News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

It will be like Heaven, when I finally find Kevin, in Sharing 4-5-7!!

Started by MelodyB, February 15, 2012, 05:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Just ate a pretty tasty meal, if I do say so myself.  :fork:

Got a request that shocked me and has made me extremely nervous...
One of Lou's cashiers and her husband have been going through some very rough times, both healthwise and financial. They've never known anything about a pentecostal church either. They are in their late forties to early fifties...They started coming to church with us a few weeks ago, and the lady told Lou they were looking for a home church. They don't have any transportation, so we've been picking them up.

The first couple of services, they were kinda nervous- the lady told me that if someone grabbed her, she was "making tracks outta there". :biglaugh: I've noticed that they have been clapping more, and seemingly more involved every service. Today, they asked Lou if I would give them a home Bible study. I said yes, of course- no way to turn that down. Now I'm scared to death.... :laughhard: Lou told me she's been asking some questions at work pertaining to church, so I knew they were interested. The lady texts Lou daily and almost always tells Lou she can't wait for the next church service.  :thumbsup2:
So if you have a chance- say a prayer that I can teach them a bible study in the manner that it can be clearly understood. I SO want to see my church grow and have an active part in it, and I certainly don't want to confuse them. Thanks
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

kmymbir

Please pray for me, I am in pain again, and Nothing is relieving it.
God took the pain from me Thursday so I could go to church. But it is back today.
Tomorrow I have meetings and sunday Church. I really need to be able to focus on my tasks at hand, I do not see missing as an option, I don't care if I'm dying!
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Melody

Roscoe: "The Way More Perfectly" by Timothy Mitchell is the BEST Bible study I've seen/ taught so far.  It is to the point, powerful, respectful of where "Christians" have come so far but expounding Truth.  I have heard so many testonies from others on it too.  I will mail you one if you want.  Our church has a goal to have a hundred Bible studies at the same time.  & that is the one that will be used most. 

Very exciting for you!  My pastor says all you have to do to teach one is be one step ahead of them, cause they don't know!  & if you ask a question u don't have the answer to, be honest & tell them you'll find out. 

You probably already know that stuff tho.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on February 18, 2012, 02:55:20 AM
Roscoe: "The Way More Perfectly" by Timothy Mitchell is the BEST Bible study I've seen/ taught so far.  It is to the point, powerful, respectful of where "Christians" have come so far but expounding Truth.  I have heard so many testonies from others on it too.  I will mail you one if you want.  Our church has a goal to have a hundred Bible studies at the same time.  & that is the one that will be used most. 

Very exciting for you!  My pastor says all you have to do to teach one is be one step ahead of them, cause they don't know!  & if you ask a question u don't have the answer to, be honest & tell them you'll find out. 

You probably already know that stuff tho.
That would be AWESOME, Meller. And much appreciated...I'm sure God will help me with this..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

Hmm... I haven't heard of that one either. Might have to check into it. We've got a guy in our church (one of those amazing stories I was telling you about recently) that is going hog-wild with home Bible studies. I'm thinking it might be something he could use...

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

Roscoe, send me an address to send it to & Ruby, I'll send it out with the other things tomorrow.  :)

Chseeads

Ugh....got back from work a bit ago finally. 

I don't like work.  How did I stand it all those years that I did it before? lol

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

He was nervous and scared at first. He did ok though. I'm actually up now to get ready and take him back in so he can have another one done this morning. Then Tuesday, he will start having it Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturdays.

It made him really weak. We were told that though, so no surprise there, it's just hard to adjust.

MelodyB

I think though, that once he starts getting this regular, he will feel much better and it will help him a lot!! It's just gonna take a little time.

MelodyB

I took dad to town, gotta go back at 10:30 to get him.

I went to church and got some Jesus time, then I went to WM and got some stuff for the weekend. My oldest brother, John, is coming to see dad. And my 16year old niece is supposed to be coming too.

I'm excited.

Meeting today, and church tomorrow. :D

Chseeads

* Chseeads shoots you and your stinking meetings.

Eating a RBP.

Great nephews birthday party later and hustle back for church.

SippinTea

MY - Thanks! :)

Mel - Glad you updated on your dad. I was wondering how he was doing too. *Hugs* to you. *Big hugs* It's no fun to watch dads weak and in pain. I hope this will help him. :)

TGIS - our Friday. :)

:beret:

MelodyB

Your just jealous, Smoopsie.

I'm home for the moment. Meeting isn't till three. We had leftover steak from last night, and I was gonna make it with eggs for breakfast, but we all had it for lunch instead. With eggs, toast and coffee.

It was tasty. :fork:

Thanks, Rubes. I needed a hug. ;)

Lynx

I have tinkered with this recipe enough.  It's time to make a real cheesecake, in a real springform pan.  Starting now.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on February 18, 2012, 06:41:14 PM
I have tinkered with this recipe enough.  It's time to make a real cheesecake, in a real springform pan.  Starting now.  :cool:
:o  :fork:  :freaky2:

Got my Jeremiah Yocum Cds in today... I'm industriusly saving them to my computer, and thus a flash drive shortly....I know Lou is fixing to steal all 30 cds.... :laughhard:

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on February 18, 2012, 07:21:09 PM
Oo, I secret deal.
Don't worry, tonight I'm going to an auction that is not invitation-only.  You can come if you want. 
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

SippinTea