What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Knees Vs Knows

Started by Mountain Dew, December 16, 2011, 04:34:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mountain Dew

Quote from: minnesota68 on December 16, 2011, 06:11:46 PM
I noticed something disturbing...

Chocolate has its roots in...drugs...not the melleryeller, wailin' willie kind either...so anyone who likes chocolate gravy must be a druggie.

JUST SAY NO TO CHOCOLATE GRAVY!
It isn't drugs; it's vitamins.
Delight in the Lord...

Mountain Dew

Quote from: minnesota68 on December 16, 2011, 10:10:33 PM
Man.  You have to many wives.  Do they know about each other?

X wife
Delight in the Lord...

Melody

Today we embarked on the Chocolate Gravy adventure from which we didn't know if we'd return. 

I must premise this with my kids start acting goofy when there's a camera.  After the video was over, Andrew rhetorically asked if Chocolate Gravy was from Kentucky. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAq7h68GF7s

I made biscuits, which they loved.  It's been a good while since I made them.  I made the gravy according to directions and then decided it needed a pinch of salt and dallop of butter.  That helped.  I think it may have needed a bit of vanilla too.

All in all the final verdict was that it was "OK."  Nathan was off to work early this morning but I imagine he would think the same.  It didn't taste like chocolate gravy but did have the exact flavor of chocolate cream of wheat cereal.  It was a pretty thick & creamy consistancy though! 

I only had a bit as gluten makes me sick for a while but I bit the bullet for yous Chocolate Gravy lovin' friends.

I'm a peacemaker...  :hypocrite:  I think God probably smiled upon the chocolate gravy scene backgrounded by our lovely Christmas tree.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on December 31, 2011, 06:19:43 PM
Today we embarked on the Chocolate Gravy adventure from which we didn't know if we'd return. 

I must premise this with my kids start acting goofy when there's a camera.  After the video was over, Andrew rhetorically asked if Chocolate Gravy was from Kentucky. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAq7h68GF7s

I made biscuits, which they loved.  It's been a good while since I made them.  I made the gravy according to directions and then decided it needed a pinch of salt and dallop of butter.  That helped.  I think it may have needed a bit of vanilla too.

All in all the final verdict was that it was "OK."  Nathan was off to work early this morning but I imagine he would think the same.  It didn't taste like chocolate gravy but did have the exact flavor of chocolate cream of wheat cereal.  It was a pretty thick & creamy consistancy though! 

I only had a bit as gluten makes me sick for a while but I bit the bullet for yous Chocolate Gravy lovin' friends.

I'm a peacemaker...  :hypocrite:  I think God probably smiled upon the chocolate gravy scene backgrounded by our lovely Christmas tree.
Pinch of salt?!?!  :o Hmmmm, I'm gonna have to buy the mix and see what you tasted.... :biglaugh:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I was  :o at the mention of chocolate cream of wheat.  Why did the mix have wheat farina in it?  Why would it have been needed?

I understand the pinch of salt.  Salt often makes sweet things taste better.  Maybe I should have tried a pinch of salt in my last iteration of the egg custard pie.  Maybe I will. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

I don't know why that stove picture is so huge, I resized it down on pb.  ???

I may at a future time, Roscoe, try Sarba's recipe.  I do believe it was the right consistancy though and that the kids will like it as pudding.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller