News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on July 08, 2014, 11:46:00 AM
I'm back at work, a little ticked off. I'd packed left-overs- steak, grilled corn on the cob, and baked potato for lunch. Then I drove off and left it sitting on the kitchen counter. :pound: Duh.
That sounds good even this early.

MelodyB

Since I'm at Winn-Dixie now and the make us take a 30min meal break, I am finding it is cheaper to bring something to eat...problem is, I don't know what I want before I leave and sometimes I don't want what I pack when it becomes time to eat. :-/

I used to having jobs where the bosses don't really care and we didn't get breaks. Especially 30 minutes! That's a long time! So it's weird to me to adjust to that.

I'd kinda rather not get a break sometimes though, cause if I work straight through, it keeps me from eating, and when I take a break, I am usually tired-er after, and it's hard to finish the day. I need a nap. lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

I'm at work, and I'm still tired. I shouldn't be though.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Lord. If this day goes any slower,  it'll be backing up. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

If I said time was flying for me at work today... would I be lynched? 

Well... it is.  Sorry.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Chseeads

Cottage cheese and tomatoes does go together too, even though that's a technical fruit. 

Kudos to the GE Cheese eaters.  :P

I'm eating some with my supper now.  :P

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on July 08, 2014, 11:02:49 PM
Cottage cheese and tomatoes does go together too, even though that's a technical fruit. 

Kudos to the GE Cheese eaters.  :P

I'm eating some with my supper now.  :P
Who is the GE Cheese eaters? Are they some kinda rogue General Electric employees?  :P

And I'm at home. And it is storming and raining again- I swear this is the absolute wettest July I remember us ever having. My grass is growing faster than the Indy 500 is held, it's constantly needing mowed. Good thing I bought a new mower this year..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Yeah, we have to mow here at an unconscionable rate also.   :sadbounce:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Having an utterly BORING work week.

Applied for graduation, applied for university and bought some new music.

Good week and it's only Tuesday. Well if we eliminate the hour long conversation last night w/someone. Ugh. Men are stupid.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Men are stupid?  All men?  Even Bobby?  I beg to differ. 

And if you're bored, come over and help me run audio projects. :D
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on July 09, 2014, 12:32:05 AM

I get paid to be bored at work. Helping you would be twice as boring, and for no pay.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 09, 2014, 12:51:27 AM
Quote from: Lynx on July 09, 2014, 12:32:05 AM

I get paid to be bored at work. Helping you would be twice as boring, and for no pay.
Zing!
But I agree, in that I am not stupid. Unlearned and do things unadvisable sometimes, but not stupid. :nono:
And Lord it poured last night- lightening, thunder, wow. You'd have thought it was the spring storm season..

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Roscoe

Church tonight....week 3 on "prayer". Might be shortwinded, might take up some extra time....we'll see what God says. Next week I will probably be absent, as Chey and I shall probably start our camping trip.....

Chseeads

Quote from: Roscoe on July 09, 2014, 10:45:00 PM
Church tonight....week 3 on "prayer". Might be shortwinded, might take up some extra time....we'll see what God says. Next week I will probably be absent, as Chey and I shall probably start our camping trip.....

And the saints will all say, "Praise the Lord, our prayers worked!"

Canned some relish today.  Picked a bushel or so of beans. 

Eating something, including GE Cheese.

Gotta batten down the fowl for the night.

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on July 10, 2014, 02:08:08 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on July 09, 2014, 10:45:00 PM

And the saints will all say, "Praise the Lord, our prayers worked!"

Canned some relish today.  Picked a bushel or so of beans. 

Eating something, including GE Cheese.

Gotta batten down the fowl for the night.
:pound: If that's proof they took the lessons to heart, I guess I'll have to be okay with it. :lol:

Chseeads

I crashed in the floor and never did get the fowl battened down for the night.  I guess they survived, hopefully.  :smirk2:  Now I want to go back to sleep.

Roscoe

On behalf of the fowl- I hope you bent your beak in the crash.
And in sharing I have made it to my Friday. :clap:

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

Roscoe

Ya'll are being way too quiet. :pound:  I've made it to the weekend! :clap: Been stormy today- sitting here and listening to a guy in Conneticut talking to a guy in Germany, talking about his rare Carrol Shelby 500KR car.... Moron says he don't know why he bought it, it just sits in his garage, he never drives it. :pound: I'd drive the wheels off of it, and this idiot is just letting it sit....

MsJennJenn

Wooohooo. We won the auction winning the 2.5 acres giving us a total of 9 acres for the new church. Yippee!!!!

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Bobby:  Offer to buy it!   :freaky2:

Jenn: Just out of curiosity, who owns that triangle of grass between the driveway, the highway and the new purchase?  More important, who has to mow it?  Either way, congrats.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on July 11, 2014, 12:19:00 AM
Bobby:  Offer to buy it!   :freaky2:

If what he said is correct- I couldn't afford it if I liquidated EVERYTHING I own and added the next 5 years' wages..maybe the next 10 years' wages.....He claimed it was Carroll Shelby's personal ride and the LAST one that was built before Shelby died.  If he has documentation proving that, it's a million dollar car, literally. If not now, it will be within ten years. I'd still drive the wheels off of it.  :P