News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Children's Revival last night, tonight and tomorrow morning.  More adults than kids there last night, but it was a good service.  Grandma went, and said she's going again tonight. 

Bro. Robert, the little blond haired boy I mentioned before (the Camper Of The Year :D ) read a bible verse last night.  He was so nervous about it, but he did well.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on June 28, 2014, 05:03:12 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 28, 2014, 02:36:21 AM
Wowser. No one talking... :sadbounce:
My sharing for the day- received a call telling me that the job I had originally applied for had been posted and to put in for it, so I tried that- we'll see what God does....went to town and grocery shopped, went by and visited Mama, whose 70th birthday was today. Somehow, seeing her today  lying in that nursing home bed, not knowing anyone, plus everything else piled up on me today, and I spiraled into one of my bouts of depression that I sometimes struggle with. Spent the day wanting to cry, and finally gave up and called Kim, who went on a hour plus long ride with me in Rusty, and talked me through it.
I feel really sorry for someone who struggles with depression daily and doesn't have God or friends to help them through it. I manage to keep my bouts relatively hidden and simply pull back to myself most often, and thankfully they are infrequent.
And now that I've bared my soul, someone else needs to post. :P

I can't seem to enjoy anything about life.  There's always a dark cloud of gloom over it all for me.  Everybody getting old and sick.  Too much to do.  I don't even enjoy the things that I do like, too many troubles with them.  I enjoy being asleep and unconscious where I don't have to think about anything.
I find that I have to make myself have a positive outlook....sometimes it's harder than others, but I am determined to enjoy life to the best of my ability. I also think some of the depression we deal with is a chemical imbalance. Doesn't mean I think everyone should be zoned out on pills, but in some cases, I think it's a medical condition.
I had to cut contact with some people too.....not completely, not in a bad way, but just politely distance myself. I found when I was around people who are always negative, I too became negative- and depressed.
Even with everything I am doing to be positive and upbeat, I still have problems in crowds. More than a handful of people really bothers me, although I try to hide it. So I understand where you are, Cheesehead.  :P

Apparently, I have been fairly successful at hiding my issues. I've had a couple of friends who I've told of my difficulties tell me they had no clue. In 2010, when I was at the point of doing something REALLY stupid, most of my closest companions had no idea everything wasn't perfect. After I preached a message recently and spoke of how God delivered me, some of the folks listening came up after service and told me they had had NO clue I was anything but on top of the world happy at that time. And these are people that have literally known me all my life.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I  can't give advice or even say I know how you feel because I'm usually fairly happy.  Fairly quiet in a crowd, but fairly happy.  Or at least content. 

You're right Bro. Bobby about who you hang around with, or more broadly what influences you choose.  I hung out in a chatroom of people who use the same digital audio workstation I use (yeah, it's that popular, it needs its own help-chat) and I found myself getting the attitude most of them had, which was rather worldly.  I once spent some time watching some youtube videos of a cartoon character named Foamy (if you don't know, don't bother looking it up) who was a wise-cracking, smart alec character, and I noticed I was getting cynical and more smart-alec myself.  I feel much better when I hang around christians.

That's why I had to have music playing at all times where I used to work.  Too many complainers, downers and just plain grumps there.  I needed positive music to screen out, or at least mitigate their general grumpiness. My current coworkers are mostly more upbeat. :)
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

I don't hang around much of anybody, very much at least...

Just myself all the time....so I guess that's my problem.  I need to quit hanging around me. :P

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:stupid: And unfortunantly, I'm not there. I'm at work. :pound: Don't feel good, and it's a cloudy gloomy day, although it is supposed to clear off later.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And when I typed  :stupid: I was referring to the Fuzzy Beast. Isaac snuck in before I got my thought finished. :pound:  Although :stupid: is appropriate for him too. :hypocrite:

Lynx

Thanks, I'll remember that next time I do some baking. :P
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 29, 2014, 01:18:00 PM
Thanks, I'll remember that next time I do some baking. :P
Now, brother, let us not be hasty....let us come reason together... :fork: :hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Chseeads

Lynx

I suspect the reason for you wanting to reason together.   :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 29, 2014, 06:35:22 PM
I suspect the reason for you wanting to reason together.   :roll:
Where's the smilie for "hurt feelings"? :sadbounce:
I can't believe you question my intentions.  :hypocrite:

And in sharing, I heard an extremely loud scream from the back yard this evening. I ran to investigate, and discovered Chey had been stung by an angry red wasp that had apparently commandeered her swingset. It got her just under the right jaw, on the neck. I, of course, freaked out thinking the worse- I could just see her going into anaphlatic shock- but scooped her up and done what my mama had always done. Prayed, then an ice cube wrapped in a rag for the swelling, alternated with a piece of raw potato and a piece of onion to draw the poison and pain out. Then, after reading online that a dose of benadryl (antihistamine) was useful, I gave her a dose of that.
Now I'll be up several times through the night, checking on her because I inheirated Mama's worrying gene when it comes to my kiddo.  :sadbounce:

Lynx

Red wasps.  Ugh.  Red ones sting without provocation.  Red wasps also find their way into my bedroom all through the spring, summer and fall.  Sometimes three in one day. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Well. I slept better than I thought- Chey was showing no ill effects within a couple of hours, and Lou slept with her in the guest room just to keep an eye on her. they were snoozing with no issues when I left. :smirk:
Tonight on the way home, I'll stop and pick up some wasp spray, and we'll show that hussy of a wasp what it means to be figuratively set on fire. Teach it to sting MY little one...... And I'm back at work, where we are in a called "short session" for the next three days, so these idiots can patch problems by our public school system regarding teacher's insurance. Their "fix" is to jack the rest of the state employees ' insurance rates, including mine, by 7%, among other things. The fat crooks....

Lynx

Three statements, all directed at Bobby: 

Takes them three days to decide to do what they already know they are going to do?

If you go to McDonald's, ask them for a Dr. Pepper with six shots of cream in it (for a medium size drink cup.)  If you want it really foamy ask them to put the cream in first.  If you don't want any foam ask them to put the cream in last.  McD's uses REAL CREAM in their coffee, and if you put it in Dr. Pepper it tastes almost exactly like a root beer float.  I mention this to you because you are a Dr. Pepper addict.

What do you guard when the state senate is not in session?  Does the job get really boring or are they always up to something there?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 30, 2014, 12:29:32 PM
Three statements, all directed at Bobby: 

Takes them three days to decide to do what they already know they are going to do?

If you go to McDonald's, ask them for a Dr. Pepper with six shots of cream in it (for a medium size drink cup.)  If you want it really foamy ask them to put the cream in first.  If you don't want any foam ask them to put the cream in last.  McD's uses REAL CREAM in their coffee, and if you put it in Dr. Pepper it tastes almost exactly like a root beer float.  I mention this to you because you are a Dr. Pepper addict.

What do you guard when the state senate is not in session?  Does the job get really boring or are they always up to something there?
3 days cause it's state law they HAVE to be in session that long. I'll have to try the Dr Pepper thing....and there is always something to guard. Different committees meet year round and the constitutional offices are all here too. And yes it is boring.

MsJennJenn

I think that sounds gross. I already don't really like Dr P...but to add cream to it?  :ignore:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

I do like DP, but don't drink it anymore of course.

I'm tarred.

My get up and go got up and left a long, long, long time ago.

Dad doesn't feel good today, his leg or old hernia scar or something hurts.  And he just acts droopy.  It's always unnerving whenever he acts bad.  He has "good" days and bad days. 

Sigh.

The old gray mares ain't what they used to be.

MsJennJenn

I like root beer, and cream soda...but not dr p. haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Anyone who doesn't like Dr Pepper HAS to be a communist. Or worse. That is a gift from God....And one of the best drinks I have ever had was a Sonic drive in special- Dr Pepper with real cherry and a shot of their vanilla shake mix which they called "Real Cream". It's a fat boy's crack cocaine.......
And Mini and Mel both tried it and got hooked too. :fork:
I came in tonight, killed the wasp that stung my darlin', pinched the ever-livin' loo outta my hand while removing one ham antenna and mounting another, then came inside to relax. Now, if I can get through the next three days...weekend again! :clap:

Lynx

Then you're bound to like McDonald's cream in dr. pepper.  Sorry, no cherry flavor. 

And I should mention that you don't want to try cream in any of the other soft drinks.  It curdles.  Something about acid in the flavorings for sprite, coke, etc. It only works with dr. pepper.  It would work with root beer as well, but McD's doesn't serve that.
"Do you sing at church?"