my Christmas date.  :-)

It's tomorrow night.

Fun thing about going by yourself: you can still get a great seat at the last minute!

It can still be expensive, though...  We'll see.

Amelia Bedelia

you're worth it  ;)

buy a bouquet of flowers to show up at the door with first before you leave  ;)
Quote from: RainbowJingles on December 14, 2007, 12:06:20 AM
Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on December 13, 2007, 11:53:59 PM

:pound:
That SO does NOT count!!!   :roll:

and why ever not??   :hypocrite:
LOL
last night I went out with myself... and I just happened to have a couple guy friends along most of the time too
but it still should count as a night on the town with myself 'cause they weren't my dates   :biglaugh:

SippinTea

Wish we lived just a few hours closer to each other, Elona.  :-? I'd love to go, too.

Go for it! and then come back and tell us how awesome it was. :)

:beret:
"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."
--taken from the book Coming Up For Air

RainbowJingles

I might.  We'll see.  I may have gotten a better offer tonight.  We'll see what happens.  Two of my favorite men may want me to come over to their place and play some games and maybe watch a Christmas movie.   :teeth:

I wish you lived closer, too, ST!

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on December 14, 2007, 01:35:18 AM
you're worth it  ;)

buy a bouquet of flowers to show up at the door with first before you leave  ;)

Now THAT, my dear, is a GRAND idea!  lol

SippinTea

Quote from: RainbowJingles on December 14, 2007, 05:34:46 AM
I might.  We'll see.  I may have gotten a better offer tonight.  We'll see what happens.  Two of my favorite men may want me to come over to their place and play some games and maybe watch a Christmas movie.   :teeth:

:freaky2:

Oh wait. Are you absolutely _sure_ that's a better offer? I mean, after all, we're talking The Messiah here. Hmmm....

*ponders choices*
*ponders potential outcomes of said choices*

"Going somewhere means leaving somewhere. Choosing something means choosing against other things. Gaining something means losing something else. And between the old and new--the 'was' and the 'not yet'--there exists only one thing: a very frightening journey called faith."

RainbowJingles

Maybe.  lol  We're talking about two adorable, handsome guys, though!

SippinTea

*ponders the word adorable*

Hang on there, Missy! You talkin' about someone(s) under the age of... say, 10?

RainbowJingles

...and it won't cost for parking, or flowers, or...

SippinTea

:roll: And you'll be playing Chutes and Ladders, and watching Mary Poppins. :D

RainbowJingles

Nope.

I'll be playing "this little piggy went to market" and watching "It's a Wonderful Life."

:hypocrite:

apsurf

Quote from: RainbowJingles on December 14, 2007, 05:51:51 AM
Nope.
'll be playing "this little piggy went to market" and watching "It's a Wonderful Life."

:hypocrite:

:o  Never thought I would hear a woman use that term without having kids around!!!

RainbowJingles

...and I won't have to worry about traffic going into the city or annoying pedestrains...

And Nwlife: There's one particular man in my life that JUST SO HAPPENS to thoroughly enjoy that game, thankyouverymuch.  :-p

RainbowJingles

Oh my.

I have butterflies in my stomach.

I made a deal to buy a ticket to go see "Messiah" tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Found it online and bought it for a good bit less than face value.  Great seat in the orchestra section.  It was originally being sold as half of a pair.
Hmmm...  I wonder who else got the courage to go alone?  Or will I get to use both armrests (I think mine's an aisle seat)?  lol

I really did it!

I have a date.   :o

I washed my hair this morning just in case.  It's slightly curly now.  Not sure what I'll do with it, but I'm just gonna go DOWNTOWN, baby!  :hyper:

How crazy AM I, exactly?!?!?!   :smirk:

Chinadoll

I was debating the "date with myself" theory for tonight.

It involved Fazolis and Barnes and Noble.

Hmmm

Nai

MelodyB