News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Pile a few more beans on your plate...second helpings abound in SHARING 4-7-8!

Started by MelodyB, January 27, 2013, 01:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

It does! Only took 15 mins!

Although, ours was pretty bad. We just got this stove from the fellowship hall and it was pretty bad when we got it, plus I've had a few accidents as well. Lol it worked pretty good, but I'm gonna do it once more. Maybe in the mornin.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Melody

*gives hugs to all the gals*  

The sun is finally shining!  I don't think I could live in Alaska.  lol

Quote from: Chseeads on February 01, 2013, 05:22:47 AM
Quote from: MellowYellow on January 31, 2013, 06:14:40 PM
Any of you guys keep your church up to date with news from the foreign mission field?  If so, what ways do you present the info?

We have a bulletin board with newsletters that some of the missionaries send out posted on it....  Most people don't ever really read through them that way though.

Yeah, we have a little binder on a table for people to look through but not many do.  The first Sunday of each month, Nathan highlights a missionary we support and leads a corporate prayer about them.  This month we are trying something new; putting an insert in the bulletin with 3 missionaries we support and their latest update which alludes to prayer needs, once a month.  People don't give when it's out of sight, out of mind, and they don't know what's going on there.  We're trying to think of new things to do.  Eventually, we want to do project fundraisers a few times a year for missionaries.  I am at a loss though of what else we could be doing though to rouse interest.

You guys do that don't you, Mel? 

Melody

I'm still working towards going back to school.  Trying to formulate a plan.

This is what I want to be. 

http://www.enotes.com/nutritional-anthropology-reference/nutritional-anthropology

So, we'll see.  I thought I wanted to be a nutritionist but it's not substantial enough imo.

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Oh dear, PF.  Too bad you can't put all the b.rashes over your knee... lol

I am putting some of my grocery shopping off till Monday to utilize any possible coupons in the Sunday paper in conjunction with any CVS deals.  Here we go! 

Also going to get a Target savings card and a savers card for a small grocery store I go to.  They were telling me, "If you spend $75/mo here, it will save you money."  I pointed to my total and said, "That's what I spend nearly every week.  I guess I better get one."

MelodyB

Quote from: sunlight on February 01, 2013, 01:13:33 PM
So how did you make it?

You just sprinkle (a lot) of baking soda on the surface of the stovetop. Then put some really hot hot water in the sink with dish soap, soak a small towel in it, wring it out a little, not a lot, you want it to be sopping wet, spread it out on top of the baking soda and let sit for 15 minutes...then scrub it off using the wet towel, the banking soda is a thick paste, then wipe off. It really worked to get that burnt stuff off! I think I'll do it one more time though. It didn't get it all the first time.

Easy and CHEAP! A lot cheaper than the cleaner you buy for it.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 01, 2013, 05:45:45 PM
Oh dear, PF.  Too bad you can't put all the b.rashes over your knee... lol

I am putting some of my grocery shopping off till Monday to utilize any possible coupons in the Sunday paper in conjunction with any CVS deals.  Here we go! 

Also going to get a Target savings card and a savers card for a small grocery store I go to.  They were telling me, "If you spend $75/mo here, it will save you money."  I pointed to my total and said, "That's what I spend nearly every week.  I guess I better get one."

What's a Target savers card?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Quote from: MelodyB on February 01, 2013, 06:37:53 PM
Quote from: sunlight on February 01, 2013, 01:13:33 PM
So how did you make it?

You just sprinkle (a lot) of baking soda on the surface of the stovetop. Then put some really hot hot water in the sink with dish soap, soak a small towel in it, wring it out a little, not a lot, you want it to be sopping wet, spread it out on top of the baking soda and let sit for 15 minutes...then scrub it off using the wet towel, the banking soda is a thick paste, then wipe off. It really worked to get that burnt stuff off! I think I'll do it one more time though. It didn't get it all the first time.

Easy and CHEAP! A lot cheaper than the cleaner you buy for it.

I heard so much that you can't use oven cleaner on glass top.  Then I found out I actually can.  So that's what I use.

Melody

Quote from: MsJennJenn on February 01, 2013, 06:40:23 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on February 01, 2013, 05:45:45 PM

Also going to get a Target savings card and a savers card for a small grocery store I go to.

What's a Target savers card?

http://www.target.com/redcard/main#?lnk=nav_redcard

It links to whatever acct. you'd like and you use it like your debit card.  You always save 5% and then online, you don't have shipping costs.  So many people have them and I'm just lazy I guess.  But we have a super Target and they take coupons and send you coupons, even for for food.  If I didn't already shop there, it wouldn't matter.

Lynx

Fair warning, I'll be replenishing my stock of bread tomorrow. 

Tonight oughta be easy at work.  Evon said they'll be shutting down one of the two furnace lines, because we're finally caught up enough that we don't have to run ourselves to death trying to force-feed more parts down the lines. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I am a bit better today, thanks to all that have prayed for me. And in sharing- the federal government is SMOKIN'  on their tax refunds. I did mine the twentieth online, but was messaged that it would be filed on the 30th. It was....I expected to be several weeks before I saw anything, but when I checked the refund status a few ago, it showed to have been sent.  :o  Called the bank and there it is.   :clap: Fastest tax return I have EVER got. Now if the state will do their part, I will be pleased.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Well of course you got it fast, you paid for it.  Those of us who are too cheap to pay to get our money back are the ones who have to wait a month or four. :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 01, 2013, 07:30:25 PM
Well of course you got it fast, you paid for it.  Those of us who are too cheap to pay to get our money back are the ones who have to wait a month or four. :P
At the rate this government spends money, I'll pay $15 to get it in my pocket before they figure out how to spend it for me.... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from a newspaper's "Letters to the editor" column:  "I object to your newspaper saying the government spends money like a drunk sailor on shore leave.  I was a member of the Navy for seven years, and I can tell you that WE stopped when we ran out of money."
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Odd paradox:  Windows will load music to my mp3 player at the rate of three songs per second, but deleting them takes 3-4 seconds per song.  In the computer world this is abnormal, as it almost always takes longer to write data than delete it.  I'm a bit  ??? here, but as I don't have the six hours Windoze projected to wait for my whole music collection to be wiped out so I can load a new copy, I took the player to my Linux computer to do the job. 

Six hours?  Really?  My Linux computer did it in 2.7 minutes, and it's running on a slower computer.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 01, 2013, 03:01:51 PM
*gives hugs to all the gals*  

The sun is finally shining!  I don't think I could live in Alaska.  lol

Quote from: Chseeads on February 01, 2013, 05:22:47 AM
Quote from: MellowYellow on January 31, 2013, 06:14:40 PM
Any of you guys keep your church up to date with news from the foreign mission field?  If so, what ways do you present the info?

We have a bulletin board with newsletters that some of the missionaries send out posted on it....  Most people don't ever really read through them that way though.

Yeah, we have a little binder on a table for people to look through but not many do.  The first Sunday of each month, Nathan highlights a missionary we support and leads a corporate prayer about them.  This month we are trying something new; putting an insert in the bulletin with 3 missionaries we support and their latest update which alludes to prayer needs, once a month.  People don't give when it's out of sight, out of mind, and they don't know what's going on there.  We're trying to think of new things to do.  Eventually, we want to do project fundraisers a few times a year for missionaries.  I am at a loss though of what else we could be doing though to rouse interest.

You guys do that don't you, Mel? 

Missed this earlier...

No, we don't do anything like that. We have some PIMs and when we have missionaries we take up offerings. We have a bulletin board and when we get a newsletter or whatever from the missionaries, we tack it up there and anyone is free to read it.

Roscoe

Slghtly bummed. Yesterday evening, a young cop from a nearby town (Conway) was hit by a drunk driver while directing traffic. Just found out he died around 5 pm this eening. He was just a kid....hadn't been on the department that long. I hope the drunk driver spends a large portion of his life in a jail cell.
I didn't know the kid, but in my line of work, when you cut one of us, we all bleed. Kinda a family...

And I am concerned about my dog Domino. He is walking okay, but still has some pain some times. It's not really looking like the medicine is working to the extent I had hoped. :sadbounce:

Chseeads

MelodyB

Hey Mini...do you have a way to listen to podcasts? I have a podcast from Tony Nolan about Youth ministry that is awesome!

https://itun.es/us/2-ivr.c

Dont know if that will work for you, but hopefully it will.

Chseeads

Melody

Sorry to hear about that Roscoe. 

This month there are self defense classes at the church for free.  So the kids and I are going.  Then we're going to clean the church.  That's about it for my exciting Saturday... lol

People around here are really battling the flu.  It's crazy.  They're down for literally DAYS.

Tomorrow, after what I'm anticipating will be an awesome service w/ people getting the H.G., we'll go to a super bowl "party" in the evening.  I am clueless about the sports stuff but oh how I like to visit.

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend filled with letting God do great things! 

Lynx

The news from my area:

- We are having a retirement party today for my pastor and wife.  81 years old, and it's still hard to keep up with him.  Don't know what he'll do with himself now... probably the same thing he has been doing, but unofficially, and hopefully slowing down a bit.  We've been a bit concerned about his health lately, seems he's trying to do what he used to do with a body that ain't what it used to be. 

- I am making a batch of bread today. 

- Sister Kim, the Children's Church leader, is not up to par because her father died last week, so I'll be teaching the kids tomorrow morning.  Don't blame her a bit, if my dad died I probably wouldn't be in any shape to deal with a room full of kids either.

- That is all.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Quote from: MelodyB on February 02, 2013, 05:23:53 AM
Hey Mini...do you have a way to listen to podcasts? I have a podcast from Tony Nolan about Youth ministry that is awesome!

https://itun.es/us/2-ivr.c

Dont know if that will work for you, but hopefully it will.

Downloading it now.  Thanks much Mel.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

So who's gonna be your pastor, Isaac? Or is he just retiring from a secular job?