News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Mel, do you think it's time to move to a place where you can find work?

taco_harvell

Mel I am a friend of most dogs, but in your situation that dog is an extra burden on you. Also, always felt weird about allowing animals especially messy destructive ones in any part of a church. You might consider just bringing the dog subject up again to your pastor. If he says it needs to go, inform your mom most assisted living facilities allow pets.

Personally, if I were a member there the dog in the church would bother me.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: MelodyB on November 26, 2013, 10:48:53 PM
THREE piles of poo on my nice clean rugs...two in my room and one in the bathroom. I just washed the rugs yesterday...had to mop the bathroom twice yesterday cause MOM is peeing on the floor...she is helpless and being pathetic...this morning I stepped in the contents of her diaper insides that came out when she changed it, and all she could say was "sorry".

SHE NEEDS TO GO TO A HOME!!!!

So I had to mop twice yesterday, and now I have to wash the rugs and mop again today cause of her AND the dog! She wont let him out cause she is laying in the bed hopped up on pills, and cant even hold her own pee, and now her dog is doing the same thing. I swear Im gonna run away. Let them destroy everything and live with a nasty urine smelling bathroom if they want. they dont bathe anyway, mom has been peeing in the bed cause she wont get up. IM SICK OF THIS.

:frustrated:
You also can request the state to provide a conservator for them. Legal aide could help you. Basically your just admitting their care is to much for you and your family isn't or can't help. It also would mean probably fighting them though if they claim they need no help. If it went through basically the state would start making decisions concerning their care and finances.

MelodyB

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 27, 2013, 02:06:43 AM
Mel, do you think it's time to move to a place where you can find work?

Dont think I havent thought of that...BUT...GOD moved me here and until I hear from Him again and He says its time to go, I have to stay here. Job or not. Frankly, Ive been without a job for over two years now and every one of my NEEDS has been met, so God hasnt forsaken me in any sense. Ive gone thru some struggles, on every single level, but I have not been forsaken. I have not yet once had to beg bread. So something will come up, or God will release me from here. I have to wait for one of those to happen.

Jason...As bad a Furby is, he doesnt do anything to, or ever even step one paw into the actual church or foyer. The apartment has a big room in it we call the conference room, (thats what it was prior to our moving back in) and then you pass thru another door into our living room. He rarely ever comes into the conference room, and thats the room that is connected to the foyer, so he is not seen or heard by church people unless he is outside and barking at people thru the fenced in area. As far as I know, the dog doesnt bother anyone but me. :smirk2:

Quote from: taco_harvell on November 27, 2013, 03:02:54 AM
You also can request the state to provide a conservator for them. Legal aide could help you. Basically your just admitting their care is to much for you and your family isn't or can't help. It also would mean probably fighting them though if they claim they need no help. If it went through basically the state would start making decisions concerning their care and finances.

I could, but my parents are (somewhat) sane. They have not lost their minds yet, so I would be hated by them if I tried anything like that, and they would fight me all the way. I have enough arguments with them than to try to stir up that kind of trouble.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

taco_harvell

Furby; 100% antifreeze.... Go learneth what this meaneth.

I share knowledge but do not always agree with it's implementation.

Praying for you!

Heather

I know you hate the dog but don't antifreeze the dog. It's horrible to watch and terrible for the dog.

Well I can't take my test because the entire campus of ETSU is closed due to the snow. Also I'm snowed/iced into my driveway/road. I would chance going to work in my car, but it's dead...at my workplace. No way am I chancing taking my dads car out. He'll never let me hear the end of it if anything happened to it.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

It got to 27* last night here, but thankfully the rain had stopped.  I did hit one area of black ice on my way to work and slid but thankfully didn't totally lose control.

taco_harvell

To a point the doctor says I have to try to sleep, which will trigger a nasty cycle of pain. Please say a prayer for me today. Already, in enough pain that I've literally been in tears off and on all night. Gonna attempt sleep. :-(

Backseat Radio

For all of you guys that will actually get to enjoy Thanksgiving this year

Chseeads

Heather

hey it's Seth!!!!

Brandon is getting cabin fever. I've already told him to go out and play in the snow. Instead he's harassing me as I have plenty of crafting to do.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

My brother and his family are in Tennessee this week for the holiday and he just text me pictures of the kids playing in the snow. :)

Chseeads

Quote from: HeatherB on November 27, 2013, 06:42:23 PM
hey it's Seth!!!!

It was till I leapt off the bridge....now it's what's left of me.

Melody

Love it Tia!  Lol. I'm going to get a turkey leg an sneak away to devour it!! Hahahaha

taco_harvell

Got a trinitarian friend whose wife left him the end of last week and took their 2 little girls. Both his parents are dead and his siblings are drunks from what I can tell. Pray he doesn't do anything stupid, and this opens a door to reach him with truth. His name is Chris.

Backseat Radio

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 27, 2013, 08:47:21 PM
Love it Tia!  Lol. I'm going to get a turkey leg an sneak away to devour it!! Hahahaha

Sounds good to me  :fork:

Unfortunately for me Thanksgiving is non existent this year.  My church doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving as a religious holiday and retailers think its the biggest shopping day of the year which means I'll be working rather than have time to celebrate with my family.

Lynx

Quote from: Backseat Radio on November 27, 2013, 09:14:31 PM
Unfortunately for me Thanksgiving is non existent this year.  My church doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving as a religious holiday and retailers think its the biggest shopping day of the year which means I'll be working rather than have time to celebrate with my family.
Yeah, which is why I'll be spending that time snug at home.  I ain't about to brave the "black friday" stampede, which currently starts Thursday evening.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Quote from: MelodyB on November 27, 2013, 07:59:58 PM
My brother and his family are in Tennessee this week for the holiday and he just text me pictures of the kids playing in the snow. :)

Where is he at in TN?

Melody

Wooo!  OK is going to be in the 50's tomorrow. Like Autumn all over again. 

Driving.  Driving.  Driving. 

Chseeads

I'm eating my Thanksgiving dinner now.  I made me some chili.

Roscoe

Got in from church and began cooking in preparation for tomorrow's lunch. Got the greatest compliment a cook can recieve....my wife, steadily grazing on the food as fast as I pull it out of the oven. So far she's sampled- and approved- the pineapple upside down cake and has demolished my pan of dressing...:lol: I'm gonna have to guard the ham with my gun for it to last until tomorrow's lunch.:lol:`
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I found out tonight that we are having steak and baked potatoes and corn and a few "regular" things tomorrow for lunch. Lol

We had the whole turkey and dressing and such last month when all the family was down for anniversary celebration...so I guess they decided not to do that again.

Please say a prayer for Allan, his ulcers on his esophagus have been bleeding and he's been throwing up blood. He ate tonight, then went and threw up and went to bed early. Didn't enjoy our annual card games and stuff. I really felt bad he was so sick while we all were over there having fun. 

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on November 28, 2013, 12:48:59 AM
Quote from: MelodyB on November 27, 2013, 07:59:58 PM

Where is he at in TN?
I bet he's not in west TN because we have no snow.  Wish we did.

Bobby:  Wish I were there to help sample.  :D

MellowYellow:  Actually nobody asks for bread at Thanksgiving.  Probably the turkey dressing or stuffing takes the place.  They sure ask for it at Christmas though.

Backseat Radio: Love it!  Though it's hard to set digital scales back... but I'll see if I can.  Worst thing that can happen would be the scales wouldn't work anymore...  :freaky2:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Well...its started.

So far today, Ive been called a liar, a moocher, selfish, no good, lazy, stupid, and a blabbermouth. (among other things that I dont have room to type.) Ive also been "kicked out" for the millionth time and he said that I should tell my Pastor that he said to go take that steak and shove it up his rear end.

Who you ask? No one but my loving Father who I have bent over backwards for this past two years.

Its Thanksgiving...he ALWAYS blows up on Thanksgiving and Christmas and every other family oriented holiday. Its tradition. He must not break tradition. :roll:

He is mad cause Mom was told she shouldnt come cause if she cant come to church and she cant make it to the bathroom in her own home, then they politely told her she doesnt need to come to their home for the family dinner. They will make her a plate. Well dad got all mad, and now he isnt going, and all hes done since he woke up is yell and scream and call me names.

I really love holidays!

:roll:

It has literally been this way my ENTIRE LIFE. This is why we dont have dinner and gifts and junk at home. I go to other places and pretend that Im in a happy loving family.

What a joke.