News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Whats for supper?

Started by Tricia Lea, October 28, 2009, 07:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Kloey on April 13, 2011, 11:05:50 AM
I ended up having spaghetti, but I didn't slow-cook the sauce.  Bacon sandwiches sounds wonderful, though.  Thick slices of tomato with black pepper and a bit o' mustard...mhmm good.
At the risk of being arrested- pork ribs. :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Is a bacon sandwich the same thing as a BLT? I adore BLTs!

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

Only if I have the LT to go with the B. ;)  and it needs cheese. :bigcheese:

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

nwlife

scotch broth recipe
2 pounds lamb stew meat
1/2 cup barley
1 tablespoon salt
3 peppercorns
...1 onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 turnip, peeled and diced
10 ounces frozen peas, thawed
1 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
Directions

1. Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
2. Cover; cook on Low 10-12 hours or High 4-5 hours.

The other "suggested" ingredient was a bottle of scotch instead of putting water in the pot....Might settle for grape or orange juice....
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

Heather

ummm...yesterday i think i had a couple hush puppies and some little casaer's brought to us working at the church. my stomach hated me later for it, but i was hungry  :smirk2:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Mashed taters.  Bake potatoes in microwave, slice in half, scoop out insides, mash them up with a whole stick of butter.  Very tasty, very unhealthy, very good.   :freaky2:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Melody

Nathan is stopping by the store so i'm either going to be grilling our making turkey chili soup.

The soup is Very easy & satisfying.
Ground turkey or beef
chopped onion
garlic
black beans
can of tomatoes w/green chilies
fz. Corn
taco-chili seasonings (cumin, paprika, chili powder, cayenne, oregano, cilantro, ect.)

Brown your meat with the onion & garlic. Add everything else to your taste. Simmer for 10min if you'd like.  We eat this with sour cream & fritos our tortilla chips. 

okieoliveoyl

i am hungry...so whatever is easy to make once i get home. lol
Gods Promise: "This to shall pass"  not "and it came to stay"

Roscoe

Homemade chicken potpie. It was delicious, if I do say so myself. Now the kitchen that looks like an atomic bomb went off in it- that'll be Lou's headache.  :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Eggplant Parmesan and Apple Pie.  My top crust looks a little sad but it tastes great!

taco_harvell

Lynx

Fried okra and pan-cooked cornbread.  Grandmas can come in handy - it was cooking when I got home.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

5-0 has me craving some chicken pot pie! So that's what we're having. There's youth convention tonight so a meal in one dish is perfect.

Roscoe

It'll be a buffet someone else has cooked for us tonight...... YAY for vacation! :clap: (Chey's words)  :lol:

Tricia Lea

Turkey spaghetti, with garden rotini noodles

taco_harvell

The Purple Fuzzy

We had chicken and rice and gravy... and cabbage & cauliflower but I didn't eat that. ;)

Lynx

Pass me the veggies, I'm an omnivore.
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

My sister is now stateside and coming through tonight!  So I'm grilling chicken and making roasted veggies (red pepper, potatoes, onion, zuchini, squash) with asparagus.  Oh and a blueberry pie w/ ice cream!  I can't wait to see her and meet my new BIL.

Tricia Lea

Oven baked chicken, mashed potatoes, sweet peas

Melody

Last week I had taken a roast out of the freezer to the fridge.  Then a couple of days went by before I knew it and it needed cooked or it would go bad over the weekend while we were gone.  So I roasted it and froze it.  So it's like leftovers tonight.

Lynx

Quote for the day:  "For thirty years my mother fed our family on leftovers.  We never saw the original meal!"
"Do you sing at church?"