News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

ARE AMERICANS READY FOR JUDGMENT?

Started by onli-one-jehovi, July 10, 2008, 06:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: OGIA on December 10, 2008, 10:30:32 PM

Well, then maybe you'll quit posting trash from trinitarians? 

someone who's not even in the Body, nonetheless.

He's doctrinally in error.  Doesn't the Bible say to avoid those who are?

Ok. If that's how you see things. Let me offer one final word of advice. Heed it only if you desire.  ;)

1... Throw out most - if not all - christian music you might have. (most groups are not "oneness", including Hinsons and Goodmans from years ago)

2... Turn off the radio. (same as #1)

3... Get rid of congregational songbooks. (ditto)

4... Cull down worship/choir congregational songs.  (ditto)

5... Quit reading "christian' authors. (ditto)

6... Isolate all contact with many family members. (ditto)

7... Instigate background check on friends and workers. (ditto)

8... Quit reading newspapers/newsmagazines. (ditto)

9... Ignore the weatherman's forecasts. (ditto)

And finally...

10... Disregard everything Jesus said or says. He was baptized by John the Baptist. No record of the Apostles rebaptizing Him.

Start with those 10, - add in refuse assistance from any unknown source, plus anything else that guarantees avoidance with those doctrinally in error - and you've got the makings for a real good monastary.  :freaky2:

Honestly though. When everything fails and our system of living is gone; when persecution starts and death is the price of proclaiming Jesus Christ; "oneness" or "trinitarian" will not matter. We'll all give our lives. We'll all be depending upon each other. I hope you are able to accept such help when the time comes.   Peace.

Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Young man, how is it that you do not?

OGIA

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on December 11, 2008, 01:31:15 AM

10... Disregard everything Jesus said or says. He was baptized by John the Baptist. No record of the Apostles rebaptizing Him.

:roll:

QuoteHonestly though. When everything fails and our system of living is gone; when persecution starts and death is the price of proclaiming Jesus Christ; "oneness" or "trinitarian" will not matter. We'll all give our lives. We'll all be depending upon each other. I hope you are able to accept such help when the time comes.   Peace.

"Honestly though"?  Does that mean everything you've said up until now has been dishonest?   ???

Jerry, you've moved past "we should heed his word" to me refusing help.  I'm not sure the connection.  I do realize that the Lord....He being Jesus Christ.....has used some odd methods of protecting His people throughout time.  However, I don't heed the words of every Tom, Dick and Harry that decides to email out a "word from the Lord".  There's also the bit about false prophets in the last days.  How much easier is it to decide a false prophet by the doctrine he holds to?  If every false prophet were so easily id'd, this would be a lot easier for some.

I will accept the help the Lord gives me in these last days.  I feel led by the Spirit enough to know who and what to follow.  My Father will see to it that I recognize those sent by Him and those not.  It's just that I've got you.....one whose doctrine I don't believe is biblical in regards to salvation....telling me "I should pay heed" to a man who can't even figure out how to properly baptize someone.  That is the problem I have.  And now you're trying to turn this into some game of refusing help when all I ever said was "why should I heed his words"?  Your only answer to that seems to be for me to go pick flowers or play with dogs as I continue to follow the false prophets in my life.

Yes, Jerry, the Lord is soon to come.  Might be 7 years from now, might be 100.  My lamp is trimmed and I am full of oil.  I try to stay that way.  Just don't try to scare people with talk of false prophets.  I can only hope that Mr. Matutis learns he's not saved and that if the Lord is using him to sound an alarm that he, himself, heeds his own words and comes to the light of truth.  I ask it in the name of Jesus Christ.

And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one. Zechariah 14:9

Ignorance of the Identity of the One True God is not a valid reason to practice idolatry.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: OGIA on December 11, 2008, 03:18:37 AM

"Honestly though"?  Does that mean everything you've said up until now has been dishonest?   ???

No John. That means the above 10 were written as wry, facetious, & extremely illogical points to 'avoid those in doctrinal error'. But I can see its meaning too was lost on you.

Just forget it.

Night.

titushome

Quote from: OGIA on December 10, 2008, 10:22:16 PM
Quote from: titushome on December 10, 2008, 04:47:46 PM
The Scriptures tell us that the Spirit will lead us into truth - not that there is any doctrinal litmus test to which all self-proclaimed messengers of God must be subjected.

I think you'll find the doctrinal litmus test of all the true prophets of the OT, titushome.  That litmus test started with Deut. 6:4.  This guy doesn't adhere to that.  I choose to leave his message to others to "heed" if they choose.

The only Scriptural "test" for prophets is the one stated in Jeremiah 28:9:  "when the word of the prophet comes to pass, then that prophet will be known as one whom the LORD has truly sent."

Quote from: OGIA on December 10, 2008, 10:22:16 PM
QuoteGod does fill trinitarians with His Spirit, and - gasp - yes, even speaks to and through them.  When He does, we ought to listen.  If you reject out-of-hand the words of anyone who doesn't believe in/understand oneness, then you're missing out on centuries of profound spiritual insight. 

How do you know when He does speak to and through them?  If you don't know that this message came "from God", they why are you suggesting I listen to him?

I know when God is speaking to me through a man's words because the Spirit in me tells me it is so; the Spirit verifies that the man's words are of God.

And I'm not suggesting necessarily that you pay heed to the words of this or any other man.  I'm suggesting only that you not reject a man's words as not from God, just because he is trinitarian.  You might miss out on something God wants to say to you.
"You stir man to take pleasure in praising you, because you have made us for yourself, and our heart is restless until it rests in you."
- Augustine

OGIA

Quote from: titushome on December 11, 2008, 05:24:50 PM
The only Scriptural "test" for prophets is the one stated in Jeremiah 28:9:  "when the word of the prophet comes to pass, then that prophet will be known as one whom the LORD has truly sent."

I believe the prophet's knowledge of and worship of the One True God had to come before he belted out any "Thus saith the Lord"s.   THAT is the litmus test I am referring to.  One has gotta get the basics down first or all else is built on sand.

QuoteI'm suggesting only that you not reject a man's words as not from God, just because he is trinitarian.  You might miss out on something God wants to say to you.

When I've surrounded myself with men who know truth and have lived this truth for decades, why would I open myself up to someone who is blinded to even the most basic of truths?  I figure God will speak through the true man of God LONG before He uses a false prophet to give me a word.   :grin:

And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one. Zechariah 14:9

Ignorance of the Identity of the One True God is not a valid reason to practice idolatry.

onli-one-jehovi

Here it is March 1st. 

The usurper president has deceived this nation - and the world - into accepting his leadership.

Trillions of dollars have disappeared from the stock markets.

Drought is affecting a large portion of this country.

Sub-zero weather battered the northern states.

Unemployment is approximately 13%.

The banks who started this mess have been "rewarded" with billions.

The big 3 automakers want even more money.

Gold is $1000 per ounce.

Sec of State Clinton is begging China to continue loaning us money.

Financial/economic experts warn of collapse.

The church still preaches prosperity.

Are we ready yet?

OGIA

Ready here!  :)

I do believe it is going to get a lot worse.  I mean A LOT!   That is, unless the Lord has given up on the USofA. :smirk2:

Scott

I love some of these phrases...

QuoteThe usurper president has deceived this nation - and the world - into accepting his leadership.

The Usurper Part makes me want to giggle - not at you for saying it, but that phrase.  I don't like the president, but why do you define him as a usurper, he is legally elected.

QuoteDrought is affecting a large portion of this country.

Not as much as you'd think. I work with Ag. Commodities and while there is some areas of drought, it is not as widespead as the doom and gloom media claims.

QuoteSub-zero weather battered the northern states.

Welcome to winter in Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Canada and North Eastern USA! Each and every year it happens.  This year was actually pretty mild, many times we see 3 to 4 weeks of sub zero weather from Christmas to mid / late January. We are talking 10 to 40 below in Minneapolis, and worse in northern Minnesota.

QuoteThe church still preaches prosperity.

Not our church and not most of the churches I know personally.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

onli-one-jehovi

The Usurper Part makes me want to giggle - not at you for saying it, but that phrase.  I don't like the president, but why do you define him as a usurper, he is legally elected.

Do you mean "legally" elected via a bought election, rigged electronic voting machines, & multiple illegals voting? Or do you mean "legally" via the just and incorruptible Electoral College?   :laughhard:

I was primarily referring to his refusal to provide documented birth certificate for eligibility to even run. ALL his records are sealed and the Courts are throwing out LEGAL inquiries w/o even a hearing. His own family members have placed his birthplace in Kenya, not Hawaii. Besides which, out of all the alias' names he's used.... what is his REAL name?

Personally, it doesn't matter to me. He's not my king. I'm just making reference.

Drought is affecting a large portion of this country.

Not as much as you'd think. I work with Ag. Commodities and while there is some areas of drought, it is not as widespead as the doom and gloom media claims.

Well that's good news. Except for the areas whose lakes {water sources} are shrinking, livestock grass is practically non-existent, home foundations are cracking, fire danger in the red, crops not coming in, farmers going broke buying alternative feed - all affected by no or insubstantial rain. It's not even the dry season yet!

You're right. Everything is A-OK. All Govt propaganda via the "gloom and doom media" {those lying jackals}.  Eat, drink, and be merry! All is well and things are normal. Sail on, Mac Duff!  :thumbsup2:

Welcome to winter in Minnesota, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Canada and North Eastern USA! Each and every year it happens.  This year was actually pretty mild, many times we see 3 to 4 weeks of sub zero weather from Christmas to mid / late January. We are talking 10 to 40 below in Minneapolis, and worse in northern Minnesota.

True, it does get very cold up there on a regular basis. Yet when taken in conjunction with the entire country - record lows, record snowfalls, record highs, etc - it all adds up.

the church still preaches prosperity.

That's good. What do they teach? Cause the Church at large does continue to focus on prosperity. The Church at large does continue to proclaim: this is a bump in the road and America will get thru it. God is going to heal the land. The Church at large does continue to live unaware of what the Spirit is saying to the churches. The Church at large is not prepared for the continuing judgment upon this nation, nor the changes upon us.

That's why I ask.... are you ready?

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: OGIA on March 03, 2009, 08:55:09 PM

Ready here!  :)

I do believe it is going to get a lot worse.  I mean A LOT!   That is, unless the Lord has given up on the USofA. :smirk2:

Yeah, it's getting worse. What's that storm in Acts--- Euroclydon or something like that? I believe America's time is up. Individual basis now. Who will and will not repent.

Reminds me of that old Patrick Swayze movie...."This ain't Bad, but Bad's coming!"

The most important thing is to be ready spiritually. Be sure all is right and square with the LORD. That's our ark. That's our safety. There is no "safe haven" that will not be effected. We just have to listen to our King and trust Him whether we live or die. We have to overcome.

They overcame by the blood of the lamb, the word of their testimony, and they loved not their lives unto the death.

onli-one-jehovi

There has been much stirring the last few weeks concerning this country. Today, the following was posted. Not for fear, but for preparation. We really, really, really are on the cusp here. Please take this subject seriously.

Saturday, March 7, 2009
AN URGENT MESSAGE

I am compelled by the Holy Spirit to send out an urgent message to all on our mailing list, and to friends and to bishops we have met all over the world.

AN EARTH-SHATTERING CALAMITY IS ABOUT TO HAPPEN. IT IS GOING TO BE SO FRIGHTENING, WE ARE ALL GOING TO TREMBLE - EVEN THE GODLIEST AMONG US.

For ten years I have been warning about a thousand fires coming to New York City. It will engulf the whole megaplex, including areas of New Jersey and Connecticut. Major cities all across America will experience riots and blazing fires—such as we saw in Watts, Los Angeles, years ago.

There will be riots and fires in cities worldwide. There will be looting—including Times Square, New York City. What we are experiencing now is not a recession, not even a depression. We are under God's wrath. In Psalm 11 it is written,

"If the foundations are destroyed, what can the righteous do?" (v. 3).

God is judging the raging sins of America and the nations. He is destroying the secular foundations.

The prophet Jeremiah pleaded with wicked Israel, "God is fashioning a calamity against you and devising a plan against you. Oh, turn back each of you from your evil way, and reform your ways and deeds. But they will say, It's hopeless! For we are going to follow our own plans, and each of us will act according to the stubbornness of his evil heart" (Jeremiah 18:11-12).

In Psalm 11:6, David warns, "Upon the wicked he will rain snares (coals of fire)...fire...burning wind...will be the portion of their cup." Why? David answered, "Because the Lord is righteous" (v. 7). This is a righteous judgment—just as in the judgments of Sodom and in Noah's generation.

WHAT SHALL THE RIGHTEOUS DO? WHAT ABOUT GOD'S PEOPLE?

First, I give you a practical word I received for my own direction. If possible lay in store a thirty-day supply of non-perishable food, toiletries and other essentials. In major cities, grocery stores are emptied in an hour at the sign of an impending disaster.

As for our spiritual reaction, we have but two options. This is outlined in Psalm 11. We "flee like a bird to a mountain." Or, as David says, "He fixed his eyes on the Lord on his throne in heaven—his eyes beholding, his eyelids testing the sons of men" (v. 4). "In the Lord I take refuge" (v. 1).

I will say to my soul: No need to run...no need to hide. This is God's righteous work. I will behold our Lord on his throne, with his eye of tender, loving kindness watching over every step I take—trusting that he will deliver his people even through floods, fires, calamities, tests, trials of all kinds.

Note: I do not know when these things will come to pass, but I know it is not far off. I have unburdened my soul to you. Do with the message as you choose.

God bless and keep you,

In Christ,

DAVID WILKERSON
Posted by David Wilkerson on 3/07/09

Scott

I was primarily referring to his refusal to provide documented birth certificate for eligibility to even run. ALL his records are sealed and the Courts are throwing out LEGAL inquiries w/o even a hearing. His own family members have placed his birthplace in Kenya, not Hawaii. Besides which, out of all the alias' names he's used.... what is his REAL name?

All candidates must present proof of citizenship to the election board when they file to run. They are not however required to release personal records to the public. Sealing records is pretty common for people in higher office

QuoteTrue, it does get very cold up there on a regular basis. Yet when taken in conjunction with the entire country - record lows, record snowfalls, record highs, etc - it all adds up.

Weather is cyclical  - always has been, always will be

That's good. What do they teach?

Acts 2:38

I don't know of any church in our area that teaches it,  I did know a preacher that did, but he fell into sin

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: Scott on March 09, 2009, 01:01:10 AM

All candidates must present proof of citizenship to the election board when they file to run. They are not however required to release personal records to the public. Sealing records is pretty common for people in higher office

I take it then, that you are not familiar with the lawsuits via Freedom of Information Act that have been stonewalled since way before the election. No matter. I stand on my earlier statements.

True, it does get very cold up there on a regular basis. Yet when taken in conjunction with the entire country - record lows, record snowfalls, record highs, etc - it all adds up.

Weather is cyclical  - always has been, always will be

I take it then that you ascribe the recent/current destruction caused by hurricanes, floods, drought, record-breaking heat/cold waves - as nothing more than 'weather cycles as usual'? There is nothing there to hint at judgment upon this sinful nation?

That's good. What do they teach?

Acts 2:38

Beyond that..... anything about being led of the Spirit in giving?  Anything about lay not treasures upon earth?  Anything about deny yourself and take up your cross?  Anything about my kingdom is not of this world?  Anything such as that?

I don't know of any church in our area that teaches it,  I did know a preacher that did, but he fell into sin

That's sad. Do you know any preachers or christians who are not of your denomination? A careful check will reveal the prosperity gospel is alive and well throughout the entire Body of Christ - including Acts 2:38 adherents.

I wonder Scott.... do you even believe the coming of the LORD is nigh? Do you believe the warning signs screaming at this nation and the world? Are you - like so much of the Body - asleep as to the time in which we now live? Do you think the warnings and admonishments I post are simply products of doom & gloom media frenzy? I really wonder. I really do.

The Body better prepare. All you lurkers out there who may not be sure what it all means. I'll tell you what it means. It means the economy is not going to right itself like is has in the past. It means the US Dollar is soon to be worthless. It means there will be shortages of food and other essentials. It means Christians who dare to stand up for Jesus Christ and insist that the cross is the only way to God - no matter the denomination - will ultimately be killed. It means everything you have heard and studied about the coming of the LORD is happening!

This is the Day of the LORD; the 7th day from Adam and the 3rd day from Jesus Christ. This is the time of the closing door upon a sinful and unrepentant church who continues to play the harlot. The easy life is over. Brace yourselves, for the night is swiftly approaching. Understand that the entire purpose of the BEAST KINGDOM is to make war with and overcome the Saints. The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy; and he has the authority of our FATHER to do so. Time for games is done with. We must all examine ourselves and put aside every weight/sin that prevents conforming to Jesus' image.

What is coming quickly is designed to forever eradicate Man's kingdoms. That's why the weather damage to crops, land, shipping, production, etc. That's why the economy of America and the world is collapsing. The stock market will fall and never rise again. The time of trusting in mammon is over. GOD is bringing everything to a halt and forcing HIS people to depend upon HIM. The America we all knew is gone forever. The pulpits need to address this soon, or it'll be too late. Remember Jesus' warning.... the flood came and took them all away. They were not prepared. They did not heed the warnings. They never dreamed it would happen to them. Had not Noah been preaching this since their parents were children? Even the animals coming to the Ark did not convince them. How many of us will remain so blind? How many of us can't see the forest for the trees? Why do we insist it's business as usual?

Please.... don't take my word for it.... pray.... do an internet search.... listen to someone who refuses to ignore the screaming of the Holy Ghost. Don't let the status quo ministers/ministry convince you that "all is well". It's not. Euroclydon has the ship in its grip and will not let go. Everything is going to be shaken to see what is of GOD. Even our religious idols will not survive. We must fall upon the Rock, lest the Rock fall upon us. The kingdoms of this world are being brought down for the establishment of King Jesus. America will not survive as she was. She too will fall. Obama has his part to play and will play it well. Be a good Berean..... look into it while you can.

CDAGeek

Jesus said 2000 years ago "Behold, I come quickly".

The disciples that walked with Him thought his return would happen before they died.

So has every generation of believers since then.

It's true, we have wars, rumor of wars, pestilence, disease, famines. Earthquakes, hurricanes, fires, tornadoes, tsunamis, droughts. But again, that's nothing new either. We've had all those things before, often on larger scales than we do now, and if we don't have records of them being clustered so close and so often as they are now, think about how long we've actually kept records of weather phenomena.

One preacher at our church made the comment regarding Katrina, "The entire french quarter, perhaps the most sinful section of the city was spared. And several apostolic churches were completely destroyed. I don't know about you friend, but I know my God has better aim than that!"

I'm not saying don't be prepared. Every single person *should* search their own heart and make sure they are right with God, because those that don't risk being caught unawares like the virgins in the parable. But scripture also says NO MAN knoweth the hour. Read whatever you want into current events, bad as they may be, you have no more biblical ground to state the end is nigh than people did 2000 years ago. God will come in His time, and His time alone, and we're not going to be able to predict it.

I mean, as long as we're talking hypotheticals here, ponder this. What's going to happen to someone's faith who comes to God under the belief that judgement is imminent, and then it doesn't happen. 5 weeks, 5 months, 5 years later, the world is continuing as it was. I don't know about you, but if that's what got me into church, that could be rather hard hitting to my faith.

Are things bad? Sure are. Is America full of sin? No doubt. Is everything going on God's way of judging the nation and heralding in the end of times? Hardly. Things are continuing much as they have before, and will again if the Lord tarries.

Scott

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on March 09, 2009, 03:58:24 AM
Quote from: Scott on March 09, 2009, 01:01:10 AM

I take it then, that you are not familiar with the lawsuits via Freedom of Information Act that have been stonewalled since way before the election. No matter. I stand on my earlier statements.

I heard about them on Late Night George Noory Radio and many conspiracy theory web sites.  The law is on his side, he only has to release his Birth Cert to the Election board when he files, nothing says that he nor anyone else has to release their personal records publically.

QuoteWeather is cyclical  - always has been, always will be

I take it then that you ascribe the recent/current destruction caused by hurricanes, floods, drought, record-breaking heat/cold waves - as nothing more than 'weather cycles as usual'? There is nothing there to hint at judgment upon this sinful nation?

Weather Cycle..

I do not ascribe all bad in the world as God's judgment upon America. 

QuoteBeyond that..... anything about being led of the Spirit in giving?  Anything about lay not treasures upon earth?  Anything about deny yourself and take up your cross?  Anything about my kingdom is not of this world?  Anything such as that?

Sounds like bible to me. We teach the bible my friend.

QuoteI wonder Scott.... do you even believe the coming of the LORD is nigh?

I do as do most Christians

QuoteDo you believe the warning signs screaming at this nation and the world?

There are signs true, but not as great as the depression and WWII years.

QuoteAre you - like so much of the Body - asleep as to the time in which we now live?

Asleep right now? ? ?

QuoteDo you think the warnings and admonishments I post are simply products of doom & gloom media frenzy? I really wonder. I really do.

Doom and gloom media hype!

The Never Ending Battle

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: CDAGeek on March 09, 2009, 06:57:33 PM
Jesus said 2000 years ago "Behold, I come quickly".

The disciples that walked with Him thought his return would happen before they died.

So has every generation of believers since then.

It's true, we have wars, rumor of wars, pestilence, disease, famines. Earthquakes, hurricanes, fires, tornadoes, tsunamis, droughts. But again, that's nothing new either. We've had all those things before, often on larger scales than we do now, and if we don't have records of them being clustered so close and so often as they are now, think about how long we've actually kept records of weather phenomena.

One preacher at our church made the comment regarding Katrina, "The entire french quarter, perhaps the most sinful section of the city was spared. And several apostolic churches were completely destroyed. I don't know about you friend, but I know my God has better aim than that!"

I'm not saying don't be prepared. Every single person *should* search their own heart and make sure they are right with God, because those that don't risk being caught unawares like the virgins in the parable. But scripture also says NO MAN knoweth the hour. Read whatever you want into current events, bad as they may be, you have no more biblical ground to state the end is nigh than people did 2000 years ago. God will come in His time, and His time alone, and we're not going to be able to predict it.

I mean, as long as we're talking hypotheticals here, ponder this. What's going to happen to someone's faith who comes to God under the belief that judgement is imminent, and then it doesn't happen. 5 weeks, 5 months, 5 years later, the world is continuing as it was. I don't know about you, but if that's what got me into church, that could be rather hard hitting to my faith.

Are things bad? Sure are. Is America full of sin? No doubt. Is everything going on God's way of judging the nation and heralding in the end of times? Hardly. Things are continuing much as they have before, and will again if the Lord tarries.

Very elegant and traditional response. No need for me to rehash a refute. I'm sure you've heard them all. Would like to make one, small comment though:

if the Lord tarries ........  See, that's just it. He's not tarrying any longer. Things aren't continuing as they have before. No amount of explanations will change that. But thanks for answering.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: Scott on March 09, 2009, 10:39:14 PM

QuoteDo you think the warnings and admonishments I post are simply products of doom & gloom media frenzy? I really wonder. I really do.

You're the head here on this site. Want me to quit. Walk away from this? Drop what you refer to as "media hype"?

CDAGeek

Quoteif the Lord tarries ........  See, that's just it. He's not tarrying any longer. Things aren't continuing as they have before. No amount of explanations will change that. But thanks for answering.

You've yet to show how things aren't continuing as they have before. Or any proof that the current trials the world faces aren't just more results of the world's corruption and fallen nature that it's dealt with since sin entered it.

The fact is, we don't know. Jesus could return tomorrow, or it could be another 2000 years off. The scripture is very plain when it says no man knows. I'm all for being ready - everyone should live their life spiritually as if any moment could be their last, otherwise they do risk being unprepared when Jesus returns. But by no means do we know that right now we are on the verge of it. To claim so goes against scripture.

Should we be ready? Yes. Should we prepare? Yes. Do we know for fact the current plights are a sign of his imminent return? No.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: CDAGeek on March 09, 2009, 06:57:33 PM

Two other things....

And several apostolic churches were completely destroyed.

Perhaps HE knew them to be more unrighteous than anyone realized. Judgment begins at the House of the Lord - that is among HIS people. Biblical history shows the destruction of "God's temple" was necessary to break the yoke of religion off believers. Many, many Jewish Christians remained fixated upon "God's Temple" and neglected the leading of the Holy Spirit. The church today tends toward the same bent. Jesus himself never had anything harsh to say toward sinners. It was the church of that time - those who were supposed to know better - who received the scathing of the LORD. It won't be any different today. We are supposed to know the time and seasons, but we don't. {Taken as a whole} What do you think HE's going to say? I for one, do not want to hear it said to me.

if that's what got me into church, that could be rather hard hitting to my faith

I can see that. Yet, if it takes fear to keep me "in church" - that means I never developed a true relationship with Jesus. Such ones need to have their faith challenged. Actually, such faith needs to be shattered. Such faith is in "church" and not Christ.

Besides, how hard hitting will it be to millions in the Body when the pulpit promised "rapture" doesn't occur when we think it will? How hard hitting will it be when "Christian America" endures even worse calamities in the months to come? How hard hitting will it be when thousands of "preachers" are proven wrong?

The truth is always hard hitting to tradition faith. The 10 virgins were all asleep when the midnight call came. Some still need to wake up.

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: CDAGeek on March 09, 2009, 11:21:54 PM
Quoteif the Lord tarries ........  See, that's just it. He's not tarrying any longer. Things aren't continuing as they have before. No amount of explanations will change that. But thanks for answering.

You've yet to show how things aren't continuing as they have before. Or any proof that the current trials the world faces aren't just more results of the world's corruption and fallen nature that it's dealt with since sin entered it.

The fact is, we don't know. Jesus could return tomorrow, or it could be another 2000 years off. The scripture is very plain when it says no man knows. I'm all for being ready - everyone should live their life spiritually as if any moment could be their last, otherwise they do risk being unprepared when Jesus returns. But by no means do we know that right now we are on the verge of it. To claim so goes against scripture.

Should we be ready? Yes. Should we prepare? Yes. Do we know for fact the current plights are a sign of his imminent return? No.

How things aren't continuing as they have before...... take a look at Wall Street, the Banking industry, the housing industry, the govts of the world, the weather storms, etc. The US Stock Market had 7 trillion dollars evaporate in 6 months. The Govt has indebted we-the-people for over 8 trillion dollars in bail-outs. This is bail-outs and nationalization of the entire banking industry in this country. A close look at the recipients will show the majority to be owners of the Federal Reserve!

For the first time since Noah, a government established by the people has chosen to legitimize homosexual marriage. Not even the Greeks and Romans did that. The world itself is blatantly promoting one-world global government, with all that entails. A primary weapon in the so-called war on terrorism, is to freeze banking abilities. Does not scripture say - no man may buy or sell? This is unheard of in the history of the world. And some have the blind audacity to say "things are continuing as before?"

But by no means do we know that right now we are on the verge of it. To claim so goes against scripture.

Au contrair.  Scripture repeatedly tells us the times and seasons of Jesus' return and what to watch for. He even tells us it will be on the third & last day - 3000 yrs from Christ, 7000 yrs from Adam. It is no coincidence that all we see happening today begin to converge immediately after the year 2000. To claim we cannot know goes against scripture and the constant leading of the Holy Ghost. Some of us refuse to see the animals and are waiting for the rain.

Be a good Berean. Do your homework.

onli-one-jehovi

I hope that most here do not consider these warnings as "media hype". For those who do..... ignore it.  For those who do not.... it is essential not to fear. Our King has everything under control and HE will take care of us.

Usually, the first thing I want to know is.....what do I do? The most important thing is to get the spiritual house in order. Be prepared spiritually so that the voice of the Holy Ghost can be clearly heard. HE will tell you what to do on an individual basis. If we listen to HIM, we will be alright.

I meant to post this yesterday, but got side-tracked.

"If the foundations be destroyed, what shall the righteous do?"

Recently I felt compelled to send out an URGENT message warning of an impending great calamity — such that will cause even God's elect to tremble.

One Bishop asked, "Is there no further word:  How should the righteous respond to such a word?"

I can only answer by sharing what the Holy Spirit is speaking to my own heart and what I am to do.  I shared that I was led in a practical way to lay aside a month's supply of food — because I have witnessed the panic in the wake of terrorism.  That has to be a personal word for every individual.

This is what I hear the Holy Spirit speaking to my heart concerning my own spiritual response to impending calamity.  It is simply this —STAND STILL AND SEE THE SALVATION OF THE LORD.

"And Moses said to the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will show you today...The Lord shall fight for you, and you shall hold your peace" (Exodus 14:13-14).

This is the attitude of faith in the face of calamity.   What could Israel do on the brink of the Red Sea ?   Pharaoh's army is pressing in, mountains are on both sides, and there is an impossible sea ahead.  The flesh cries, "Do something!"

The flesh cries hopelessness.  Can God's people dry up the sea?  Level a mountain?  Fight a great army without having weapons?  They are in what appears to be a dreadful, frightening situation.  God's people tremble — and in this hour of trembling comes a word from God.  In essence:

"Stand still. Fear not. This is the hour of salvation.  You are going to witness the pulling down of the foundations of a world power.  But in the same hour, I will fight for you.  Hold your peace — be still and see my works."

Beloved, my warning is just one voice among many who are saying the same thing.  We may all tremble for a season, but those who truly know God's Word will be quickly comforted by the Holy Spirit.  We will be baptized with a great peace — a supernatural quietness — which will be a tremendous witness to the fearful multitudes.

In Christ,

3-8-09                                                 David Wilkerson

Scott

Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on March 09, 2009, 11:06:58 PM

You're the head here on this site. Want me to quit. Walk away from this? Drop what you refer to as "media hype"?

Not at all

By the way ... I LOVE media hype   :laughhard:

it gets people talking and...

This

is

a

Discussion Board

if Media Hype makes people talk and they can have fun without killing each other...

I am all for it.

:freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2:

The Never Ending Battle

onli-one-jehovi

Quote from: Scott on March 10, 2009, 10:49:54 PM
Quote from: onli-one-jehovi on March 09, 2009, 11:06:58 PM

Not at all

By the way ... I LOVE media hype   :laughhard:

it gets people talking and...

This

is

a

Discussion Board

if Media Hype makes people talk and they can have fun without killing each other...

I am all for it.

:freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2: :freaky2:

Thanks. I can be agitating w/o really intending to .....  sometimes.  :freaky2: 

onli-one-jehovi

Ok. Now that we have received another warning from the LORD, the question remains: What shall we do?  The obvious is to be spiritually prepared and safe within the sheepfold. This calamity will ultimately - and currently does - affect the whole world. There will not be any natural "safe place" unless the LORD prepares one. Thus, the "ark" truly is Christ. I can't remember which Book it is in, but do a bible search on the Sheepfold of Bozrah. That gives a pretty good picture of where God is placing us.

Anyway, here is a pastor's response to an urgent warning.

Friday, March 13, 2009
A PASTOR'S RESPONSE TO "AN URGENT WARNING"

By Gary Wilkerson

It is the task of a true prophet to warn. We have recently heard such a clear warning of perilous days just ahead of us. The prophet is like a man who comes to warn a shepherd that ravenous wolves are approaching.

It then becomes the shepherd's task to appropriately discern the warning and to guide those in his care to a place of wisdom and security. I am not a prophet. I am a local pastor. I must ask myself what I am to do in light of hearing the warning from God. What should I say to those under my pastoral care?

First, I want my people to clearly hear the word. What is it saying and what is it not saying. Some have heard of fires and looting and their hearts are filled with fear. I am to assure my people that God is always completely in control. God is sovereign. Nothing takes place outside of his notice and counsel, and all things happen for his ultimate, highest glory. Even in the most troubling of times, our God knows exactly what he is doing.

Second, I want those I serve to know two things concerning God's wrath. First, some leaders in the church have sadly fallen into the deception that there is no such thing as the wrath of God. Roman 1:18 says, "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth." Some act in ungodly ways, others are ungodly by their suppressing the truth of God's wrath. Some leaders reduce, ignore and even ridicule anyone who reminds them of the certainty of God's wrath. Romans 2:5 also tells us clearly that the wrath of God is toward those whose hearts are hard and impenitent. This leads to the second element of understanding God's wrath. It is never, ever, ever poured out on the children of God. In I John 2:2 "He is the propitiation for our sins." The word propitiation means "wrath quencher." What marvelous grace, what redemption! God's wrath at my rebellion and sin has been quenched on the Cross of Christ. Hard times come; rain falls even on the just but wrath does not.

Last, I am obligated to guide the flock given to me with loving-kindness and soberness. If a wolf or a storm is coming, I as a shepherd must know the conditions of my flock. Are any sitting on the fence? Warn them that this is no time for compromise or close affiliation with the world. Partying in the house of an Egyptian on the night of the Passover is definitely not a good idea. This is a time to stay close to the Chief Shepherd. This is also an opportunity for us to call out to those outside the gate. Jesus is the Door and has opened his heart. His cry it that all flee from wrath to come. More than shrinking behind a double-locked door or fleeing to a rural farm, this is a call from Jesus to move your life into the sheepfold.

When a prophet comes with a message of warning, often people want the prophet to give them specific advice about what to do in response. At times, God gives the prophet a word, but more often it is up to the shepherd, and even more so, up to every man of God to take the word into account for his own family. Just as a pastor has stewardship of the church, a man of God is to give an account of his own family. When one comes to warn that wolves are coming, it is not always his responsibility to tell them what to do. We can hear from God. Joseph heard God say to store up food for the season to come (Genesis 41). Moses heard God say to receive gifts from the Egyptians for their journey (Exodus12). We as well can hear from God for our situation. Sheep do hear the Shepherd's voice.

Jesus—in this hour, in this storm—will not only guide his people and comfort his flock but will also give them boldness, confidence and a heart to serve those troubled by the afflictions. A prophet once came to Paul and prophesied that if he went to Jerusalem he would be bound and put in prison. The prophet was faithful to give his word; it was up to Paul to hear from God how to deal with that warning. Paul, after hearing the prophecy, still decided to go to Jerusalem—willing to risk his life for the gospel (Acts 21). Some will hear and stay in a place of safety; others will hear and go to a place to serve. Some churches are positioned in cities that will need their spiritual strength and compassion. Perhaps the wisdom of Paul in Ephesians 5:15-18 speaks most to what we need, "Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit."

Posted by David Wilkerson on 3/13/2009   

Scott

David is back in the public eye....

Now he can sell some more books....

The Never Ending Battle