News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Been sleeping on and off all day. It's a beautiful day outside but I just don't feel good.

Really don't even want to bother with fishing. :o
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Hey Newsman it's not my fault. You had a chance but you never did show up at church. And the ladies wouldn't go out on that Civil War trail.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Having mixed emotions tonight, with a definite irritation at our own dear Mini-ster...:pound:
See, I HAD this Corvette. Numerous times over the past I have made halfhearted efforts to sell it, with the occasional, and rare serious effort. Truthfully, I didn't have much in it, and while it annoyed my dear Lou by it not selling, I secretly was kinda glad.
Last week, in a text conversation, the corvette's subject arose. I admitted that I should probably sell it, and pay off debt, but no one was buying.
The Bonehead known as Jerm cheerfully advised me to "get the title ready, or whatever you Arkansas weirdos do, I'm praying you sell it." I laughed. No one has even remotely came with money. No way is my 'vette going anywhere. :hypocrite:
Today, my phone rings. It is my buddy with the Corvette I want, who is like a second dad to me. "You still have your Corvette?"  "Yep" "You want to sell it?" " I would"....thinking that no one will buy it. "We'll be over to look at it tonight."
Seems his daughter's boyfriend wanted a project Corvette. He showed up in a 2014 Silverado. Bingo- it'll be to rough for him. He looked at it, asked the price, and BOUGHT it. I told him about everything wrong with it I could think of. "I want it". I told him I didn't want him disappointed- "Nope, I want it. I want a project to tinker with and it is exactly what  want."
So there I stood, tears flowing as the sweet sound of MY corvette faded  away. And it's all Jerm, that idiot Prayer Warrior's fault. :pound: :mad:
Seriously, while I DID hate to see it leave, it makes life much easier and wipes out some debt, as will the Lincoln's sale price. But it does, um, inhale mightily that I am 1) no longer a Corvette owner and 2) I have to be responsible instead of rushing out to buy something else. Maybe. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

MelodyB

I go tomorrow to possibly interview for a new job...keep that in mind Germy. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Newsman

If you'd leave that blighted land of Arkansas, Bobby, maybe you to would see the right way! :)

Lady Jenn :)

Isaac, I need to make a return trip.

Mini:  :thumbsup2:

Seth  :pound:

Ladies Sandra and Chel and Melody:  :waving:

John :bustamove:

Newsman

By the way, Bobby, I stayed I a motel a few nights down Gillett AR way that was almost too rough for ME stay at! :)

And, in  Jeremy's case, sould that be Mini-STIR ?  :hypocrite:

John  :waving:

Lynx

Bobby:  That was hyperbole, right?  You weren't really, literally, CRYING as the car drove away, right?  I mean... I know you're a gearhead, but I can't imagine crying if someone bought a laptop I had. 

Newsman:  Lemme know when you're coming through so I can take appropriate precautions. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Gillett, Arkansas- famous locally for it's annual "Coon Supper". Yes- they cook and eat the cute little masked bandits. Appropriately enough, it is a politician dinner, where anyone running for office in the state attends, so it's a form of cannibalism- bandit eating bandit. :lol:

Isaac- semi-hyperbole. I MIGHT have shed a little tear. I get attached to my toys. See, when I bu them I see what they CAN be. Then, I make them thataway. When I don't complete my vision for them I lose interest. But the minute they are sold,as they leave, I see once again what attracted me to them and what they could be.  thus- the tears.  :P

Sat down and ran some figures last night. With the sale of the 'vette, FOUR debts will be zeroed out, three of them credit cards. I think Lou's gonna get a nice shopping trip and I'm gonna splurge a little and buy a ham amplifier I've been wanting that a friend has at half the price it's worth. (It's a fairly rare and expensive piece that could be sold in minutes if necessary)
Then when my sister picks up the Lincoln, Christmas shopping and another debt zeroed with money left over to put in the bank. Yeah, it was a good thing. The debts being zeroed weren't huge, just nagging money eaters that were always there. This REALLY gets Dave Ramsey's debt snowball rolling....even though I will admit the ham amplifier he would advise against.
Lou's been wanting a tablet for her music so that'll probably be her Christmas.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

How is Burrito doing, by the way?  We never hear from him anymore.  How is he handling it?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
Also wondering how my friend is handling this terrible portion of life....don't want to harass or bother him, but prayers are going up daily in Arkansas for his strength.

The Purple Fuzzy

He was pretty upset, of course. She was supposed to go home that day, so it was a shock. Prayers appreciated. Give him a text & tell him you're praying if you have his number.

Heather

Hola to mi amigos and amigas of the board!! Greetings from the poor universidad student!

My past few weeks in the short version: I want to kill Brandon 90% of the time. He has bailed on me again. We will probably never marry and I will remain on campus until such a time that I graduate with some sort of bachelor's degree. Debating on applying to be an RA. You get a private room and it's pays you 2020 buckaroos a semester.

Off to church.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Awoke this morning and discovered a bizarre smell in the house, couldn't figure out where it was coming from.  Hoped the place wasn't burning down.    Went and did a card job and such. 

Turns out it was a space heater that pooed out.....

Long story short....  Dad wants to run 5,000 space heaters instead of letting the furnace run. 

Heather

Excellent church service tonight. Sadly I had a terrible attitude going into it because the few times I get to make it on Wednesday nights are always the nights my ex-husband preaches.  :roll: But it was a message that kinda kicked me in the patootie that prompted a sobfest heart to heart with my amazing pastor's wife. Got some things I've been holding onto for years off my chest. Things I hadn't told anyone. It felt and I still feel awesome.

I hope everyone has an amazing, restful evening/night. See you crackerjacks in the morning  :cool:

Roscoe

:hi:
Cheesehead, doesn't it cost more to run space heaters instead of the furnace?

Heather- sometimes a sobfest/ heart to heart with a trusted advisor and safe confident is the best way to overcome issues. Sometimes just talking them out makes things better.

And sharing- I'm back at work. Apparently we had some snow and such last night- little rock had a dusting, and I was surprised when, after driving 60 miles on dry highways, to round a corner and see black ice. Apparently there were more than me surprised though- there were 3 cars in the ditch. :o Thankfully, I saw it in time and we didn't slip a bit.
Got an unwelcome call yesterday around 1:45- my friend and fellow assistant that was supposed to preach last night-didn't. He was sick. I dashed home, ate dinner, grabbed my bible and headed to church. Managed, with God's help, to put together a message on our Heritage. The church, for the most part, seemed to have returned to old paths- namely the old hymn that says " I shall not be moved." :biglaugh: Oh well. At least I put out what God gave.  :P

Lynx

The preacher wore that striped tie
He knows I do not like
I wish that I had stayed at home
Gunsmoke's on tonight
I'll sit right here
And hinder those around me
I shall not be moved

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Morning. I'm at work.
It's cold for Texas in November, it got down to 34* last night and supposed to get to 27* tonight.

Heather

Our high for the day is only supposed to be 42. It's been drizzling all day. It can't decide if it wants to turn to snow or not. I'm currently hiding out in the library. My roommate was watching one of those shows about people who I have no idea why they are famous. I could feel my IQ dropping just being in the same room. Went to the gym earlier. History class later. Stay warm everyone.  :cool:

Lynx

Speaking of shows about people who are famous and you have no idea why they are famous...

"Next up, it's the show where people try to get their ideas on the air. Watch as they pitch even wilder ideas to the producers. Who will stay on the air? Who will be canceled? Find out on Reality Show: the reality show."
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Running a fire in my fireplace. First of the season.

Also listening to some vinyl. Guy Lombardo, Mahalia Jackson, some sort of latin dancing. And I've now transitioned to the quieter tones of classical with a side of that lovely vinyl crackle.

Caved and put my Christmas tree up. Sans decorations though.

Made mini pizzas for dinner. And now I'm sitting in front of the fire.

Sad to say but I'm ready to skip to January 5th. Starting a new art school for my bachelors and I cannot wait. Never dreamed I'd ever say I was ecstatic about going to school.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: