News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Unfortunately Isaac's still a bit flighty in Sharing 490

Started by Lynx, December 21, 2013, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 08, 2014, 05:05:45 AM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 08, 2014, 12:08:22 AM
Today is the kind of day you start thinking maybe you should have stayed in bed.  Not that it was a hectic day, or a strenuous day or a very hard day... but it wasn't a very productive day.  Furnace line 2 wouldn't come on line because the nitrogen was frozen in the pipes.  Furnace line 1 kept going down because the coolant system's water return was frozen in the pipe. 

Nitrogen freezing?  That doesn't sound right.
Yeah, I know.  I think someone got something backward.  Maybe it was the methanol that froze.  Nitrogen is a gas at a normal atmospheric pressure and at room temperature.  But they said nitrogen, and they (theoretically at least) know more about it than I, and I don't get paid less if they are wrong so I just went along with it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In local news, I woke up more than an hour before the alarm clock was set to go off, with no idea why I was awake.  Then it hit me - I forgot to start the washing machine!  I had not a single clean work shirt.  But I have just enough time to get a load washed, get a shirt and pants dry and get dressed before work.

I lost a good hour of sleep and it wasn't exactly a healing or any sort of major miracle, but thank you Lord.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 08, 2014, 06:40:24 AM
:king: :king: :king: :waving:
:thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:
Back at work. Supposed to be some nasty ice/snow moving in this afternoon. We shall see....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

The Purple Fuzzy

I've had the sniffles and snorts for about 3 days now.  Ready for them to leave.

Melody

That homemade decongestant I shared a long time ago really helps, if you're wanting something different.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 08, 2014, 02:41:26 PM
That homemade decongestant I shared a long time ago really helps, if you're wanting something different.

Homemade? lol this only solidifies your "drug lord" persona.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 08, 2014, 01:42:53 PM
Roscoe has narcalepsy.  Pass it on.  :P
Ummm....no. Now that I have my CPAP machine, I have no such issues... :lol:
Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 08, 2014, 03:24:16 PM

Homemade? lol this only solidifies your "drug lord" persona.
:biglaugh: Need something to Mellow you out? HerbGirl's got it. Need something to wake you up? She has it too...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Your picture looks like you're drunk or fell asleep mid-smile. I went with sleep out of respect. ;).  Oh it's ON now!  :fiestysnap: 

Is that a rum and Coke you have there?  :P

You all are hilarious.  Aspirin came from mold but chamomile tea makes ME weird.  Even though most of you drink black tea leaves. :roll:  Vicks vapor rub might as well be turpentine but fennel seeds (also on pizza) is crazy.  Lol

I think God does it better than man, that's all.  :shrug:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 08, 2014, 05:07:37 PM
Your picture looks like you're drunk or fell asleep mid-smile. I went with sleep out of respect. ;).  Oh it's ON now!  :fiestysnap: 

That is true...he does look drunk.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:pound: :pound:
Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 08, 2014, 05:19:31 PM

That is true...he does look drunk.
:pound: :pound:

Lynx

I've known my share of drunks.  He looks nothing like a drunk.  Drunks look far worse.  Just saying.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Is it on here or FB?

Chseeads

Well it's been colder than cold. 

Thrilled for 30 degrees today. 

Went to church to make sure nothing froze up, all's well.  Cleaned off the walk.

At least we didn't get a ton of snow, we had mostly rain.

The Purple Fuzzy

We had two water lines break in the yard yesterday.

Heather

Packing up to head home for 1 day only to return back here on Friday. Nothing like fighting a 15.5 year old Shih Tzu that doesn't want to take her pills.  :roll: I've been bit more times today than I'd like to admit.

I miss Mel having a cell phone.......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 08, 2014, 06:51:32 PM
Is it on here or FB?

Here.  I don't remember where. A word search should pull it up.  I got it from a book by Sophie Uliano.

taco_harvell

Doctor tomorrow. Pray for a glimmer of good news please!

Helped with food pantry and church tonight. Thankful God gives us strength when we need it because between the two was a bad afternoon I was miserable.

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

Mel misses her phone too.

Dont know when I'm gonna get one. I'm looking into the straight talk galaxyS .

6 people sharing a 3 bdrm mobile home, freezing cold, and 5 of those sharing one bathroom is not exactly the best situation.

At least I don't share a bedroom with anyone...but they say with how badly I talk and yell, NO ONE will share a room with me, so I don't have to worry about that. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Six people there, and five of them share one bathroom?  Where does the other one go?

I used to pick up some church bus kids who lived in a house that had 16 people - and one bathroom.  I never asked to use the restroom there.  Ever.  Talk about scheduling conflicts...  One person with an unscheduled case of the squirts could cause massive kidney failure.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

She has her own bathroom. In her own room. With her own king sized bed.

She owns the whole house, so she is entitled to her own stuff and doesn't have to share with the rest of us. Lol

Donna and Kendall have a double bed in their room, and their daughter Jessica sleeps on a twin bed in their room. It's cramped but works. I sleep in Aaron's room on a twin bed. Room to myself. And Aaron sleeps next door at his uncles house. He was sleeping in the camper but it got too cold. But he lives here during the day...he just sleeps there.

MelodyB

Oh...the "she" who I mentioned is Grandma...she is the elder here and gets the special treatment. I'm sure y'all can relate. She is awesome, another one of my adopted "Granny"s

Roscoe

Hi, Mel! :waving:
And hi, all. Slightly disappointed. We had a pretty good ice situation yesterday evening and the roads were slick as snot, so we cancelled church. This morning, I get up to make a token attempt at going to work, just so I can say I tried, and had every intention of returning to my nice warm bed. Unfortunantely, the rain came in sometime after midnight and melted my ice, so I succeeded in making it to work. Bah. I was already plotting my three day weekend. :pound: