News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

In Sharing 492, Have Your Cake And Eat It Too

Started by Chseeads, February 22, 2014, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Bro. Bobby:  I didn't know a car even HAD an alternator light...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Newsman

I briefly dated a woman (in church) who trained coon dogs ... a prized skill in certain country circles. Had we married, the town of 600 I live n would have been too large we would have had to have moved to the country

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on March 31, 2014, 09:02:05 AM
I briefly dated a woman (in church) who trained coon dogs ... a prized skill in certain country circles. Had we married, the town of 600 I live n would have been too large we would have had to have moved to the country
She'd have made a better man of you, ya city slicker.  :P

And I just ebay'd a new Ford OEM altenator for the Lincoln. Parts house wanted $170 for a remanufactored model. I got this one for $85....so the parts house can bite me, the rip offs. :P
Back at work....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

I'm such a girl, and it's annoying sometimes.   The puppy we found a home for... She was still TINY.  The new family left her out in the yard for a few hours alone.  Something attacked her, punctured her lung and she finally died after surgery.   The owner told me that it was $900 vet care. 

Not only is it upsetting, I'm crying like it was our dog for years, but telling me how much their stupid neglect cost them is agitating.  Really?  Leave a tiny puppy outside for hours and then act like taking it to the vet is redeeming?

Yes. Neglect is expensive. 

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on March 31, 2014, 03:18:19 PM
I'm such a girl, and it's annoying sometimes.   The puppy we found a home for... She was still TINY.  The new family left her out in the yard for a few hours alone.  Something attacked her, punctured her lung and she finally died after surgery.   The owner told me that it was $900 vet care. 

Not only is it upsetting, I'm crying like it was our dog for years, but telling me how much their stupid neglect cost them is agitating.  Really?  Leave a tiny puppy outside for hours and then act like taking it to the vet is redeeming?

Yes. Neglect is expensive. 

Oh. my. word.  :cry2:
This kills me!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

The holy war has begun.  Every wasp MUST DIE! 

Every spring, summer and autumn my bedroom is invaded by red wasps.  Almost always one per day, sometimes three or four in a day.  They must die!

Now I wish Adina were here.  I remember her posting something about "Oh mighty wasp hunter."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Protip:  If someone pulls a practical joke today, look at your watch, sigh and say, "Oh yeah, it's April 1st and the fools are out."  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Hmmm....
Morning, all. I'm back at work. They probably gonna cancel my range days, due to the weather we are expecting Wednesday and Thursday...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

I love a good joke. I love to see a good joke. Not mean or rude.  It's only not fun on poor sports.

I have a running joke with the worship leader about playing the tambourine. I think it'd be hilarious if the praise team all brought tambourines and whipped them out at practice like it was the most normal thing in the world.  :biglaugh:

But we won't.  Lol.

Can't stand a spoiled sport. If a person can't take a joke, it makes for a shallow friendship.

Melody

In other news, I guess we'll be paying the fine for not having insurance/Obamacare.   The fine print alone about it then having the authority to do what practitioners believe is best is scary to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised if the shot they say prevents cervical cancer (it doesn't) becomes another mandatory immunization. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Some of the "jokes" I've seen on April 1st are in poor taste.

So some joking is OK but some is just irritating.

MelodyB

Hello peoples.

Im alive.

Been busy working and such. You all may be happy to know that I will be on the platform singing with the praise team starting this Wednesday night, so if you tune in to our live webcast, or even the archives, you can see me. LOL 

Isaac may be the only one who will. www.actlh.com

As for April Fools, I dont have any good jokes or pranks to play on anyone.

Headed to work in a few.

:hi:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on April 01, 2014, 12:46:24 PM
I love a good joke. I love to see a good joke. Not mean or rude.  It's only not fun on poor sports.

But we won't.  Lol. Can't stand a spoiled sport. If a person can't take a joke, it makes for a shallow friendship.

I think this is where the depth of friendship DOES come in. But I don't think it's fair to say if the person can't take the joke, it makes for a shallow friendship....when obviously if they didn't appreciate said joke, then the friendship isn't as deep as you thought. So either you accept the fact they didn't appreciate your joke, and work on deepening the friendship, or move on about your business without giving it, or them a second thought.

I hate surprises. Very much. Only those that are super closest to me. In my inner circle (around 4-5 people) would know that. So if someone not in that circle were to surprise me, I would be upset. Only because I didn't like surprises. Not necessarily at that person. Nor would I consider them shallow. Our friendship just isn't/wasn't at the level for them to know the fact I hate surprises.

If that makes sense.  :question:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

I think "not mean or rude" covers that.  :roll:

What kind of person pranks a person they're not friends with? 

Yes. If a person gets all offended by a light hearted joke that wasn't mean or rude, they are ridiculous.

But then again, I can't even fathom the scenario you present.  I don't go around pranking people so maybe it happens to "pranksters."

Lynx

Jenn:  Makes sense.  A friend of mine from Texas also hates surprises. 

MellowYellow:  I wasn't even thinking about friends when I posted this morning.  I was thinking about the guys at work who will pull pranks on anyone, just to laugh at people.

MelodyB:  I won't be watching it because I currently am forced to subsist on a very slow internet connection, routed through my phone.  Not complaining though, I'm glad my phone can act as a wifi router.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

:roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Ugh.  I have got congestion to beat the band (literally, I can cough enough to cover up any sound any band is playing!) It's not a cold, it's more like allergies, but allergic to what?  The trees haven't started shedding yet.  All we have right now is clover, lots and lots of clover, and I'm not allergic to that.

I'm happy to be alive though.  Think I'll have a slice of cake for breakfast.  Homemade carrot cake with brown sugar.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Absolutely wonderful thunderstorm going on up here.

Jenn, I don't think it's worth us discussing it further, really.  Aside from what you shared that you're sensitive about, we agree.

Jesus could come today.  Thunderstorms always feel majestic and stir up anticipation for some reason.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on April 02, 2014, 11:06:14 AM
Ugh.  I have got congestion to beat the band (literally, I can cough enough to cover up any sound any band is playing!) It's not a cold, it's more like allergies, but allergic to what?  The trees haven't started shedding yet.  All we have right now is clover, lots and lots of clover, and I'm not allergic to that.
Isaac, the guy on the radio said that allergies would be bad this year here because trees usually pollenate in March but because of the crazy weather they are pollenating now at the same time as the plants.  Maybe that's what's happening  there.

Roscoe

:hi: Been super busy today. Range today was not cancelled, which resulted in much work for me. Bro Wilson texted me around lunch to see if I could cover tonight- I had to tell him I didn't know if I could because of the range issues. :-( I HATE not being able to help when I'm needed.
I made it home, so now I'm trying to find something for tonight in case I am still needed..

Newsman

Aye, she would have.

Quote from: Roscoe on March 31, 2014, 11:52:34 AM
Quote from: Newsman on March 31, 2014, 09:02:05 AM
She'd have made a better man of you, ya city slicker.  :P

Melody