News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on March 08, 2022, 02:58:42 PMI'm also getting tired of everyone getting admonished for complaining about gas prices. I can be frustrated about things happening that negatively affect me here at home AND also be concerned/prayerful for Ukraine people. I'm so tired of everyone popping into everyone's feed "judging" every little action or word we have. It's possible for me to be concerned about my situation and at the very same time, feel for and pray for and be concerned for someone else in a much worse situation. I'm not sure why we seem to believe they are mutually exclusive. Does it seem insignificant in light of others losing their lives? Yes. But it still concerns my life too. It may not be popular opinion, and maybe I shouldn't have ranted.. but.. it's what I feel and I shared it.
Judging people have led to an odd self-defense habit though...

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on March 09, 2022, 02:21:12 AM:hi:
Been a long day. I actually called in yesterday and felt like doing so today. I went in because I had intakes to do and court in another county. It was business all day, then I didn't get in from court until 630.
 Lou had an interesting day too. Their bank was the target of an attempted robbery. Lou and another teller's quick thinking got the police there very quickly and let to the capture of the robber before he could even leave the bank. Thankfully, there were no injuries.

And in regards to the snow- I'm done with it. Times 100. And in regards to gas- same. Done with it too. This is very not good. I told Lou, half laughing, that it's my fault. I bought a motorhome after wanting one for 20 years, so of COURSE gas will rise to levels unheard of. The furthest I'll be able to go is to Petit Jean. And ironically, even that short trip will cost me the better part of $100. And that's without leaving the county.
In blessings/thankfulness- the state is giving officers, myself included, a $5,000 bonus. It'll be July first before we get it, but I'll be thankful to receive it. That, coupled with my raise they gave, then took back to give again, will make a nice little bit for the savings account and remodel project.

First, glad Lou is ok!

Speaking of remodeling, I'm on day 9000 of one.  I've heard about projects snowballing...but dear lawd.

Let's see if I can make sense of this:

1) The gas line running into my fireplace rusted.

2)  I get the gas line replaced, and they cut a patch in the wall to access the gas valve.

3) Wall is patched, now it needs repainting.

4) We decide on colors and decide to paint down the halls too.

5) Before we paint the halls, I decide to redo the hall closet and closets in each room.  The closets were really badly designed and needed a major update.  My son had basically a coat closet, I had a small closet, and my daughter had a coat closet and walk-in closet.  Luckily the hallway coat closet and my son's closet shared a wall, so we closed off the coat closet and opened his up.  And my closet and my daughter's coat closet shared a wall too.  We doubled the space in my closet.

6) Bedrooms get painted.  <We are at this step now...

7) Bedrooms get new carpet.

8) Closets get finished out.

9) Hall and living room get painted.

10) Kitchen and dining room get remodeled completely.

And who knows what else?

All because I decided to get the gas line working on the fireplace...

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Whew... talk about a snowball! LOL.. It'll be GREAT once it's finished though. Keep your eyes on the prize! hahaha..

@Work. Eating a bagel w/ strawberry cream cheese. Dreaming of being back in bed asleep. I need the cloudy/dreary days to go. I don't mind rainy days.. but at least make the sun shine. Those two days of glorious weather temperature-wise this past weekend really ruined the blah days, haha.

Roscoe

I know what ya mean Mini- I started six years ago by replacing a piece of wet carpet with Tile. There is no end in sight. Lou still wants-
1) laundry room/master bedroom suite completed (working on this- it's a BIG project I'll have half the price of the house in)
2) kitchen cabinets repainted and new counter tops
3) new tile in the bathroom
 And that's bare minimum.
I also NEED-
4) finish insulating the shop
5) build three carports
6) hire a dumpster and throw out 17 years of accumulated junk.
7) build patio with outdoor kitchen and POSSIBLY a "stock-tank pool/hot tub"- look those up they are really cool.

And all that is in addition to my annual landscaping and flower purchase. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: mini on March 09, 2022, 01:28:49 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on March 09, 2022, 02:21:12 AM:hi:
Been a long day. I actually called in yesterday and felt like doing so today. I went in because I had intakes to do and court in another county. It was business all day, then I didn't get in from court until 630.
 Lou had an interesting day too. Their bank was the target of an attempted robbery. Lou and another teller's quick thinking got the police there very quickly and let to the capture of the robber before he could even leave the bank. Thankfully, there were no injuries.

And in regards to the snow- I'm done with it. Times 100. And in regards to gas- same. Done with it too. This is very not good. I told Lou, half laughing, that it's my fault. I bought a motorhome after wanting one for 20 years, so of COURSE gas will rise to levels unheard of. The furthest I'll be able to go is to Petit Jean. And ironically, even that short trip will cost me the better part of $100. And that's without leaving the county.
In blessings/thankfulness- the state is giving officers, myself included, a $5,000 bonus. It'll be July first before we get it, but I'll be thankful to receive it. That, coupled with my raise they gave, then took back to give again, will make a nice little bit for the savings account and remodel project.

First, glad Lou is ok!

Speaking of remodeling, I'm on day 9000 of one.  I've heard about projects snowballing...but dear lawd.

Let's see if I can make sense of this:

1) The gas line running into my fireplace rusted.

2)  I get the gas line replaced, and they cut a patch in the wall to access the gas valve.

3) Wall is patched, now it needs repainting.

4) We decide on colors and decide to paint down the halls too.

5) Before we paint the halls, I decide to redo the hall closet and closets in each room.  The closets were really badly designed and needed a major update.  My son had basically a coat closet, I had a small closet, and my daughter had a coat closet and walk-in closet.  Luckily the hallway coat closet and my son's closet shared a wall, so we closed off the coat closet and opened his up.  And my closet and my daughter's coat closet shared a wall too.  We doubled the space in my closet.

6) Bedrooms get painted.  <We are at this step now...

7) Bedrooms get new carpet.

8) Closets get finished out.

9) Hall and living room get painted.

10) Kitchen and dining room get remodeled completely.

And who knows what else?

All because I decided to get the gas line working on the fireplace...

You haven't said anything about your wife, so this is just a hunch, but I get the feeling a woman was pushing the snowball.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi:
Ole Mini has only himself to blame for his remodeling. Sis. Michel's remodeling involved gold streets and  she probably has made acquaintances with my Mama. At least I hope she has. My mama and she would have gotten along fabulously in this world and I hope they are enjoying friendship in Heaven.
Me- my snowball is being pushed down the hill with me inside, by Lou. :laughhard:

Morning all. Back at work. Got a bit of brain fog going today. Hoping that the blueberry pie I got from Mcdonald's that I didn't need will remedy that. :ugly:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Looks like mini is going to get someone else to keep him in line before long...

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 10, 2022, 05:33:52 PMLooks like mini is going to get someone else to keep him in line before long...
I wouldn't  want to spread rumors, but said someone else is a lady of amazing charm and is as full of pranks as he is. Only flaw I can see from the outside looking in is she has dreadful taste in men. She's with him- and actually speaks to me and pretends to like me as a friend.

Nelle

She's an absolute angel... before him and especially for loving him, LOL. In the past, I've often wished I had another brother or cousin or someone that would scoop her up. Love her! I thought at one point "that would be a cute pair," but I didn't even realize it was in the works then! I couldn't have been happier when I saw.. :)

@Work. When am I not needing a nap?

I have two possible recipes for this evening's meal.. one involves artichoke heart and chicken, and the other involves pasta and chicken. I'm unsure yet which will happen! haha..

mini

Oh lort.

:blush:

So anyway...yes.

Thank you Nelle.  She thinks highly of you too.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Backseat Radio

Good morning. I'm sitting at a hotel in Kentucky this morning. Took my mom on a 6 hour road trip to be part of a surprise birthday party for her mom's 84th birthday. My aunts and uncles arranged the party and got my Grandma to the hotel without her putting 2 and 2 together to realize what we was up to.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on March 10, 2022, 05:27:19 PMHoping that the blueberry pie I got from Mcdonald's that I didn't need will remedy that. :ugly:

I am OBSESSED with those blueberry creme pies right now lol. They're so good.

And wait mini has a gf?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 11, 2022, 05:33:20 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on March 10, 2022, 05:27:19 PMHoping that the blueberry pie I got from Mcdonald's that I didn't need will remedy that. :ugly:

I am OBSESSED with those blueberry creme pies right now lol. They're so good.

And wait mini has a gf?
Better than that. A fiancé.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 11, 2022, 07:25:00 PM:eek!:
Jenn, she is sweet as can be. Lou and I were privileged to meet her a few months ago. My thoughts are if you can't like her you gonna split the pit. :laughhard:

In sharing- started at 40 ish degrees this morning. Now low 30s and falling, windy, and snow is pouring down just to my west, and will be here within the hour. NOT. A. FAN.

Nelle

It's snowing AND sticking here. What!!

@Work. I have an oil change appointment at 4pm, so I'm gonna leave here at closing time and head on down. Crossing my fingers they get it done quick so I can get home before everything is supposed to get dangerous haha. It is what it is!

Really need a nap.. have I mentioned that lately? LOL.. I'm hoping my iron levels haven't dipped again.

Backseat Radio

Mom and I made it safely back to our part of Indiana last night. The trip back was uneventful until we got near Columbus Indiana.  Thats where we got into nearly whiteout snow conditions for a while.  Thankfully the snow wasn't sticking on the roadway, so it wasn't slick.

I'm headed to one of the bigger Walmart's in the Fort Wayne area to try to get lamb chops for my family.  The small-town Walmart's around here don't seem to know what lamb is and I'm tired of beef, pork, and chicken.

The Purple Fuzzy

Glad you made it home safe, Tia.

Sometimes Aldi has lamb...

Roscoe

I don't know that I've ever had lamb...
Well, we got around 5 inches of the nasty white stuff. Roads stayed pretty clear though. Only issue I have is my shop heat is not adequate for me to be out there. :pound:
Got up and made French toast and sausage for breakfast. Probably not going to do much today.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on March 11, 2022, 07:47:39 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 11, 2022, 07:25:00 PM:eek!:
Jenn, she is sweet as can be. Lou and I were privileged to meet her a few months ago. My thoughts are if you can't like her you gonna split the pit. :laughhard:

It would be interesting to see such a person working here. I have some coworkers who have never met a person they couldn't dislike.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 12, 2022, 02:14:12 PMGlad you made it home safe, Tia.

Sometimes Aldi has lamb...

since you mentioned Aldi I checked their website to see what the ones here have.  Unfortunately all they have is pre seasoned lamb.

Roscoe

:hi: Today was decent, but a bit cold. Went to church and preached for the first time in nearly a month. Way things had worked out, I've had a visiting preacher, or other programs, rendering me a nice little break. Good service, good response. Then went to one of the few local restaurants, Colton's. A bit irritated- it took them 45 minutes to get us a table and they really weren't busy, then another 45 minutes to get food coming. Long story short, nearly two hours at the restaurant.
 Stopped and put gas in the Corvette. That hurt- it took premium which was $4.50 a gallon. It won't be on the road a lot. LOL.
Back to work tomorrow. Ready for the weather to get decent...

Roscoe

And- back at work. Overcast and gloomy. Bah.

Nelle

At a gas station up here the other day, the Premium was cheaper than the unleaded. I was so confused.. I probably should've said something to the attendants inside. I use the regular unleaded, but I was almost tempted hahaha.

@Work. Eating lunch. Saved the leftover meat off the HUGE Arby's sandwich and created another sandwich. I have enough for one more. That and a baked potato.. it'll do! :)

Church was good yesterday despite feeling like I had been hit by a truck and robbed of an hour of sleep plus some, haha. We had a wedding shower for the couple that just got married. It was so busy with family showers and all before the wedding that there wasn't time to have the church one. So we had that PLUS a potluck. Good food, good people, good day.

It's sunny here today, supposed to get to 60°.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's beautiful and 73* here today but supposed to get severe storms tonight.