News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Its the return of Kevin in Sharing 467!

Started by mini, August 20, 2012, 05:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Howdy y'all.  If you hate mornings, get a second shift job.  I don't get up until I'm good and ready. :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 23, 2012, 02:37:47 PM
Howdy y'all.  If you hate mornings, get a second shift job.  I don't get up until I'm good and ready. :D

Been there. Done that. I prefer keeping what little a social life I have :)
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Yes, that is one of the many downsides of working second shift.  The only upside is sleeping as late as I want... and being able to tell people I can sleep as late as I want.  :smug:  I'd rather be back on day shift, but as I'm stuck on nights I take what satisfaction I can get from it.

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Trying to get some documents either via email or fax from Insurance and SERIOUSLY it's not working.
First time she had incorrect email. Second and third times no email...not in spam either. Fourth time via fax....and it's empty!! I mean REALLY!

:tearhair:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

iridiscente

Clothes are cheaper in Spain AND on sale for back to school. Yay!

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Hope your headache disapaited Heather, or at least that it stopped being gross.  :bigglasses:

kmymbir

GOOOOODDD MORNING GPERS!
I am at the church today doing some cleaning and I just HAD to take this moment to get online and tell everyone I love them!
I hope you all have a great day, I plan to, even if it kills others... hehehehe
OHHH MELLL.........
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Lynx

Cheaper in... What are you doing in Spain?  :o
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

I didn't know she'd moved to saugan... something. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 23, 2012, 04:21:43 PM
Hope your headache disapaited Heather, or at least that it stopped being gross.  :bigglasses:

Well it hasn't gotten worse, so I'll take it as is.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 23, 2012, 04:34:44 PM
I didn't know she'd moved to saugan... something. 
saga unscripted is the blog they use about their family life/travels/etc

MsJennJenn

What an assumption you just made there Isaac instead of reading the blog....lol :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

ABC is doing a 2pt exposé on Mormonism.  Because of Romney of course.  They believe Jesus will return to Jerusalem and then.... MISSOURI!   :laughhard:

Seriously though, you can imagine the spiritual stronghold and battle here.  Independence, which was also the "gateway to the west" in settler times, is the home to the Mormons.

The Mormon name comes from the angel that J.Smith said spoke to him.  Moroni, which means deceiver.  I can't help think "moron" everytime. 

They overall believe that they are reincarnated over and over until they too are a God like Jesus and eventually God.  So they are super focussed on success in this life believing that they'll be that much more higher in the next life.  They also believe that if you're black that you were a horrible person in your previous life.  J.Smith was shot in a crowd of people, cause he was a con artist.  The mormons were driven from towns because they were perverse in their marriages/polygamies and dishonest in business.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/inside-mormon-church-17061395?tab=9482931&section=4765066

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 23, 2012, 04:52:09 PM
What an assumption you just made there Isaac instead of reading the blog....lol :roll:
In the computer world "moved to" means "switched to a different site."  In this case, Saga Unscripted. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on August 23, 2012, 04:57:23 PM
  They believe Jesus will return to Jerusalem and then.... MISSOURI!   :laughhard:

Why wouldn't Jesus vacation in Missouri? All the other Pentecostals do. Go to Branson if you doubt me.....Pentecost Las Vegas..... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I hope you all have a great day, I plan to, even if it kills others... hehehehe
OHHH MELLL.........

:o

Ummm.

* MelodyB runs away
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Melody

I do love me some Silver Dollar City!  I haven't gotten to explore much of Branson yet.  There is a marriage retreat there every Valentine's wknd.  But last time we went most things were closed and there was 3ft of snow.  Sooo... we didn't get out much.

Melody

For all those trying to get healthier.  Especially about diabetes.  This floored me.  Not sure why, we know vague things but to hear details just.. idk perhaps took it from "less healthy" to "harmful" in my mind.

Some basic background: "Farmers harvest the seed of the wheat plant called the wheat berry.   The wheat berry consists of three parts--the germ, the bran and the endosperm.  Wheat germ and wheat bran come from the same place as flour.  The bran is the outside layer where most of the fiber exists.  Most of the oils and nutrients are contained in the germ, and the endosperm is the center, starchy layer.  Graham flour is the entire wheat berry (germ, bran and endosperm) ground into flour."

"The reason food is processed in the first place is usually to extend its shelf life. Once the wheat berry is milled, all the oils are released from the germ and bran, and it's shelf life decreases exponentially. The solution....commercial millers run wheat berries through a process to remove the bran and germ, which just so happen to be the most nutrious parts of the berry. When you purchase whole wheat flour in the grocery store, it has a decent shelf life, because most of the germ and bran have been removed to keep the oil content low.

The next step to creating white flour is the bleaching process. The flour is gased with chlorine which gives it that "nice" white color we are used to seeing and "ages" the flour. An unintended by-product of this process is a chemical compound called alloxan. Alloxan has one commercial function. It is the chemical that researchers use to produce diabetes in lab animals so that they can study cures for the disease. Alloxan produces diabetes by attacking the pancreatic beta cells and killing them. Beta cells produce insulin. No insulin means you get diabetes.

As if that wasn't bad enough, because the government said they have to, commercial flour millers then add the vitamins back into our flour that they killed with all the processing. The vitamins that are added are no longer natural, but instead a man-made synthesis of what was originally in the whole wheat berry. This is what they call "enriching". God intended for milled wheat berries to be full of fiber, Vitamin E , good fats, magnesium, Vitamin B, iron, phosphorous and calcium. Why mess with that?"

Lynx

Quote:
Because it selectively kills the insulin-producing beta-cells found in the pancreas, alloxan is used to induce diabetes in laboratory animals. This occurs most likely because of selective uptake of the compound due to its structural similarity to glucose as well as the beta-cell's highly efficient uptake mechanism (GLUT2).

However, alloxan is not toxic to the human beta-cell, even in very high doses, probably due to differing glucose uptake mechanisms in humans and rodents.[7][8]Alloxan is, however, toxic to the liver and the kidneys in high doses.
End quote.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Steaks are marinating. And I need to go ahead and put the potatoes in the oven on low.

And my nose is bleeding again. Lovely.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Mel, do you have high blood pressure?  My uncle found out he had it because of nose bleeds.