News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Ugrah. At work. The coffee was 1) expensive and 2) ineffective. :pound: How can I laze around all week and get tons of rest, and still drag on the first day back?!?!
 May slip out and drive a couple of drive by home visits- basically make sure the house is still there for a couple of my better offenders.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I've never come back recharged and ready to work my hind end off at work after days off work... I don't know if that's only for people who are just crazy passionate about their jobs or what, haha. It gives me a taste of what it's like to NOT have to go to work... and it usually feels nice, hahaha. But I have bills and whatnot, so I still go back..

@Work. It's finally getting warm enough out that Athena could go with her dad today to work. WOO.

The Purple Fuzzy

Up to 58 here today. Thankful it's out of the teens.

Roscoe

it was, once gain, cold here this morning. 14 degrees. So tired of it. I need my heat!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Back down to 32 atm. About ready for Spring.

MsJennJenn

Soooo ready for spring too. I was on PTO last week. It was nice. Getting up today wasn't as nice. lol
Cold and raining  here today.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

One more day of work then I'm off for a long weekend Wednesday through Sunday. Using some of my PTO time while I can still get it as paid days  off. After February 1 any accumulated PTO time over 80 hours I'd get paid for but not get to take as time off.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been raining all day here. Thankfully not quite as cold.

Roscoe

Been rainy and cold all day. Supposed to warm up this week though. Next weekend, a planned dash to Pickard's anniversary service in Boswell, Ok will be a quick getaway for Lou and I.But lord, I gotta get through the week.

Lynx

I'm still here. Still nothing worth reporting, unless you want to hear about my latest exciting find at the salvage grocery. (It's delicious though.)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Zero sleep last night. I've now been awake 24 hours and it is catching up with me. I will sleep like the dead tonight...

MsJennJenn

This gloom and doom got to go. I need some sunshine.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Still raining. We may need an ark soon.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

My back yard is literally under two inches of water. The ditch that provides drainage away from our field line (over a foot deep) is full, over flowing and can't get rid of the water fast enough.
It is a mess. Fortunately, although over cast, it is not raining today. I went to bed around 8 last night. Slept very soundly and did not wish to get up today...
Have a ton of things to do, not the least of which includes putting the power point for tonight's bible study together. I should've done that last night, but sleep did not allow.

MsJennJenn

Well I almost thought the sun was gonna come out, but it's still trying. No more rain here today not that I've seen.
I didn't sleep well last night cus Adam had to go to Ardmore OK for work yesterday and today. He comes home tonight thank goodness!!! I don't sleep well when he's not here. Which is quite humorous cus I often don't sleep when he is here cus of the snoring LOL  :updown:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I, too, am thankful it's not raining today.

Roscoe

It misted here today, but wound up sunny.
In sharing- I've learned not to put video in my powerpoints. Taught lesson on Oneness last night and numerous in the church were new to the faith and to the concept. I apparently presented it well and they responded. There was one section thought I had a 4 minute video by Bro Johnny James that really spoke to me so I put it in the slide presentation, tested it before church- all good. Got to that point and it wouldn't play. Instead of going on, I figured it would be just a quick button push. Nope. Gave up, but the whole incident rattled me and DESTROYED the flow. I left feeling defeated.
Fortunately, one of the new folks texted me saying "Pastor that was an amazing message. It really cleared up some questions I had".
Thankful. And determined to NOT make that mistake again.
Ready for tomorrow to be over. Looking forward to slipping away with my sweetie, even if it is to a church service. Any time with her is good time. :)

MsJennJenn

Welllpp I spoke too soon. Woke up to it pouring rain today. And still going at 2pm. Sigh.  :noo:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Hi. Been busy...youd never have guessed I am sure.
Went to Texas friday night. Stayed the night, went to a ham radio store and was greatly tempted, then went to oklahoma and enjoyed the company of a brother i had not seen in several yeara. Good time.  Drove back got in the wee hours of the mornong and since I'd already made arrangements, played hooky and slept until 11.
Good friend preached tonight, had 40 plus there, tremendous move of God.
So thankful.

Lynx

I thought you didn't do ham radio stuff any more...
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

My brain suddenly asked me "why can't green beans go in pasta?" I didn't have a good answer.

So yesterday I cut up half a pound of bacon into bits, fried it in the bottom of a big soup pot, then (left the grease IN) added milk, angel hair spaghetti, green beans, a bit of onion powder and basil and cooked the whole mess until the noodles sucked up most of the milk.

I don't know if I should call it bacon spaghetti or genetically modified green bean casserole. But it's good!
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Isaac, I still play with ham radio, just not as active in the hobby as I have been in the past. Life and all that keeps getting in the way. Trying to get Jerm to get active in it again which will cause me to increase my activity...
Fuzz, went to Paris. Then over to Pickard's at Boswell, Oklahoma- he was celebrating 22 years as pastor there.
Twas a good time- it's been somewhere around 14 years since I've been to Boswell.
And yesterday I ran. Had to take a brother in the church to run some errands, check on a commercial ice machine for the church, and did a bit of work on Sam. Decided to run the Model A to town to pick up a headlight- halfway there the old biddy blew a fuse and caused me grief before I got her going again and went home.
Currently fussing about the IRS, calling my tax professional, and praying for miracles. I hate the IRS.... blood sucking leaches.