News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@work. little grouchy. I almost fell back asleep 10 times at least while trying to wake up this morning.

I miss the holiday season spirit some, but routine is going to be nice again.

Roscoe

Me, I'm glad that mess is over. Now if I could get this cold weather gone too, it'd be great! They are talking nasty white stuff in the forecast for the northern area of the state, and we might see some of it. Not a fan. Bring me my summer!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Cold. Snowed. Then melted, rained and sleeted. Totally not a fan..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

I'm at work.

It's cloudy, cold... and no snow or ice yet like these ungrateful Southerners are getting..  LOL

Tomorrow is FINALLY my day off without plans. I really am hoping to be a little productive with laundry, dishes, general cleaning.. BUT not being presentable and not goin anywhere! Plus I think I'll take a nap. LOL.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Indiana is finally getting snow that is sticking around. :clap:

The Purple Fuzzy

Pease keep the snow up there.  :hypocrite:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Backseat Radio

All of our beautiful snow melted before I got off work.  :sadbounce:

Roscoe

They are forecasting extremely cold temperatures this next week, with possible winter weather a couple of days, including this coming weekend. It may cancel my planned week off...I can't drive long distances in winter weather, risking getting stuck somewhere, and won't waste my vacation time.

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

My area is expecting low temperatures in the teens and single digits the end of next week.

Roscoe

They are saying single digits here too....

Went to church. Spent all day there. I'm freezing to death. Thermostat shows 75.... feels more like 35 to me. Maybe I'm getting sick?

Lynx

If the thermostat says 75 and it feels cold, and assuming you are not getting sick, you need more moisture in the air.

Mom keeps a humidifier going and the thermostat at 60 and it feels nice and warm. Her windows are always wet though...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Hi . Still cold here. Got propane, took care of church business, ran Ethan to work, grocery shopped- the smell of weed and body odor is an atrocious combination- and now I have chili in the crockpot. I'm chillin;

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on January 08, 2024, 09:12:41 PMHi . Still cold here. Got propane, took care of church business, ran Ethan to work, grocery shopped- the smell of weed and body odor is an atrocious combination- and now I have chili in the crockpot. I'm chillin;

Cigarette smoke ranks up there on the list of atrocious smells in my book.  Had a customer today that stunk horribly of smoke.

The Purple Fuzzy

I've had two folks that I know pass away in the last couple weeks.

Roscoe

Well, that's not good.
Morning all. I felt 2023 manhandled me until I talked to one of my offenders. HE is one of my good ones, comes in once a year, has been completely rehabilitated...
Since I saw him last year, he 1) lost an adult son to a drug overdose. Had to go through untold amount of red tape to get his body transported 2) had a motorcycle wreck that nearly killed him. 3) after recuperating from the wreck, a few months later began having headaches. Gave up and went to the doctor only to get immediately put in the hospital for brain surgery due to a brain bleed.
Lord. I thought he had his own little thundercloud over him when he came in, and I tried to avoid getting any on me.  :laughhard:
In spite of it all, he was in a good mood and upbeat...
And in other news- I'm grumpy as usual. Hungry, but determined to abide by the diet. And unfortunately, I'm seeing a 90% chance of my trip being cancelled due to weather. They are holding strong on the conviction that we will see single digits and winter weather this weekend...

Roscoe

Morning all. A brisk 25 degrees here this morning. Only 50 degrees off from my preferred temperature. :pound:

Backseat Radio

33 degrees here in Indiana. We go into the deep freeze this weekend and next week with temperatures below zero.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Backseat Radio on January 10, 2024, 02:29:02 PM33 degrees here in Indiana. We go into the deep freeze this weekend and next week with temperatures below zero.
:'(

MsJennJenn

Hi all - haven't been around work computer much, and then I forgot to transfer the Godplace link to the new computer lol....

Starting to doing lots of shadowing on new job this week. The shadowing is def. going to set me up for success I think when the official training class comes. I'm excited.

Weather app keeps saying snow/sleet  here but it's Texas so who knows. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

The church media team leader is sick today so I got asked to run ProPresenter for the service tonight since he's stuck at home.

Roscoe

Our Walmart is very keto friendly. As in, they have no bread to sell. :laughhard:  What is it about the south? People hear snow and rush to buy milk, bread and eggs. And I've never heard one person look at snow and say, "man that makes me want french toast!" :lol:
Taught bible study tonight. At home...dreading tomorrow.. :pound:

Backseat Radio

Makes me curious if snow storm forecasts clean out the bread in the freezer department too. I'll have to check next time major snow is forecasted for here.