News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Man, I'm jealous of the pretty weather. Not cold here, probably mid 50s, but it's been just- dreary. Probably best though- if it had been 70 and sunny, I'd have been wailing about being stuck inside. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Weather is nice enough here I went for a walk after work

The Purple Fuzzy

We are in the middle of a severe thunderstorm.

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. Tried to go to bed early last night. Colossal fail. Dozed off, slept for maybe an hour before awakening. Unable to go back to sleep despite prayer and bible reading until 2 am. Rain storm came through around 1 am. Now, it's raining off and on here today.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work. Came in late due to not feeling well again. Lovely acid reflux and adulthood. I want to eat what I want!

Also feeling a nap, but I can't have one. The time change is affecting me oddly this time. I was sleepy and then when I actually went to bed - eyes wide awake. Obviously still not enjoying the darkness when I wake up. BUT the daylight at the end of the day is going to be exquisite.

MsJennJenn

We had a thunderstorm last night also.

All sunny and bright today though. Hopefully we've seen the last of winter.

And after catching up in this thread now I want an Arby's sandwich.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

We recently got an Arby's somewhat near me and I recently discovered their fish sandwiches are awesome! They beat McDonald's fish sandwiches by about six miles.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Nelle

When Arby's has their hawaiian bread option for their sandwiches... so good.

It's supposed to get to about 66° today. I got chilled here at work and turned my personal heater on. They have turned the a/c on at work today too. Not sure if it was on earlier and that's why I got chilled or what, haha.

The Purple Fuzzy

I get to see Dina & kiddos this week. It's been a while since they got to come. I'm thinking I'll get to see Chel,too.

MsJennJenn

I did indeed get that Arby's sandwich for dinner lol.

and I could eat Hawaiian bread for breakfast lunch and dinner. So yummy.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Beautiful day out today. Wound up taking dear Daisy-dog to the vet yesterday. Allergies were affecting the little thing badly. Two shots later and she's good as new.
Got church tonight. Edging closer to the weekend.

The Purple Fuzzy

I got to see Chel for a few minutes today.

Roscoe

Ugh. McDonald's iced mocha is strong enough to lift a truck. Still failing at getting me jumpstarted. Majorly dragging this morning...

MsJennJenn

I feel that. I've been dragging too. zzz
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

So far today- Lost temper at least twice, although others didn't know it. Was encouraged by a call from a friend that may possibly result in her coming to our church.  Answered the call of nature, and manage to trip - in a 4 foot square pink tiled bathroom none the less- and nearly knocked myself out on the towel rack.
 So- how's YOUR day going? :lol:

Backseat Radio

Today is my day off.  Got my teeth cleaned this morning.  Then I made a batch of crock pot black beans and rice to try.

Lynx

I'm running a special today, punch-for-a-pinch. To get in on this limited-time offer, just pinch me for not wearing green. I will happily serve up your punch, with alacrity and enthusiasm.

No, not that kind of punch. Put your glass down. You can't drink this punch... Though you can eat it, if I aim it at your mouth.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

@Work. Sleepy. Driving to work in the full dark is weird and I'm not fond of it. Especially since there will be no "sunny afternoon" due to stormy weather.

We had our 10th anniversary yesterday and celebrated with Japanese take-home food! It was delicious. I will be eating leftovers this evening I believe.

MsJennJenn

I woke up to gloomy and clouds. But the sun came out in full force and I am happy.
It could be warmer but it'll pick back up by tomorrow.

I'm just sitting at my desk wasting payroll... bahaha...
Happy Friday!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Its been a busy day for me.  Helped my department manager scan out boxes of movies to sent back to our warehouse.  The big news around here has been the Walmart Distribution Center fire in Plainfield, Indiana. It was bad enough that firefighters were struggling to control the blaze. Total loss of the building and merchandise inside.  Thankfully all the associates that were working that day made it out safely.

Roscoe

Wowser.

Hi. Spent yesterday in the foreign land to the west of me, totally dependent on Mini's sense of direction and navigation skills. Made it home about 7ish. Gotta go to church in a bit, and I am dragging....

The Purple Fuzzy

You doing ok, Roscoe? Hubby was reading something about a shooting at a car show in Arkansas.

Roscoe

:hi:
Yeah, the car show shooting was in Dumas, down in South Arkansas. Glad I wasn't there; but truthfully the only car show I usually go to is Petit Jean's swap meet. I tend to drive my stuff more. And as an added bonus, I was in the land of Indian Territory Saturday. :lol:
Back at work this morn. Ready to get the next three days past and enjoy a few days off.

Lynx

You made it out alive! Seems mini's sense of direction was up to the task.
"Do you sing at church?"