News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

o.O Such virulent vituperation!

I don't think that will happen Bro. Bobby.  In my experience the Amish cannot be made to show anger. At least the ones around here never show it.  The prarie dog thing I don't know about, that might be possible.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: We're supposed to get rain tonight.  I hope we do, we need it.

Chseeads

It rained almost 2 inches here last night. 

I'd take a whipping from the Amish if they'd stay and help me.  lol

Roscoe

It's raining here, again. Lord , I am tired of this *Oh my, I need to improve my vocabulary*. Never thought I'd be tired of rain in July........ Made it through the workday. Off until Sunday now.....:clap: Looking more likely that Chey and I will be branson bound rather than camping.....:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Update: Considering homicide now. My wife, in all her infinate intelligence, brought not one but FOUR other little girls, ages 6 to 8, home with Chey. This after last night's two girls. I really did not need this tonight. I do not understand WHY she does this sometimes...:sadbounce:

Lynx

Why don't you retreat to your radio room?  No girls allowed.  Bring a snack, a can of soda, maybe a book or a movie...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on July 14, 2014, 10:54:28 PM
Update: Considering homicide now. My wife, in all her infinate intelligence, brought not one but FOUR other little girls, ages 6 to 8, home with Chey. This after last night's two girls. I really did not need this tonight. I do not understand WHY she does this sometimes...:sadbounce:
seems like that should be a mutual decision. :smirk2:

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

I'm glad you didn't group me into that sorry lot, Poopsie.  :hypocrite:

Chseeads

Picked another bushel of beans.

Eating supper.  Then I need to tend fowl.

MelodyB

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on July 15, 2014, 04:15:17 PM
Howdy, Mel. How goes it?

Going good. Working extra hours this week...I'm on a 7-day stretch right now...my last day off was Saturday, and my next day off is this coming Sunday...

Tired, but good. Working 8-2 today so I'll get a nap before church tonight, hopefully. Gotta teach Children's church.

Quote from: Chseeads on July 15, 2014, 07:02:49 PM
I'm glad you didn't group me into that sorry lot, Poopsie.  :hypocrite:

I wouldn't dream of it... :roll:

Shower time. Then work. Then nap. Then church.

Happy Wednesday!

MelodyB

Oh...this week Donna made a pot of black beans and we ate it over chicken and rice and tomatoes...if I had of plopped some cottage cheese on there, it would have been a plate fit for a Seth. ;)

I thought of that whilst I ate it.

Lynx

I found out quite by accident that if you leave a pack of swiss rolls in the car in the hot sun the cream inside melts and soaks into the chocolate cake roll, then when you cool them off in the fridge they are very good.  Dunno if Little Debbie would approve but I'm gonna try that again.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Still waiting on that rain.  We got a little yesterday morning but supposed to really get some Thur and Fri.

Roscoe

Well. We are back. Chey and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and hightailed it to Mountain View last night, where we camped next to the beautiful Sylamore Creek. The water, which looked a deep greenish blue in the pictures was actually so clear you could see the fish swimming several feet below the surface. We got there around 2 pm, and spent the next 2 to 3 hours in the creek, which was pretty cool...
Then we cooked up "Cowboy beans"- two cans of baked beans, a can of chili beans, bbq sauce, chopped onion, garlic, and about 2 lbs of drained hamburger meat- for dinner. It was delish. Surprisingly, not a single mosquito was seen....but I really regretted not having an air mattress. That hard ground was rough on me.
There was absolutly zero phone service at the campground. All the pics and messages uploaded and sent were done while we were in town. And Rusty was a conversation starter with nearly every other camper there, with them coming over to take pictures or just talk about old cars....
I'd planned on spending today there, but Lou was leaving this morning at 8:30 and Chey REALLY wanted to give Mommy goodbye kisses, so we got up and broke camp around 6:30, and drove the 100+ miles back home to catch her- barely- to tell her bye for the week. Now- I wonder what we will do the rest of the week. LOL

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on July 16, 2014, 10:47:23 AM
Oh...this week Donna made a pot of black beans and we ate it over chicken and rice and tomatoes...if I had of plopped some cottage cheese on there, it would have been a plate fit for a Seth. ;)

I thought of that whilst I ate it.

No, cottage cheese does not go on that mixture.  That's too Mexicany.

Chseeads

I do not have enough time in this week to get done what needs to be done.

SCREAM

MelodyB

I am upset.

A few weeks ago I bought a container, with sections, and a microwave vent thing in the lid for the SOLE PURPOSE of bringing leftovers to work with me for my lunch. Working in a grocery store is great, but I cannot afford to spend money and buy my lunch everyday. So anyway, we are not allowed to keep personal food and drinks in the deli fridge. For sanitary reasons...so we have to keep it in the dairy cooler with the prepackaged sealed food. I have placed my stuff in there several times along with all the other lunch boxes and plates and drinks...

Today, I had some leftover chicken and rice and some beans, and green beans. I go on break and I can't find my food. In fact all of the lunches are gone. I don't see any personal food at all. They took my stuff.

And I am more mad about my container than I am my lunch. I paid nearly $8 for that plate! I want my plate!

:pullhair:

Lynx

Next time leave a note on your food that says, "This food may or may not have been laced with serum of epicac. Do you feel lucky?"
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Or, these are scraps for my dog with slobber in them.

Chseeads

Picked two bushels of beans.  Tended fowl.  Etc. etc.  And so forth.