News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

We didnt go fishin. Too cold. We went to game stop and he bought a PSP. LOL

Came back, watched a movie, and then he went home to play his new game.

I just took my meds, so Ill be knocked out soon.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Well. Thus far it is a none event. On the way home yesterday, it started to sleet to beat the band. Bro Wilson called me, and called off church, since our church is on a hill and it was supposed to get bad. It didn't though, and I drove to work dry this morning. They are saying now that it should hit us sometime this a.m., which may make for a cranky, work bound Roscoe...:smirk:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's rainy and cold but not freezing.  I think it got down to 34* last night.  If it would have gotten a little colder, we'd have a mess.

Heather

We've been hanging out right about 30 degrees the last couple days. We're supposed to start getting rain Tuesday then its supposed to turn to sleet and snow Wednesday morning.

It's my day off. Have to go to the dentist later for my 6 month check/cleaning.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

sweet Lord above it's a holidy week and they said snow on the weather report. I just needed some soda from the grocery store. I almost lost an arm just getting that......

I did however find a way to weave up my driveway with dad's car. So instead of it sitting half a mile away [that may be exagerated...] it's sitting in my spot behind the house. I don't want to have to hike to my car in the snow tomorrow morning.

Oh and ETSU called earlier to inform me I have to take the Compass test. It pretty much tells them what all I've forgotten since high school. It's like the ACT for adults. I foresee remedial math in my future but I should be fine on the english/verbal part.

Roscoe

:hi: Morning, all. What a wonderful day! Today and tomorrow, then I'm off for three days, at least one of which will be loaded with food. And when I got up this morning, I discovered the wife had several lays of wax paper with no bake cookies on them on the counter. Yes, some came to work with me.... :lol: Gonna be a good day, if'n I have to pop someone in the head to make it happen..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Yesterday was busy, today will be busier.  I get to clean the church, start some bread making that people requested for their Thanksgiving. I imagine Isaac is probably doing the same.  Then it's packing for tomorrow's jaunt to Tulsa.  I'm feeding the family left overs so they'll be extra thankful at Thanksgiving. ;)

Last night I started training for a new little job. Helping out a quadrapalegic man to bed.  I was expecting most of it. I had to let mom mode kick in at a point though. Makes me respect nurses an awful lot. 

Have a wonderful wknd all!!

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm at work. I have stuff I need to do at home cause folks are coming to my house for Thanksgiving but I guess it'll have to wait.

taco_harvell

It has been confirmed I have 2 kidneys. Awaiting confirmation on a possible third.

MelodyB

taco_harvell

Doctors office called and left a message saying results were negative. Whatever that means. So no third kidney I guess. It also means most likely more test. Sick of test!

MelodyB

I WILL FIND A WAY TO KILL THIS DOG.

I need a needle please, Heather. And I am being serious. Id do it. right now.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

THREE piles of poo on my nice clean rugs...two in my room and one in the bathroom. I just washed the rugs yesterday...had to mop the bathroom twice yesterday cause MOM is peeing on the floor...she is helpless and being pathetic...this morning I stepped in the contents of her diaper insides that came out when she changed it, and all she could say was "sorry".

SHE NEEDS TO GO TO A HOME!!!!

So I had to mop twice yesterday, and now I have to wash the rugs and mop again today cause of her AND the dog! She wont let him out cause she is laying in the bed hopped up on pills, and cant even hold her own pee, and now her dog is doing the same thing. I swear Im gonna run away. Let them destroy everything and live with a nasty urine smelling bathroom if they want. they dont bathe anyway, mom has been peeing in the bed cause she wont get up. IM SICK OF THIS.

:frustrated:

Lynx

Um... what you describe is not a normal situation.  I would agree with your assessment that she needs to be in a home.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

At home. Got chicken in the oven. Playing with the radio, just had an enjoyable chat with a gentleman  who works at a newspaper in Tokyo. I really love my new hobby...

Lynx

New?  How long until it's not a new hobby anymore?
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

She fell two weeks ago at prayer meeting and sprained her wrist, ankle and knee...she claims she cant get out of bed or walk further than the bathroom, well she needs to at least start walking to the bathroom earlier so she doesnt keep messing up my floor!

Both my parents need more assistance than I can give, and neither one will admit it or go into a home. My brothers wont step up and help, and my uncle/pastor wont kick them out of the church apartment...its a lovely situation. Since I dont have a job, Im stuck doing all the stuff they need. I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel cause I was with Allan, but we broke up last week, and I dont think we will be getting back together...(my decision).

There is no hope for me to get out of my situation anytime soon. So here I am, ranting about it.

I havent ranted to yall in awhile so I guess I was due for one. lol

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 26, 2013, 11:17:40 PM
New?  How long until it's not a new hobby anymore?
Until I decide it's an old hobby.  :hypocrite: It's less than a year old, and compared to my "old" hobbies, it IS new.  :P
Quote from: MelodyB on November 26, 2013, 11:23:06 PM
She fell two weeks ago at prayer meeting and sprained her wrist, ankle and knee...she claims she cant get out of bed or walk further than the bathroom, well she needs to at least start walking to the bathroom earlier so she doesnt keep messing up my floor!

Both my parents need more assistance than I can give, and neither one will admit it or go into a home. My brothers wont step up and help, and my uncle/pastor wont kick them out of the church apartment...its a lovely situation. Since I dont have a job, Im stuck doing all the stuff they need. I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel cause I was with Allan, but we broke up last week, and I dont think we will be getting back together...(my decision).

There is no hope for me to get out of my situation anytime soon. So here I am, ranting about it.

I havent ranted to yall in awhile so I guess I was due for one. lol
They gonna get to a point that you CAN'T take care of them, and it seems like that day is fast approaching. When it arrives- and it will- you'll have nothing to regret and can hold your head high as you move on with life. And don't fret the Allan situation....Let God lead you. If it turns out to be Allan, you'll know and it'll be great. If not, God has better things in store, girl. I can't count the number of times I THOUGHT I knew what was best for me, only to discover how far off I was later. God is always faithful, and will provide. Easier to say than live, yes, I know. But true nonetheless.  :great: (in an american sense :P)

MelodyB

Im not fretting the Allan situation. God did bring us together for a reason, I am sure of that, even if it was just for a season. Im ok. I had a bad couple of days when it happened, (last Sunday) (AND it was a mutual breakup, not a mean/mad one either) then I prayed for God to show me some things while we were separated and BOY DID HE EVER!! Im seeing things that I wouldnt have seen if we had not went on our "break". We are friends, we still hang out and do stuff together, but Im about 80% sure at this point that unless some MAJOR changes take place, we will not marry.

It was a wonderful experience that taught me a lot about relationships and love. I dont regret any of it. And I still love him. Hes one of my best friends.

Lynx

Not so bad, as breakups go.  Could have been much worse.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Wow. What a busy few weeks for you, Mel. I'm sorry. You have great spirits about it and glad you know love IS possible for your life.

I'm trying to make homemade Nutella and it's not going my way. Lol

Heather

If my car ever works for more than a few days I'll bring you a pink needle Mel. *HUGS*

Melody

Btw: the quadriplegic man I'm working for isn't near as challenging as what you just described.