Once you go Barack, you never go back

Started by Legendary_roxy_girL, June 17, 2008, 08:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yosemite

while on this subject and NOT trying to be racial, what is the percentage of blacks vrs. whites in prison.

my point is that with so many blacks in prison(if my thought is correct on percentage) and all of that race (practically) voteing for oboma would it be correct in saying the election may be swayed by a more criminal element? i'm not to good with being politically corect and do not wish to offend anyone. i just dont know how to put it any better.
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Legendary_roxy_girL

Quote from: yosemite on July 07, 2008, 05:36:04 PM
while on this subject and NOT trying to be racial, what is the percentage of blacks vrs. whites in prison.

my point is that with so many blacks in prison(if my thought is correct on percentage) and all of that race (practically) voteing for oboma would it be correct in saying the election may be swayed by a more criminal element? i'm not to good with being politically corect and do not wish to offend anyone. i just dont know how to put it any better.

that's funny because the percentage of white men voting for obama back when voting started was higher than black men.

why must everything be a racial thing?
KayV Blog" style="border:0

<!-- SpringWidgets | RSS Reader (#23) | HTML | Generated on 07/21/2008 --><object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowNetworking="all" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" height="336" width="400" id="springwidgets_23" align="middle" data=

yosemite

well mis roxy, there was two questions and none of which were racist.

1 are there more blacks incarcerated than whites

2 would borack get the vote of those who tend to be of a more criminal element.
(lets be honest, if more blacks, or whites are incarcerated surely they have family and freinds who sympathize to their perdicament.)

i stated that i did not want this to be considered as racist. so please, dont jump to conclusions. i feel this is a viable question pertaining to the election.

i havent seen a survey that said there have been more white than black voteing for borack. where do you find that, for the talk shows i listen to and get info from on the web say the oposite.
can we just get past the skin issue? can a white not say anything anymore without it being considered as racial?
My conscience is captive to the Word of God.Thus I cannot and will not recant, for going against my conscience is neither safe nor salutary. I can do no other, here i stand, God help me. Amen      -Martin Luther

Tsalagi

Quotecan a white not say anything anymore without it being considered as racial?

Nope.  That's the whole point of pretending there are "races" - so there's never any shortage of goats...

The Wheel turns...

yosemite

Quote from: Tsalagi on July 09, 2008, 05:26:33 PM
Quotecan a white not say anything anymore without it being considered as racial?

Nope.  That's the whole point of pretending there are "races" - so there's never any shortage of goats...

The Wheel turns...

point taken and agreed!!   *sigh*

BrothaJason

Coke or Pepsi..
CNN or Fox..
Leno or Letterman..
Democrat or Republican..

America Land of the Free...Two choice maximum some restrictions may apply..

All offers valid until complete NWO takeover...No citizenship necessary..See court for details.

titushome

:laughat:

Someone wants us to have the illusion of choice, perhaps?
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

bishopnl

I was watching barelypolitical videos on youtube a while back...they had a spoof on John McCain as a comedian, with a great line...

You know the difference between Miley Cyrus and Barack Obama?

One tours the country singing empty verses to teenage fans...

The other one is a pop singer.

LOL  How true, how true....
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~
- Mark Twain, a Biography

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

bishopnl

Obama's 'emergency' economic plan
By MIKE ALLEN | 8/1/08 9:38 AM EST   

Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) on Friday announced an "Emergency Economic Plan" that would give families a stimulus check of $1,000 each, funded in part by what his presidential campaign calls "windfall profits from Big Oil."

Details are in this six-page policy paper.

The first part of Obama's plan is an emergency energy rebate ($500 to individual workers, $1,000 to families) as soon as this fall.

"This rebate will be enough to offset the increased cost of gas for a working family over the next four months," Obama said. "Or, if you live in a state where it gets very cold in the winter, it will be enough to cover the entire increase in your heating bills. Or you could use the rebate for any of your other bills or even to pay down debt

Separately, Obama's plan includes a $50 billion stimulus package that his campaign claims would save more than 1 million jobs.

Half of the money would go to state governments, which are facing big budget shortfalls, and half would be used for national infrastructure, including replenishing the Highway Trust Fund, rebuilding roads and bridges, and repairing schools.

Obama announced his plan 27 minutes after a Labor Department report showed unemployment hit a four-year high of 5.7 percent in July — the highest rate since March 2004, when it was 5.8 percent.

"We need to do more," Obama said in a statement. "That's why today I'm announcing a two-part emergency plan to help struggling families make ends meet and get our economy back on track.

McCain reacted to the surprisingly dour jobs report with a two-paragraph statement: "Across this country, Americans are hurting and today's job numbers are just the latest reminder of the economic challenges we face. ... Unlike Sen. Obama, I do not believe that raising taxes is the answer to our economic problems. There is no surer way to force jobs overseas than to raise taxes on businesses."

Obama announced his plan for a windfall profits tax on oil companies on June 9 in Raleigh, N.C., as he launched a two-week economic tour after clinching the Democratic nomination.

Friday's proposal says Obama "is proposing to offset the cost of his emergency energy rebates over the next five years by enacting a windfall profits tax on big oil companies."

"Obama simply asks that big oil companies contribute a reasonable share of the windfall profits they receive from high oil prices over the next five years to pay for emergency assistance for families right now," the campaign says.

Source

This is Obama's plan?  Windfall profits taxes?  And when oil companies get higher taxes, what does that do to the price of oil?

So Obama's plan is for the government to take money from the oil companies (who will then make up their loss by raising prices) and give it to families in the form of a $1000 check to help them pay for gasoline costs, or heating their home. 

First, $1000 isn't going to go very far....second, how many people are going to get that big government check and put it in a savings account to be doled out to meet energy costs?  No way.  They're going to take that $1000 and put it towards a new HD TV, or a new I-Phone, or some other ridiculously expensive purchase that they wouldn't otherwise have money for, and then when gas prices shoot back up, they're going to start demanding more action by the government.

And oh yeah, Obama's supporters LEFT Congress today for their summer vacay's without allowing a vote on oil drilling...and chief supporter Nancy Pelosi ordered the C-Span cameras to be turned off and the lights to be dimmed in the House while a half dozen Republicans continued to argue for oil drilling to ease gas prices.  And oh yeah, they (Dems) kicked reporters out of the Speakers Lobby where they traditionally interview lawmakers.

I have to ask, in the current climate, what in the world would make anybody vote for Obama?  The only thing I can possibly think of is either blissful ignorance of the facts, or pure hatred of freedom.  Obama is a liar.  He's a race baiter.  And his supporters in the House and Senate are some of the most despicable, vile scum this side of Mos Eisley.
   :darth:
~Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.~

~There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.~

Sis

Sean Hanity was calling him a Marxist the other night. He took things point by point and showed how he came to that conclusion.

It was mostly about redistributing wealth and government funded health care.

bishopnl

IN essence, the Democratic party platform mimics, in several ways, Marxism.

Btw, here's McCain's new ad...lol...kind of corny, but it is EXACTLY how people view Obama...

Ad Here

I've heard from/met so many people who say "I've never given money to a politician before until Obama" or similar statements.  That's because Obama isn't about substance.  It's not his message that they believe in.  It's this messiah like aura he's draped around himself.  Barack Obama acts less like a candidate for president, and more like a saviour.

What's going to need saving is the country, if he's elected.

Niki

I don't really have a head for politics and understand very little about it. But I wouldn't want the government taking money from one group (business or not) and giving it to another. No matter who the group is or what they've done. Not only because costs would probably increase (as was stated above), but also because it just seems wrong to me. The way I was raised, taking something from someone is stealing. Doesn't matter who you're stealing from. It's still wrong.

I don't know what it is that should be done with oil companies and to help the economy, but there has to be a better option than stealing.
When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.

jdcord

:clap:                             :clap2:

Bravo, Niki!

:great:

Wanda:   Two wrongs don't make a right.
Cosmo:   But three rights make a left,...