Underoath
Gwen Stacy
Here I Come Falling
Oceana
Haste The Day
The Devil Wears Prada
Sunday best and broken glass

titushome

For well-written lyrics, tuneful melodies, all-'round more-often-than-not well-crafted songs, (staying within 'Christian' music,) check out the following (some of my favorites):  Rich Mullins, Derek Webb, Sixpence None the Richer, The Normals, Switchfoot, Sarah Masen, Caedmon's Call, Burlap to Cashmere, Chris Rice, Phil Keaggy, and Jars of Clay.

If you don't mind that it's not 'Christian' music, also check these out:  3 Leg Torso, Nickel Creek, Matisyahu, and Pink Martini.

Then, of course, there's my band: The Carrier Pigeons.  Though you'll not find anything more from us than pretty rough demo tracks to date.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

The Purple Fuzzy

I really like Rich Mullens.  Chris Rice has some cool insights in his lyrics, too.

kade

hmmrmm

well as of late alot of christian music seems bland to
or lack of variety
i dunno
either way there are some good christian artists out there in most genres

titushome

Quote from: kade on August 29, 2008, 05:15:09 PM
well as of late alot of christian music seems bland

This is too true, and it's slightly discouraging.  I don't even waste my time anymore listening to the radio or trying to keep up with the latest in what's popular.  If something new is worth listening to, sooner or later, one way or another, I'll find out about it.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

kade

its like eating a blandwhich
or exceeding is bland width

Cody P

I like to listen to all kinds of good gospel music. I just listen to Pandora Radio online , it works great if you have highspeed internet !  :biglaugh: , Just go to  www.pandora.com.  Check them out and let me know what you all think.
I Am A Child Of God !

newkris

when it comes to radio, i listen to refugeradio.com.  you guys would probably like it. that's where i hear the latest Red, Amberlin, Skillet, etc.  good stuff and very clear sound.

have you guys heard of goodbye june?  i don't know if i've talked about them much here, but they are on my myspace page.  good sound.  real good sound. 
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

Heather

did someone say copeland?

the new cd is pretty awesome. sounds like beneath medicine tree.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

ApostolicOutlaw

There's some good songs by Johnathan Dean. He's the worship leader at the Pentecostals of Alexandria in LA.
The Crabb Family
Eddie James
Matthew West
Todd Agnew
Philips, Craig, and Dean
Sanctus Real
Needtobreath
Newsboys
David Crowder Band
Brian Litrrel
Cortt Chavis
Brandon Heath
Isreal Houghton

-Don't know if this is what you're looking for but they're some stuff I like.

Heather

ok just a personal thing. it's Anberlin. with an N.

I've seen them 3 times in the last 2 years. Met all the band except one. They are amazing guys and they are all christians. I talked to the main song writer. We talked about God.

Kloey

Quote from: ApostolicOutlaw on February 16, 2011, 07:37:32 PM
There's some good songs by Johnathan Dean. He's the worship leader at the Pentecostals of Alexandria in LA.
The Crabb Family
Eddie James
Matthew West
Todd Agnew
Philips, Craig, and Dean
Sanctus Real
Needtobreath
Newsboys
David Crowder Band
Brian Litrrel
Cortt Chavis
Brandon Heath
Isreal Houghton

-Don't know if this is what you're looking for but they're some stuff I like.

All amazing.  Dean in particular!  The song that I've been listening to lately is Pentecostals of Gainesville's rendition of Tye's Take Over.  Absolutely stunning!!!!!
I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 28, 2008, 08:22:30 PM
I really like Rich Mullens.  Chris Rice has some cool insights in his lyrics, too.
That's one singer I wish someone had told me about a lot sooner.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

IowaSkirtGirl

I was given a Chris Rice Cd in High School. I played it over and over and over and knew all the words...I just wish someone had introduced me to an AP church then. Like MELB when we both lived in Florida less than an hour apart!

But I came here to say Mary Mary is actually pretty good, found out about them recently.
I'm just me, round and bubbly like a lil honey bee!

Heather

shew we used to sing the fare out of some 'shackles' by MaryMary. wheew Jesus....

Melody

probably sounds totally crazy but I set up a station with OLD black gospel tunes and am enjoying it!

Rosetta Tharp
The Staple Singers
John Sellers
Mahalia Jackson
Ella Fitzgerald
Shirley Ceasar's early stuff
ect.