News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Another set of kids/grandkids have stopped by. :)

Nelle

Trying to get through the rest of these four days of work so I can go back to my parents' house Friday evening.

Roscoe

Cold, nasty and unpleasant.
In all honesty, I describe the weather AND myself with that description.  :lol:
But mine is due to the weather and trying to not eat everything in sight. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I feel that Bobby lol. The munchies are coming at me hard.

Enjoying my last week of chilling before I officially start the new job!!  :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Hi, I'm Grumpy.

Last day of work before 3 days off.. trying to turn that attitude around.

Also - It's snowing here. Not sticking, but it's snowing.

Roscoe

Hi Grumpy. Me too.
And they say there are snow flurries here too, but since it's above freezing, no sticking. I HATE snow.
Dragging as usual...and pricing plane fare for a brief business trip I might be taking....

The Purple Fuzzy

Thankfully, there's no snow here but still colder than I like. It's up to about 36* now.

Backseat Radio

Its 37° in my part of Indiana which is light jacket weather to us.

3 of my 4 photo lab printers were throwing fits when I got in to work this morning. One needed a new roll of paper and a nozzle clean. One needed the new replacement printer installed. And one needed the fusing unit replaced.

Roscoe

Just walked out of the funeral of a friend of over 20 years. Lots of good memories...lots of laughter. Probably 500 people there. Sadly- not one mention of God. Not one mention of anything to do with the hereafter. My heart hurts, knowing my friend didn't feel God was that important. I treasure the memories of someone who was truly a good man...tempered by the knowledge that there is more than just being good, and  wondering did my life as a Christian ever speak to him?

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:waving:
Saturday night. Wife and kids gone. So quiet. I'm so tired. Me and the recliner...I'll probably be asleep within the hour..

The Purple Fuzzy

Saturday nights ain't what they used to be. ;)

Lynx

Another Saturday night
And I ain't got nobody
I got some money
Cause I just got paid
But how I wish
I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

This year is particularly convenient for me because both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve fall on a Sunday. My days off are Sunday and Wednesday.  :teeth:

I will not deal with the madhouse that my job will be today, but I will be there tomorrow for the single most peaceful day of the entire year - everybody gonna be in bed with hangovers.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on December 31, 2023, 12:12:54 PMAnother Saturday night
And I ain't got nobody
I got some money
Cause I just got paid
But how I wish
I had someone to talk to
I'm in an awful way
I just mentioned this song to hubby yesterday. Lol

Roscoe

Never did hear that song. Lived it though for a few years... :biglaugh:
So, at church all day today. Now, here it is 8:15 pm, and I'm in the recliner. Odds are good I'll be snoozing when 2024 rolls in...

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on January 01, 2024, 02:17:53 AMNever did hear that song. Lived it though for a few years... :biglaugh:
So, at church all day today. Now, here it is 8:15 pm, and I'm in the recliner. Odds are good I'll be snoozing when 2024 rolls in...

Since I live in town, be rudely awakened by midnight fireworks if I go to bed before midnight.

Roscoe

I'm the first to post this year... :biglaugh:
I do NOT wish to go to work tomorrow.  :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Well...yes. Kinda. Last night though, it was stronger. LOL
 Down five lbs.  Started day after Christmas... I may be a grump but I will lose some of this weight again.

Nelle

Back to the grind of work...

Eating mom's peanut butter treats tho. So I'm finding all those pounds you're losing around here, haha.

I have GOT to start the deep cleanse of our home this week(end).

Came home last night from Arkansas. Thankful the smell of skunk is gone from my husband, the dog, and our home, hahaha. They got sprayed on Friday evening after I left for AR. I was SO glad I kept with the plan to leave Friday. I almost had decided to wait until Sat morning. Whew.. lol.

Roscoe

Morning, all.
Plugging along towards the weekend.... fretting about tax season. The first year of being Senior pastor is concluded as of yesterday. It was one year ago yesterday that I got the worse news of my life, when Bro Wilson slipped away. Made it through the day without breaking down, kinda. I had a couple of moments. Lord, I miss that man, his laugh and his wisdom. In retrospect, the church pulled together and has thrived, even registering a small amount of growth, although definitely not as much as I'd like.
And now I have to navigate the tax code- as a bi-vocational pastor, there are many snares awaiting. Thankfully, I have a friend that is an accountant.
I bet I can do what the music may be unable to tonight- get them to shout amen. We've spent the last several weeks going through one of Bro. Raymond Woodward's bible studies, slightly modified as I see fit, called "I will build my church". Really good stuff... Tonight we will conclude it- It's been a couple month series. I've really enjoyed it, and it's given a lot to think about. It's also turned to preaching a couple of times instead of me staying in teaching mode.  :lol:
But first- I gotta get through the day at the job that earns my bread. Bread that I can't eat, 'cause it is so carb-laden. :pound:
But maybe some Church Street ribs and a small salad today.......
Ya'll have a fantastic day!

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm trying to figure out what to eat for lunch. Sometimes it's hard to find anything that sounds good and isn't horrible for you.

Lynx

I think I have developed a two-pack-a-day habit...

I found tins of smoked mussels at the salvage grocery for 49 cents. I bought 40... Then three days later they reloaded so I bought 30 more.

Two tins of smoked mussels is a lot of cottonseed oil in one day, even if you let it drain a bit. But it's delicious!
"Do you sing at church?"