For those that said it couldn't be done...well we did it! Sharing 501!

Started by MelodyB, October 01, 2015, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 10, 2015, 04:20:49 AM
There's two sayings I didn't know anybody else knew.  "One legged man at a butt kicking contest" and "fiddle fartin around."

By the way Bobby, I was reminded of a quote that reminded me of your place of employment. It was from a video game I played back in the day.

"Wanna play cards?"
"Sure. But I don't have any money so it'll have to be State Senate rules."
"What are those rules?"
"That's where we trade cards and try to beat each other, but nobody wins, everybody loses and nothing gets accomplished. It's like stalemate, except the objective is to kill time until the audience gets bored and leaves."
Pretty good description of this place. :lol: Glad it's my Friday. Hip is still sore, but better than yesterday... Got a ton to do this weekend, including a spell of "fiddle-fartin' around"  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Country is country from TN to AR to TX and probably lots of other states.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 10, 2015, 09:04:38 PM
True. Of course, Arkansas country is a much better level of country than those "other" states. :ugly:
I got home and got the leaking heater hose fitting off of Rusty. Tomorrow, I shall attempt to find a replacement, re-install it, and help Bro Papa move Fred the '52 Ford's frame and running gear back into the shop, now that it's clean and painted...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Brandon and I actually had an evening off work together with no homework and I feel pretty decent. We decided to cash in our Olive Garden gift card we had been holding onto since our wedding. Afterwards we went to the men's basketball game. We get in for free with our student IDs. So our date only cost us $13. [11 over our gift card limit and 2 for a drink at the concessions at the game]. It was Brandon's first basketball game. He'd only been to baseball before here at the university.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 11, 2015, 12:39:57 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 10, 2015, 09:04:38 PM
True. Of course, Arkansas country is a much better level of country than those "other" states. :ugly:

Yea ya country bumpkin :ugly:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

And proud of it. :lol:
Welp, I got up early, dropped Chey off, went by the library, went by the bank, grocery shopped, went by the parts store and got the parts to repair Rusty's annoying coolant leak I've been searching for the last 3 months for- finally found- and repaired Rusty. Then I fired up the radio and snagged a couple new countries I hadn't talked to before, one of which is Mali, South Africa. Now, I am fixing to have to shut down the radio and go cook pork chops for dinner. :fork:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 11, 2015, 10:08:59 PM
Welp, I got up early, dropped Chey off, went by the library, went by the bank, grocery shopped, went by the parts store and got the parts to repair Rusty's annoying coolant leak I've been searching for the last 3 months for- finally found- and repaired Rusty. Then I fired up the radio and snagged a couple new countries I hadn't talked to before, one of which is Mali, South Africa. Now, I am fixing to have to shut down the radio and go cook pork chops for dinner. :fork:

Well you got all the basics covered. You're a ham (radio nut)... and you're a turkey  :P ... and you're eating pork.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 11, 2015, 11:15:48 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 11, 2015, 10:08:59 PM

Well you got all the basics covered. You're a ham (radio nut)... and you're a turkey  :P ... and you're eating pork.
:pound: :pound:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on December 12, 2015, 03:37:41 AM
You forgot that he's a cop...so that also makes him a pig!
And more to the point- my wife thinks I'm a beefcake.  :hypocrite: SO there. :P

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 12, 2015, 04:47:23 AM
Beefcake or just full of bull? :hypocrite:
From what I have seen, both. She seems to be aware he's full of bull, but adores him anyway.

His daughter just adores him. She'll learn about the bull in time I guess.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Ive had a headache from hades since thursday night prior to bed. It has gotten progressively worse despite trying everything I know to get rid of it. The neighbor decided she would start singing opera at 9 am this morning  :smirk2: I'm seriously considering asking if there are going to be any apartments available on the top floor on the END come the beginning of Summer so we could MOVE.

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Colossal  cheat going on right now. Chey begged for McDonald's  after church and so did Lou. I  gave in. I  bought a double quarter pounder,  fries and a Dr Pepper.  First of those gut bombs since August,  and no it will not be a habit. Incidentally,  the giant Dr Pepper?  I have barely took two sips. It's way sweet. ..

MsJennJenn

So, so tired. :sleep:

It was a rough night. Couldn't get comfortable. I tossed and turned all night. Kept hearing noises. The wind kept rattling a screen on the outside of one of my windows. Head ached. Neck ached. Breaking in a new pillow.  :smirk2:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

The wind has been blowing hard all night, and still a bit windy today. Back at work, back on the wagon with a salad....:hi:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 14, 2015, 01:47:25 AM
Incidentally,  the giant Dr Pepper?  I have barely took two sips. It's way sweet. ..
Lots of things are incredibly sweet these days, and I don't just mean desserts made in the South. I ate a can of sweet peas the other day that I swear had more sugar added than some pies. It's almost like a concerted effort to make everybody diabetic.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I'm at my second to last day at work study. Work today consist of reading, crocheting, and netflix. Tomorrow is my last day until January 12th.

Lynx

Fried pies!

A lady at work is selling pies for her church. They are as wide as a dinner plate and made with real fruit (not that junk from a can.) And the crust is NOT made from canned biscuits. And they are $2 a piece.

I might possibly have ordered 20 of them, 10 each of apple and peach. Gonna freeze (most of) them.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 15, 2015, 04:54:30 AM
Fried pies!

A lady at work is selling pies for her church. They are as wide as a dinner plate and made with real fruit (not that junk from a can.) And the crust is NOT made from canned biscuits. And they are $2 a piece.

I might possibly have ordered 20 of them, 10 each of apple and peach. Gonna freeze (most of) them.
I hate you.
And in sharing, the Chinese have won this morning. I am draggin'...majorly.   :hi:

Heather

Last day of work study. Another day of crocheting and reading. I need to finish The Hobbit today as I bought 3 new books yesterday. [Some people would call it a problem, but I don't know how that is  :cool:]

Roscoe

One can never have too many books. If I ever win the lottery that I never play, one of the first things I would build onto my house would be a large combination library/study/radio room. And one of the first things I would buy is the complete leather bound Louis L'amour collection. And, of all things, every Janette Oke book written. And all the Little House on the Prairie books. This would compliment my complete collection of John Grisham and Patricia Cornwell books. I have eclectic tastes. :lol:  And before I get bashed for the Christian love stories, My mama collected them. And being a book worm, they were there, thus I read them- and surprisingly enjoyed the plots. Now I have all of Mama's books, and yes, I still read them. And I still get caught up in them too. And if anyone wants to poke fun about my book tastes, I carry a gun, and am very good with it. :-)