News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

All this love talk is really legit...Mel gets a man in Sharing 486!

Started by MelodyB, August 17, 2013, 04:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 30, 2013, 07:59:17 PM
Wall AC units are cheaper than ever Bro. Bobby, and I know I remember a window in that room that you could stick it in...
True, but I'm a tightwad and summer's nearly over. I'll buy one next year...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on August 30, 2013, 08:17:28 PM
Wall AC units are cheaper than ever Bro. Bobby, and I know I remember a window in that room that you could stick it in...

Or watch the sales and get one on summer clearance.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 30, 2013, 08:46:48 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on August 30, 2013, 08:17:28 PM

Or watch the sales and get one on summer clearance.
:stupid: No larger than the "ham shack" room is- about 6x8 or so- it won't take much. Even in the heat of summer, one that would adequately cool it is only around $100 bucks... Maybe I'll find a clearance sale and get one for $75..  :P

A friend of mine told me to hang tight, someone will doubtless give me one. He's jealous cause with all the bargaining and horsetrading I've done, I've put together an amatuer radio station worth around $2k for only around $500. When a kind friend solved my computer issues by giving us a laptop for Lou, I inheirated the laptop we'd got for her. This caused my ham buddy to complain loudly about me having a golden touch and shot with luck, among other things...he's a sore loser and it doesn't help that I've made some rare contacts that he needs for his bragging wall with a third of his investment. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bragging wall... Well, if he's going to have a bragging wall, I guess he's the kind who wouldn't be satisfied with anything. :P
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I leave for vacation a week from tomorrow. My transmission shift solenoid went out on my car completely today. No where local has the part. The earliest we can get it is Wednesday, maybe. I'm a cranky pants this evening.

Not to mention that if I didn't know Jesus and need my health insurance I would have walked out/committed murder/been arrested at my job this week.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 30, 2013, 11:28:47 PM
Bragging wall... Well, if he's going to have a bragging wall, I guess he's the kind who wouldn't be satisfied with anything. :P
Ah, bragging wall....don't know really what to call it. Just a place to hand the postcards, also called QSL cards, we get from other ham radio operators verifying that we talked to them. I've one myself. My "prize" postcards are one from Tripoli, Lebanon, one from Alaska, and one from the US Virgin Islands...Got several more that should be in soon. :P

Lynx

How do you reach the level where THEY start asking YOU for postcards?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 31, 2013, 02:21:48 AM
Why would anyone willingly ask for a post card from Arkansas?

Because they don't know anything about it other than it's "America." 

Or should I say...

" 'merica"            :ugly:

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 31, 2013, 01:23:02 AM
:pound: :pound:
Actually, there's kinda a protocol....Whichever station is calling on a frequency generally initiates the postcard exchange. If you talk to someone that is located somewhere you want a postcard from- say you are trying to talk to a station in each of the 50 states, for instance- you can go ahead and send one of your own and the recieving station will respond likewise.

And Jenn, just so you know, I had a guy in North Carolina just the other day that was ecstatic to recieve my card, as I was one of just three states he needed to have contacted someone in all 50 states, which will net him a nice certificate from the American Radio Relay League or ARRL.

And now you know more about ham radio than you wanted to.  :P

Melody

Quote from: Roscoe on August 31, 2013, 02:33:11 AM
Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 31, 2013, 01:23:02 AM

...And Jenn, just so you know, I had a guy in North Carolina just the other day that was ecstatic to recieve my card, as I was one of just three states he needed to have contacted someone in all 50 states, which will net him a nice certificate from the American Radio Relay League or ARRL.

And now you know more about ham radio than you wanted to.  :P

Is it that difficult to find someone in AR that can write?!     :cow:

MelodyB

BOL!!

Yall crack me up!

Sorry about the car, Heather.

I had a lovely time with Allen. We walked the mall in Mobile, and then ate a huge dinner at Olive Garden, (the waitress gave me two bowls of soup to go when we didnt even order soup!) Then we came back here and watched The Walking Dead....He bought me season one, and he hasnt watched it so now he can. LOL

Nice evening. 
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Bro. Bobby:  Wow, you get a certificate and everything! I didn't know it was so official. 
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Aw man... I miss getting on GP for a day or two and I miss a whole argument about tea. *sad sigh* Yes, I'm a tea snob. :cool: Lipton tea is definitely NOT what true tea-lovers drink. :P Anything that says "pekoe" on it isn't fit for human consumption. Now then. Anything by Republic of Tea is fair game. Anything that is by Tazo is for people who want to PRETEND to be tea snobs but really have no idea what makes a good tea. And anything served in restaurants is bound to taste disgusting. Now you know. :P Hmm... maybe I should have just said Isaac was correct and left it there. :P :cool:

City life isn't for the weak. And neither is living in the country. But for two entirely different reasons. And yes, I've done both. I much prefer the country. City life stinks, for the most part. Well, country life sometimes does too, but mainly from the animals - not the humans. :updown:

Quote from: MelodyB on August 30, 2013, 07:45:50 PM
NothIng special. I'm going out with Allen.

Uh huh.

Mm hmm.

Anything else you'd like to tell the class, Mel? :teeth:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

SippinTea:  Have you noticed if you leave Earl Grey sitting in the cabinet long enough for the citrus to wear off, it tastes exactly like darjeeling?  I think these days they're just selling us darjeeling with bergamot oil.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

MelodyB

Awake. Took dad to dialysis.

Thank God that after today, I have one more early day to do that and then I get a break. Yay!

Need to go make tea, put some water in the fridge, straighten the kitchen and figure out what Im fixing for dinner. Mom and Dad ate pizza last night. Those ones from WM that are deli made and not frozen are amazing. If we had gas in the grill Id make hamburgers, but we dont. I need mushrooms and noodles that we dont have to make stroganoff. I dont think there is any chicken for chicken and rice...Im not sure what to fix. We have a slab of ribs, but I would rather do those on the grill...or wait till monday.

UGH! I love to cook, but sometimes I hate having to come up with creative stuff using what we have.

OH! I just remembered we have a can of corned beef and two boxes of scalloped potatoes...I can make that in a pinch. Its quick and we all love it. I guess if I cant decide on anything else, that will be my fallback meal.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lynx

Mel:  If you have the meat for the hamburgers, and if you have the rice for the chicken and rice, fry the meat up, season it, add some kidney beans and serve it over rice.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

We've decided to take Brandon's car on vacation. It may not be pretty but it's a smooth ride with decent gas mileage. Plus it has AC. He got plugs and such to do a tune up today.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Melody

I've celebrated Labor Day wknd thus far by cleaning the church.  Lol

Do I understand right that "sha" is a per name similar to how "boo" is?

Melody

Mel, sometimes I go to AllRecipes.com and type in my ingredients in their place to do that and see what comes up.

Walmart deli pizzas as pretty great.

About to start some dough for tortillas. Taco bar tomorrow at a friend's after church.

SippinTea

Isaac, no I haven't, but that's probably because I only like Earl Grey withOUT oil of bergamot in it. :P There's only one (maybe two??) brands I know of without it. That's one of those things I got from my little Nana. :) She lived in England for years, and somehow started liking only the Earl Grey that didn't have the *whang* from oil of bergamot. I picked it up from her. :)

Mel, Isaac's idea about dinner is totally what I would do. Except if I had veggies around, I'd probably make it more like a fried rice thingy with ground beef and veggies stir fried in.

Mom and Dad Ringo flew back home today. Sad. We had a lovely visit. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel