News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I can think of a million better ways to use my calories. :girltongue:

Roscoe

Lawd. After over 1500 miles, all cooped up in a car with my lovely wife and child, I have made it home. And I am so tired of driving, I don't even feel like driving my 'vette. :lol:
It was a grand vacation, made all the better by the friends we were able to meet. But I must admit I am glad to be home. Domino is glad we are, too....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Ashlee

Good Afternoon All!  Hope everyone had a great day today!

Heather

I have a box of thin mints tucked away for post-wedding dress day.

Possibly going to Nashville for the day Saturday. Have a hall mate who has a mandatory meeting for study abroad and all her rides bailed. Now I have so much homework I'm going to offer to let her take my car. If she's uncomfortable with that I guess I'll be sitting in Nashville doing homework for at least 4 hours.

49 days til I can eat those thin mints!!!!  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: It was 37 this morning when I checked before I left the house.  It's already up to 41 now.  But a day or so ago it was mid 60s in the morning.  This weather is crazy.

SippinTea

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 26, 2015, 03:17:22 PM
I can think of a million better ways to use my calories. :girltongue:

^I'm with Purple Fuzzy. :D

G'morning, everyone! :hi: Bella is under the weather, currently sitting in the big recliner and "reading" Little Bear to herself and two dolls. The boys are bickering about their own intelligence levels and government. Or something like that. I'm kind of trying to tune it out. ;)

SO, SO, SO thankful Chris has this job, but I miss him terribly. Six days a week for the foreseeable future is making me feel a bit like a single parent mom. :o

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

Oh, one other thing... I have a ridiculous amount of SATB books and CD's for Christmas, Easter, Kid's Choir, Etc that I really need to get rid of. It's hundreds of dollars worth of music, but I need the space in my garage. If anyone here is interested in it, I'd make you a REALLY good deal. Isaac? Are you still doing music stuffs at church? Have any use for this stuff?

Roscoe

It was good to sleep in my own bed last night.  Now it's back to the usual. Fixing to make my weekly run to town for groceries, bill paying, ect... Lou actually wants me to take her car and wash it. She's lost it- I haven't got to drive my 'vette or Rusty for the last week. No way I am driving the Bore-mobile.....:lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: SippinTea on March 27, 2015, 03:17:04 PM
The boys are bickering about their own intelligence levels and government. Or something like that. I'm kind of trying to tune it out. ;)
Is it spring break?

SippinTea

Heather

Left work before I could be yelled at today. Thankfully my hours are supposed to go up some next week. I'm having to dip into the wedding fund just to cover my car payment next week. I slept terrible last night. Hopefully D will take my car so I can sleep late tomorrow. We shall see.

Geri

We are taking a short weekend trip to see family. It's our last trip before the baby arrives. And of course, it has to snow today.  :(
I don't think it's supposed to be too bad, just hoping it stops before we leave tonight.

Lynx

Music? Did somebody say music?

How many CDs, what kind of music, how many books, what kind of music, how much will you charge, how fast can they get here?

*deep breath*

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

Isaac, I'm going to email you with an attachment file that should have the whole list.

Heather

Had an awesome dinner with my best lady tonight. [Since Brandon gets a best man, i've decided to call her a best lady. Matron of honor just sounds boring and matronly for a 22 year old...] Ran into 2 ladies from the new church i've been going too. Both came right up and hugged me. It was sweet. Also if you've never eaten at a McAlister's Deli you should. It was amazing!!!

Also went by Hobby Lobby and purchased the materials to make my own bouquets.  :cool:

AND I got back to campus and the girl who I was supposed to drive to Nashville tomorrow was talking to my rm. She is headed to Greeneville now to pick up her mom's car which had been decided before I was even able to talk to her about my pile of homework. Thank ya Jesus!

Lynx

Yup, HeatherB is a native. She put that e in Greeneville.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

"Best lady"... love this. I've always thought "matron of honor" sounded rather boring and matronly too. LOL

"Greeneville"... wait. There's another way to spell it?? I mean, I'm definitely NOT a native, but... wow.

If anyone has some really challenging, physical, outdoor work that needs doing (Cheese??), you can have my boys for the day.  :updown:

Heather

There is Greeneville, TN but just a few hours away is Greenville, SC. It's quite confusing.

Have a very large chunk of my reading done. Unfortunately I was under the assumption that my rm's boyfriend was coming in this weekend. He did and despite the fact that they have a hotel room somewhere they are still hanging out in my room......just 47 more days Heather.....

Lynx

I can explain it. Greeneville was named after Nathaniel Greene.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Beautiful day here.

Ruby, my husband would be glad to take y'all's boys.

Assuredbyfaith

So it's the last day of my vacation...I was checking my schedule online; and apparently with out asking or informing me; they have changed my days off! So it looks as though I no longer have weekends off! *no words*

Trying to be thankful I have a job; but after 11 years at a thankless job...I'm some what frustrated, & depressed!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

One of the gals at our office got laid off Friday. :(
she'd been there 8 1/2 years

Heather

I have all my reading done and have applied for 2 jobs. Finding something that I could work evenings and weekends would greatly take the stress out of signing up for classes for fall.

I'm pretty sure I know what I want to right about for my paper so I admit that I'm putting it off for now. I'm tired of looking at the computer screen [all my readings were online]

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 28, 2015, 09:44:01 PM
One of the gals at our office got laid off Friday. :(
she'd been there 8 1/2 years

That's sad...where do you work? What do you do?

I keep listing the blessings of my job!!! Regardless of the stress...there is always a positive side!!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.