News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

That would be me. I can't stand bell pepper and I don't do spicy. I'm not very adventurous on food.

Quote from: Lynx on November 11, 2023, 08:29:52 PMWell... except if you make homemade pimento cheese for a church dinner or something. Some folks are allergic to unexpected things on the dinner table. Gotta do the same old boring thing every time or they come unglued - don't use cream cheese or pureed bell pepper in the deviled eggs, don't sweeten the tea with honey, for heaven's sake don't try anything new. But I wouldn't take this stuff to a church dinner.

Roscoe

Shew. Chey's senoir pics took most of today. I'm whupped. Gotta gwt aonething together for tomorrow..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 11, 2023, 09:03:47 PMThat would be me. I can't stand bell pepper and I don't do spicy. I'm not very adventurous on food.

Quote from: Lynx on November 11, 2023, 08:29:52 PMWell... except if you make homemade pimento cheese for a church dinner or something. Some folks are allergic to unexpected things on the dinner table. Gotta do the same old boring thing every time or they come unglued - don't use cream cheese or pureed bell pepper in the deviled eggs, don't sweeten the tea with honey, for heaven's sake don't try anything new. But I wouldn't take this stuff to a church dinner.
I'm pretty sure you're too nice to come unglued about it though.

But, point taken.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Nope, I'd just not eat it. I'm picky on whose food I'd eat anyway. I need to know who made it, ;)

MsJennJenn

I'd eat anything Sandra makes but prob not Lynx LOL his foods be crazy :hypocrite:

The Aetna req opened today!!! Here's to hoping the offer comes soon!!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

:bigcheese: That's funny, Jenn, but I understand. I'd want ingredient info from Isaac.  :freaky2:

Lynx

I'll have you know, I brought chocolate chip cookies to church ONCE and the pastor asked multiple times if I was bringing cookies for the fall festival. So there!  :nono:

But at home, at a family dinner... Yeah, probably better ask what's in it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi:
I'm adventuresome  with food to an extent. If it looks good and smells good, I'll probably try it. But I am a texture person so that could derail me.
Did very little today- a bit of work at the church, took the daughter and her ensemble to Hobby Lobby...where I found a small metal truck that looked like Rusty, so it came home with me along with some Christmas present decorations and a small (8 inch or so) Christmas tree that will go in the bed of it,,...oh, and a exactly the right size Grinch doll to sit looking out the window. All this will go on top of the mailbox, as if ol' Grinchee is haulin' them off.  It made my inner Grinch laugh. I'm "decorating" AND showing my grinchiness...
Back to work tomorrow...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on November 14, 2023, 12:18:02 AMI'll have you know, I brought chocolate chip cookies to church ONCE and the pastor asked multiple times if I was bringing cookies for the fall festival. So there!  :nono:

But at home, at a family dinner... Yeah, probably better ask what's in it.
Now, chocolate chip cookies sound good. :fork:

Roscoe

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on November 14, 2023, 01:26:17 PM:hi:
Work. Bah. So over being poor.  :laughhard:

Samesssss... sigh
Read a meme that said "what's your dream job. What? No, I don't dream of working." LOL
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

I ended my vacation a day early. Just got bored.

If that's all the peace and quiet I can stand, retirement might really stink...
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Vacation is about doing things you enjoy. Sometimes that is just resting, other times it is DOING something.

Lynx

Oh I did enjoy it for about six days. Then I started getting antsy.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Good morning. Work. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. Let's see how it goes...

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm just not a morning person. That is all.

Nelle

Work.

I went to bed early last night and managed to not sleep well, haha. The air has been SO dry. Hopefully the humidifier running today and tonight will help me out. At least Monday evening I could get my ear situation handled. I can hear again! lol

Church tonight.

I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 15, 2023, 01:06:53 PMGood morning. Work. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. Let's see how it goes...
We can fix that.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Backseat Radio

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 15, 2023, 03:04:41 PMI'm just not a morning person. That is all.

I'm not a morning person either, but I seem to have a bad habit of signing up for things that make me get out of bed early. I have the 7AM shift now at my job. I'm also on the church media team which means getting to church around 8:30AM, even though church doesn't start till 10AM.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Nelle on November 15, 2023, 04:01:15 PMI can't believe next week is Thanksgiving.
I know. It's crazy. I have so much to do before the kids get here.

Backseat Radio

The past few months at church we've been talking about restoration and prodigals coming home. Sunday we had an amazing service focused on breaking the chains of addiction.  Tonight Pastor introduced a new text message devotional series talking about living in the freedom God has given us.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzsKv52sYHR/?igshid=ODhhZWM5NmIwOQ==

Roscoe

Morning.
BSR, that looks like a tremendous idea...
Been putting out fires figuratively and trusting God. Ready for Thanksgiving vacation.

The Purple Fuzzy

We've got a brisket cooking. Trying to get a head start since company will be here early next week.

Roscoe

Morning. I'm dragging, as usual. It is Friday, thank the lord.  Off to do home visits today..