News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Whats for supper?

Started by Tricia Lea, October 28, 2009, 07:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricShane

Quote from: Psalm_97 on March 19, 2011, 01:54:35 AM
I was wrong, that's not the only way to eat potatoes.  I went with potatoes with cheddar melted in, plus parmesan dressing. 

Rich food, yes.  Rich people food, no.  Potatoes are cheap, the parmesan dressing I got at a salvage grocery and the cheese is regular ole chedded shreddar, I mean shredded cheddar.  What's rich people food?  The herring I didn't eat tonight is a dollar a can at Dollar General Store.
oh nevermind... back to foodstamps! lol
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Lynx

Eh, not quite that low.  Me and Grandma, together we get by.  By ourselves both of us would be hard put to squeak by though, and one or maybe even both of us might be on food stamps.

Price is one reason I frequent salvage groceries, but the main reason is I find stuff that you don't find in local stores.  The last real treasure was a dark chocolate covered marzipan candy bar.  I bought one, tried it and promptly bought all they had.  I'm now down to my last one, and I'll probably never find them again.  :(

Find a lot of stuff there though.  I've found some stuff I picked up for my uncle - we do a lot of foodstuff swapping if one of us finds something neat.  Found four jars of salsa verde de habanero, very hot.  I walked in uncle Fred's house and said "Hey unk, you know a guy by the name of Verde?"  "No, don't reckon I do..."  "First name is Salsa."  "Oh, yeah I know that guy real well!"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Heather

I had gluten free lasagna. It was actually kinda delicious...
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Carne Asada con pico de gallo y arroz y frijoles  :)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Supper was tuna sandwiches, meatballs, a hot dog, chips... It was a church thing - every 4th Sunday we meet-and-eat after church. 

Downside was I had to scramble and get basically a whole sound system out of the way in the zero minutes between children's church and eating.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

The Purple Fuzzy

Beef tips and rice and black eyed peas.

Babs

i had a jack in the box grilled chicken salad, was yummm  :fork:
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

taco_harvell

Going to do something with chicken in a bit, no idea what I will make yet.

Heather

pepperoni, cheese, pineapple calzone from Mellow Mushroom

Melody

Sounds like my kind of place. ☺

I don't know what we're having.  Probably mashed potatoes and something... LOL  I'm not w/ the program today.

taco_harvell

Lynx

Fried fish.  And hushpuppies and all the stuff that goes with it.  And honey bun cake and banana pudding. 

It was a church dinner with a singing afterward.  It oughta be a crime to make anyone sing after a meal like that.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

Lynx

Cheese biscuits made by Grandma.  It's good to have her back home.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

mom got me japanese for lunch. so i'll be munching on it all day  :cool:

The Purple Fuzzy

Babs

Went and got subway for lunch and ate it at a park, twas nice :D

Even have some left for a late night snack :)
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Kloey

I'm on the night shift, so I haven't had dinner yet, but reading this thread has made me beyond hungry.  I'm thinking about doing bad things to strawberries and cheese.
I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.

Lynx

Oh yeah, I should probably post in this thread...

Supper tonight:  two bananas, oatmeal, milk.  BZZZZZZZZT blend it all up.  Very good, very filling, not very heavy for a supper.  Very tasty.  I wish I hadn't eaten it yet, so I could eat some more. 

EDIT:  Er... drink some more.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

We had bacon sandwiches.

Kloey

I ended up having spaghetti, but I didn't slow-cook the sauce.  Bacon sandwiches sounds wonderful, though.  Thick slices of tomato with black pepper and a bit o' mustard...mhmm good.
I am activated to pursue His kingdom, not for what it is, but for the absence found within.